Stake Community
Jesse

Why we should fear a cashless world?

Featured Comment

The Future is cashless, Every person use mobile phone, 

Cashless is coming, and it’s best to induce prepared. simply follow Sweden’s lead, wherever money was solely used a pair of of the time in 2015, and represent simply zero.5% of the price of all transactions within the country by 2020.

so inspiring and so interesting thread that we really need to put first into our daily priorities.. as far as i have known, many people now rely on different aspects of their lives like for example, people wanted to have a financial freedom of themselves. they wanted to be free like they wants to own their times, because as what i have heard, "Time is now the Currency" do you believe in this? well for me basically this is not gonna work out, coz the sense is we are already live in the world that is full of distributors, wealth, finance and especially most powerful people when it comes to Money.

And generally speaking, do you think our governments may declaire cashless operations? Do you think banks, big business hotels, resorts, and etc. may agree with this kind of thing? I think No, because if they do, most of them will get into bankruptcy....

Everyone will be ready for that cashless future if cryptocurrency will be discuss in school. If everyone has its own crypto wallet. And if government will allow it. It is very impossible for now for a third world country like Philippines to make that happen. Not all people in Philippines own cellphone or even in the whole world. The very best thing to consider is that not all people have an idea about cryptoworld. I will just say it will happen in the future, but I think it will be a long way and very difficult transition. It will be in 30th Century.

Edited by Han2x

Yeah, I have a hint also that this will really happen so soon since the world is getting civilized the way we lived so this physical cash will be stopped. People are slowly hating the way banks operate today and digital currency slowly takes over the money transactions in the world so its not impossible to be a cashless society next time.

It depends on what cashless world means. It might be cashless as physical money won't be a thing anymore, but credit cards/cryptocurrencies/online money will take advantage and will be used instead of the old cash. It isn't such a big fear, as it is faster and easier to carry. Maybe because it's easier to get scammed and hacked, but that's it... we would be more dependent on banks as they must provide back your money... but if by cashless you mean without any type of coin, then it isn't possible to happen. People need something with value in order to get what they want. We will get back to old times when people used instead of coins services/objects to exchange them for other services/objects. And when those won't be what the seller wants, then they will get mad and will need to exchange those services/objects for the ones the seller wants in order to get the desired thing. It isn't possible, as we would go 100 steps back.

Yes, the non-cash world is getting bigger. I even notice on my own that I pay for everything by cashless settlement, including communal services, products and everything else. Yes it is certainly convenient. But I for some reason trust the cash more. It's safer when you hold them in your hands.:D

Yes, I think it could further marginalize, but world's heading that way one way or another.

1 hour ago, SuddenlyBroke said:

Would be awesome is if in the future we could get to a situation where there is no currency at all, only an exchange of work, people working based on their talents and everyone doing that and no money changing hands.

Moneyless societies do exist right now, but it's limited to small communities. As well as in the past, when most people didn't use currency and relied on bartering to get what they may have lacked.

Nowadays, these currencies we have have made society pursue monetary gain, which often isn't aligned with building anything productive at all; but, they help make trade more convenient by functioning as a faith token of value.

I'd agree that's not realistic right now, and we should still have money in one form or another in the foreseeable future. So long we are in a scarcity economy.

1 hour ago, SuddenlyBroke said:

Maybe some kind of ledger that tracks the hours you have worked, and you can use that to exchange for any other person that is working to work for you. 

Maybe with a centralized system arbitrated by a "benevolent dictator" Artifical Intelligence. A script for a sci-fi movie, perhaps. 

Edited by testB

The future of the cashless world is already written. I mean, look at your surrounding. You can buy everything, from a needle to a big property. And in my guess, future will be more lucrative for buyers and sellers while using cashless.. And it'll also be hassle-free.

So, I don't think so, we have to fear about a cashless world..

tbh, tbh and again tbh, no

cashless might be the biggest problem of our future society. as i was saying before, maybe at the begging of bitcoin since a half a year ago, i was a believer. i belived that bitcoin may change the world, but after a few bad experiences with bitcoin and cashless debit cards i have decide that this is useless and there is no use of not having cash

i don't know if you will get my point as i am not the best writer in the world to express my ideas.

i am in the bitcoin network for 7 yearrs  and i sold all my bitcoins at 3k$. Maybe it is a loss, but i don't see it this way. People should never believe what is on the network or what they can not see in their face as cash or gold. You'll never know what may happen and you might easily lose everything your having.

So again i am saying, go go for cash, the world should be afraid of network money, meanwhile i am still here writing my non-senses ideas....