Stake Forum
Seoulmate

What can we do about Chat?

Featured Comment

The main chat on stake is not fit for purpose at this stage. Having a thousand people online in the same chat room is a recipe for chaos.

There is simply too many people getting in each others way all the time. Rainbot I think is the main attraction for many. 

How about separate chat rooms for platinum, gold, silver+Bronze?

or remove rainbot altogether from the equation? Anyone have some ideas?

someone suggested something like that 
i think it would be cool if there is something like that but people can invite other people 
like there is rly cool peeps that are silver like pae 
and some that are bronze or no rank but they are old users so they cool as hell 
and you are right 
you cant talk with peeps in chat but once rain shows up all this co*k jugglers show up from no where 
and start spamming - omg , lol ,wow, amazing etc  
hate it xD 

I can agree with you that there are too many players who says random, pointless stuff just to be eligible for receiving rains, and passive begging, but I don't really like the idea of segregating true players between ranks...

I think the better approach would be that mods get bit more strict to spammers and passive beggars and we as a community should report every offense and stop tipping those sneaky snakes. 

Also getting rid of rain could be an effective solution even if I like receiving little extra here and there, small price to pay to get rid of the leeches.

Well just let random people chat for rains, who cares about them, once they spam they are out anyways. I don't think that setting a different chatroom for each star would help, that's like saying that people with lower stars are spamming which is not true, I've seen many platinums and golds spamming nosense aswell, our staff does a really nice job to decrease beggars and alts so far.

1 hour ago, niki014 said:

up all this co*k jugglers 

I totally agree with you man, bu also Im so curious to know what is co*k jugglers ?

43 minutes ago, FotisNt said:

that's like saying that people with lower stars are spamming 

how do you arrive at that conclusion? 

1 hour ago, Xarv said:

I can agree with you that there are too many players who says random, pointless stuff just to be eligible for receiving rains, and passive begging, but I don't really like the idea of segregating true players between ranks...

I think the better approach would be that mods get bit more strict to spammers and passive beggars and we as a community should report every offense and stop tipping those sneaky snakes. 

Also getting rid of rain could be an effective solution even if I like receiving little extra here and there, small price to pay to get rid of the leeches.

I agree segregation is not  good, but the best way to have good ideas is to have lots of them, I was hoping to see if anyone had experience of this situation before. or some other ideas.

Edited by Seoulmate

1 hour ago, Seoulmate said:

The main chat on stake is not fit for purpose at this stage. Having a thousand people online in the same chat room is a recipe for chaos.

There is simply too many people getting in each others way all the time. Rainbot I think is the main attraction for many. 

English chat is really chaos, many people together at the same time is complicated, I think Stake urgently needs to find a solution to that, and separating the rooms by VIP stars is a good option.

4 hours ago, Seoulmate said:

I would like an exclusive chat.

There can be a public chat where everyone can participate but yeah as you said, people spamming the hell out of it plus spammers and scammers.

It's so hard to even know what conversation is going on as they are all so random! Can't even know who's talking with who lmao.

well yes sadly its a fact that there are a lot of random alts spamming stupid stuff on english chat just to catch some rains.

but  i dont think that something like a "exclusive chat" would make any sense at all.

I agree its totally chaotic when someone is raining and when eddie come on chat lol :D

removing rainbot will tend for players to jump on another site it's just my opinion, rainbot is a way of marketing strategy  :)

This is good idea.
People just chat to get rain and nothing else.
They just collect rain and harvest it to make huge balance to play or withdraw might be.

I think there need to be 3 catagory of chat as per rank.
1st - Platinum and Gold  (Platinum and gold can chat and rain in all of this rooms)
2nd - Silver and Bronze  (Silver and Bronze  rank can chat and rain in 2nd and 3rd chat room only)
3rd -  No rank  (No rank can chat and rain in 3rd room only)

2 hours ago, Jeazelle said:

This is a good Idea but for me Rainbot is part on gambling site's all gambling site's have rainbot to attrack people
Why does stake add a VIP chat room only for VIP players.

what would you do if you owned the site? any ideas?

How about a chat room for each game, so players can talk strategy with each other as they play?

5 hours ago, yomzkie said:

I agree its totally chaotic when someone is raining and when eddie come on chat lol :D

removing rainbot will tend for players to jump on another site it's just my opinion, rainbot is a way of marketing strategy  :)

Well marketing is about getting the right message to the right people, not much point in having  big numbers of beggars/scammers/ rain dancers getting in the way of your target customers.

Edited by Seoulmate

Not all people chat for rains. There are few people and they will always stay there no matter if stake makes different level chat room. English is an global chat room. And all countries people like to talk in English and stay on that room. If people have their own language room they will still come to EN room. So it will always remain same. Nothing about rain bot. 

14 hours ago, Seoulmate said:

I totally agree with you man, bu also Im so curious to know what is co*k jugglers ?

how do you arrive at that conclusion? 

I agree segregation is not  good, but the best way to have good ideas is to have lots of them, I was hoping to see if anyone had experience of this situation before. or some other ideas.

I had an idea today durinf work, maybe they could add something like a "Friend's Group Chat" a seperate chat only for your friends through invites, basically works like a group pm.

What do you think?

This is actually one of the taboo topics I wanted to post on this forum, but in more detail. The chat is just filled with alts begging passively and trying to exploit rain-bot and lately, they are even becoming more relentless. It would be better if there would be a process in trying to filter out creating new accounts in the future such as timeouts on IP addresses (if "1 IP = 1 account" cannot really be implemented, put a cooldown of at least 120 hours on an IP before another account can be created).

Because here defrent countries users and mostly know English that's why you see so many users in English chatroom and rainbot attract more users so I don't think your idea fit for this.

And when anyone rain or Eddie send tips then every one try to send msg that's why create some problems

One good possibility could be a VIP only chat. Since many low levelled users on the site talk in chat, with the intention of obtaining the rain. As VIP's tend to have a high bank roll and don't only have the intention for a couple of pennies, I think that the quality of this room will be a lot better, when comparing it to the regular English chat.

I don't see any reason why we need any changes in the chat. I would not limit the chat for anyone. It's been always like around 1000 users and I don't see any chaos , most of them never participate in the chat anyway.

Even though more than 1000 people are online, that does not mean all of them are in one chatroom, there are many chatrooms in stake, such as French chatrooms, Indian chatrooms etc., so in my opinion there are no changes to chatrooms. leave the chatroom as it is

8 hours ago, Ali saher said:

Because here defrent countries users and mostly know English that's why you see so many users in English chatroom and rainbot attract more users so I don't think your idea fit for this.

And when anyone rain or Eddie send tips then every one try to send msg that's why create some problems

So what is your suggestion? it is not helpful to criticize others but offer nothing yourself.

It does gives an extremely crowded feeling especially during chaotic times of when alot of player rains are happening. The chat can really go way too fast to even catch up looking at any of the messages in chat. A vip chat sorta sounds nice-ish too.