Stake Forum
Enzo

Public? Or private tip?

Featured Comment

Just curious what everyones opinion is on tipping and whether they do it publicly or privately.

I tend to tip privately and I like to receive them privately as well. Me and my friends often share coins between each other and for awhile I'd send tips publicly just to show off :P But I got a lot of friend requests.

What do you prefer? Public or Private?

As per me,
Why stake giving option to show on chat or not.
TIp has to be private.

Tip in public just leads to unwanted friend request.
Why dont people know tipping is not like rain and sending friend request.
and saying wow, nice , kind of you etc words after anyone making tip to other.

Yeah tip should be private but i sometimes do public tip if i had enough balance. Coz i mostly using phone in stake so i could see some of those friends that i could tip too. But if i had no extra for many friends then i definitely tip in private. This is also to avoid spamming the chat and popping friend req. 

I prefer private tips over public tips. because sometimes the beggars are there and always make a scene and noise in the chat room. requesting that he be given a tip ... or by sending a private message to the person who sent the tip ...

sometimes I feel upset and angry when the beggars ask me to send some coins to them because maybe they look in the chat room if I pinch some coins to my friend or I'm getting a tip from a friend ... I think using that private tip it's better to avoid the beggars who roam ...

I prefer private tips over public because when I do public I will invite many friend requests and most of them only want to borrow coins and that I avoid, except when I give tip while giving my new quiz public.

I always do it privately to avoid all of the beggars sending friend requests.  To me it gets very annoying that as soon as a tip is sent, they flood the PMs and friend requests.

Hey,

Personally I prefer to send tip in public, but it depends, sometimes I tip private if the amount exceed like 30,000 satoshis, because after the tip, beggars will come to me and ask.. And I prefer to receive private tip :P

With regards, Kinou.

Just curious what everyones opinion is on tipping and whether they do it publicly or privately.

I tend to tip privately and I like to receive them privately as well. Me and my friends often share coins between each other and for awhile I'd send tips publicly just to show off  But I got a lot of friend requests.

I remember when all tips were public that was a really mess in the chat then they give option to pay it privately but you had to uncheck it otherwise by default it was public, now all tips are private by default and you need to check it to be public I think this is the best option and I prefer this one. Public tips are just a magnet for beggars. 

i prefer to do private tip, specially to the common players on chat. if i sent rain sometimes the alts is included which is unfair to other main accounts, my recent tip is private and i can choose among players that i want, and its surprising that way to the receiver if they are bust and tipped them, they were glad.

thanks/

I'm more for the nature of sending a tip to a friend in person because I no one wants to feel jealous if I'm arrogant or show off and others. because I am not a person who likes to show off but if I rain it must be public because there is no private choice. in my opinion private tips are better because no one will feel in a stepchild for not getting a tip from me.

if I rain it must be public because there is no private choice

It's good that rains are public, I don't think rains should be private that would actually separate some users away from each other. When someone is doing rain it is such a nice thing that there is no reason to hide it. :)

I used to do a lot of public ones, but now as I have my loyal friends picked out, I tip privately to who I know are going to tip back when I'll need it too, so I don't want to tip nor receive via public too.

I use private, dont wanna get farmers friend request, i thinks if people wanna make privat rain why not, is someone wanna help other why not give them a change to stay privat,and if some wanna thanks rain maker, just say thanks, knowing rain maker name wont change amount, so why not give people to freedom to choose.

Keep it private, if you want to tip an specific user, it is nobody's business to know you do it, and you don't expose the person that receive it.

Unless you made a trivia/game/challenge, and it is expected that you actually send the prize to the winner.

If you are trying to show the community that you are trying to give back to them, then go ahead and make a public tip :D 

If you are just giving to a friend, I would recommend that you make it private because you don't want people adding you, asking you for money.

7 hours ago, wngo123 said:

I remember when all tips were public that was a really mess in the chat then they give option to pay it privately but you had to uncheck it otherwise by default it was public, now all tips are private by default and you need to check it to be public I think this is the best option and I prefer this one. Public tips are just a magnet for beggars. 

I remember those days as well.  I am very glad that we now have the option to make it private.  Back then the chat room was always inundated with beggars, even more than now.

16 hours ago, Enzo said:

I tend to tip privately and I like to receive them privately as well. Me and my friends often share coins between each other and for awhile I'd send tips publicly just to show off :P But I got a lot of friend requests.

i prefer for private tip, more quite and safe from new fans add friend request. lol

Doesn't really matter to me... I will usually tip publicly so they see they got tipped, but quite a few people will complain that i tip them publicly because they owe loans and they think now they have to pay up because they recieved a tip...    makes no difference to me tho

I have to say private. Why? Ofcourse to avoid beggar or passive beg in chatroom. And actually when receive a tip, I like when they tipped me in private.

if it's a tip it's better to be private, but if a friend exchanges coins with us it's better for the public to prove that we've managed to send it, for example the tabot, sorry, just my opinion

I will prefer private tip. And I use to send the tip as private too. And wish to receive in private. Public tips attract beggars. When I won enough I share some coin with my close friend at gambling sites. But if I make the tip public I always get message/pm from beggars. They ask for tip/help/loan. That's too bad at a gambling site. That's why I hate public tip. And if your intention is not to give tip to many user randomly at chat why you should make a tip publicly for show off? If you are giving tip only to selected people or your friends make it private. Give publicly when you want to share with all other randomly. 

I usually do private tipping to avoid beggars sending friend requests. It is annoying having friend request from someone you haven't even talked in chat.

22 hours ago, Enzo said:

for awhile I'd send tips publicly just to show off :P

I do this sometimes with the same reason. 😁