Stake Forum
Sped

Unless you are a HR, are races worth it?

Featured Comment

Hello Stakers!

Races I think we can all admit are a fun and innovative idea that stake has implemented into itself. It allows a competitive edge to gambling, while also a bonus for wagering more in a short period of time. However, are the prizes for the amount you have to wager worth it for non HR?

Lets face it, 99% of us aren't going to be wagering 10 btc anytime soon in any of the races. So, does that mean that because of the miniscule amount we can wager, do races even have a point?

I understand if you are betting during a race but not trying to race, and just getting a reward if it comes to you, but I mean like legit trying to race and raise your wager. Is this worth it, or in the end will you almost always end up losing or wasting your time? What are your thoughts?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Once I made my position in race though I'm not trying for it. I have lost 300 xrp that time and was playing my normal game not any HR bet. If you are playing for race and lost much without getting good position it's surely a waste of time. User makes much wager during race time. So it gives positive effects on site profit as there is a house edge. 

I enjoy the races whether I am a spectator or participating.  I think I've once won a big amount in a mega race so the extra race prize and twitter prize winnings were an added win for me that day.  I've lost a bunch on other races though, but do enjoy them a lot.  Gambling should be fun no matter if you win or lose.  Believe me, I understand that winning is a hell of a lot more fun too :)  Good luck racers!

I'm not a HR player but I still manage to make it to the top 50's most of the time if not at least top 100. 

The trick is to wager as much as you can without busting your balance. 

Unfortunately this can't be always avoided and you can end up in a disaster, I usually just play casually while race is on not really caring for the position and whatever I end up earning from the race is just a little extra pocket money ;)

unless your  a high roller. no.. is that you have a bigger bankroll to start with.. who ever has a bigger bankroll or enough can be in the top 10 or even win.. race is not a race unless everyone are in the same lvl..no one is higher or lower. everyone starts at a certain amount and go on from there..is just a race for players to go against one another. we wanted a pvp game well the race it is.. 

Races a pretty much largely dependant on your bankroll size and at the same time your ability in managing the bankroll. If you are able to somehow manage a tiny bankroll well enough you might even get to place at races position where the prize size is decent. :)

I think race position depends on your bank roll if you have a good amount in your account then you get a good position easily .

I think if we play for position in race then we not get good results but if we play in race for fun and play our normal game then I think we got good results and increase our wegar

13 hours ago, Sped said:

Hello Stakers!

Races I think we can all admit are a fun and innovative idea that stake has implemented into itself. It allows a competitive edge to gambling, while also a bonus for wagering more in a short period of time. However, are the prizes for the amount you have to wager worth it for non HR?

Lets face it, 99% of us aren't going to be wagering 10 btc anytime soon in any of the races. So, does that mean that because of the miniscule amount we can wager, do races even have a point?

I understand if you are betting during a race but not trying to race, and just getting a reward if it comes to you, but I mean like legit trying to race and raise your wager. Is this worth it, or in the end will you almost always end up losing or wasting your time? What are your thoughts?

Well even if you aren't high roller, races increases your rank much and you might get to the next VIP level and enjoy more coupons and perks ;)

in mega race it is hard to profit but if u end up on place 40-50 i am pretty sure you will profit 
having in mind the race price the rakeback and the twitter coupon you ll get yeah you ll profit 
if you have a good way of wagering 
tho i think races aint as much to profit from them 
maybe play while they are there and you can end up winning just some extra cash :D 

I have never focused on the race, even so I will still bet during the race, but only to win the bet I made, not to win the race. because I think that even my name is included in the category of winners in the race, in essence it is not the main goal, even in my own mind there are no plans to be able to participate in the race, just a normal bet by hoping for victory and making a withdrawal

21 hours ago, Sped said:

Hello Stakers!

I'm not a big bet myself, I bet low values and that's why I don't even participate in the races because it's not worth it, of course if I played with a big banker I would try something.

Well I had the same thought many times. 

On 1 hand prizes are very low from 50th place to the last ones. So if you push with low balance and lose more bets than you win orizes won't cover the loss. 

But on the other hand if you play smartly with reasonable balance ( let's say 0.01 ) you can place not that bad. Not Saturday off but the other day particularly the morning race where less ppl are taking part it's possible to get a good rank. 

I say this but I never do it. But I've seen some friends placing up to 15 to 20th place with even lower balance than 0.01 btc... But finally the real good rewards are the first 10th one. And I'd say the first 5 ones. And you can't get it if you have a small balance. No chance. 

That's why imho making telegram challenge prize linked to VIP rank is a bad idea. Before everyone had the same prizes 10-100$.now If I was not VIP at all honestly I would even try to win challenge.. 3$  is really low. And as races favor the biggest player at least telegram challenge was rewarding everyone with the same chances and the same prizes. 

Just giving my thought bc being a gold VIP nothing as changed for me in definitive

Hey there sped.

I think if you aren't a high roller... you still do have a chance with the race. It all just depends on how much you start off with. I reckon a 50 dollar deposit should do the job with aiming for the top 35... On the normal races. For the mega race you have to have at least 150 dollar balance to get anywhere in my opinion.

Absolutely not. Even the prize isn't sometimes worth it. The higher the wager you make per bet, the painful the edge affects you in a sense that 1% of "something huge" that you try to bet (with, for example, 1.0102x at Max Bet) will still be huge compared to what and how you normally bet without the race. Race, as I can see it, are only being pursued by those who are thrill-seekers, ready to burn the coins for prestige and glory achieving the top spot and doesn't care for the prize at all (because for all we know, the higher their places, the more their losses would have already probably incurred to the point that the prize can no longer offset their busts).

I would love to say that they are worth it, but every time I try I fail to win a decent prize and I lose a lot of money. My last race: I lost 350k and won just 5k. This is ridiculous. Maybe I don't know how to wager :P

I usually start racing when I gather 100k sats (about 8-10 euro's). This is usually enough for me to get about 0.04-0.05 down without busting. This gives me a nice 70ish place which is enough for me. if you're looking for anything higher, don't start until you gather 4 or 5 times my amount before you start going crazy on the betting. :)

On 10/12/2019 at 10:14 PM, Sped said:

Hello Stakers!

In my opinion I think it is a very risky thing you can lose all the balance and not appear in any position ... this for people like me who do not have enough funds, but for those who do have a good balance because I think it would be even profitable since that is what it is a competition.

If you play for the race and lose a lot without getting a good position it is definitely a waste of time. I better play as usual, playing for profit, not for wager because of the race. I often lose if I only focus on Wager, so now I only focus on playing for profit