Do you check the probability of winning before playing?

Featured Comment

The mathematics of gambling are a collection of probability applications encountered in games of chance and can be included in game theory (Wikipedia).

So our gambling depends on  probability. We calculate the odds sometime but it's not the exact result. Cause we get unexpected, early win and unnatural much reds too. Before playing on any payout and game do you calculate the odds? Probability means the odd isn't fully right all of the time. You will see much or less win/loss then you will check on odd.

• 1 month later...

It helps since Stake has added the odds for games like Plinko & Keno, which I frequently refer to. I have since realised that it does match my personal opinions/gut-feeling on which settings are more suitable for different balances.

By that I mean. some settings which I found good before I knew of the odds - turned out to be sufficiently high-variance, but not at an un-acceptable probability to hit. 😃

• 3 weeks later...

Yes i have been using such calculations before applying a strategy.

With the help of ChatBot i gather information regarding my odds for a particular strategy and https://dicesites.com/tools as well.

You can always check which strategies are best for you on a particular base bet amount using both informations.

And yes my red streaks are always constant according with ChatBot ;) 

Else i just reset my seed.

15 minutes ago, DreamStage said:

Yes i have been using such calculations before applying a strategy.

With the help of ChatBot i gather information regarding my odds for a particular strategy and https://dicesites.com/tools as well.

You can always check which strategies are best for you on a particular base bet amount using both informations.

And yes my red streaks are always constant according with ChatBot ;) 

Else i just reset my seed.

Thank you for that tool. As for me,I haven't really tried to calculate when betting. I rarely used autobets that's why. 

But this tool will be useful when I want to explore autobetting.

• 1 month later...

It is correct. But it is not encouraging if you see that you bet 100 usd or more knowing that you only have a 0.001 chance of winning.
I have a habit of looking at these things, but I'm not just stuck with math.

Luck is also a big definer in games. After all, it is a game of luck and lack of it and not purely mathematical.

when I got free time I directly open stake in my laptop. Can't think of any probability tester of calculator haha I'll just depend mostly on my luck I guess. But it would be great if there are actually probability tester in all games at stake that works closely to reality. 

Players with enough experience will instinctively know what the odds are for certain events to occur and don't need to check calculators except for very unusual events, like the 31 reds under 2x  that one player experienced recently.

The nonce (total number of events) is also a factor when considering the probability of an event occuring.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is correct. But it is not encouraging if you see that you bet 100 Usd or more knowing that you only have a 0.001 chance of winning.
I have a habit of looking at these things, but I'm not just stuck with math. Luck is also a big definer in games. After all, it is a game of luck and lack of it and not purely mathematical.

• 3 weeks later...