Jump to content
Stake Forum
maverick528

Reducing chat spam

Featured Comment

Sometimes users generate spam in chat box, information that is of no interest to the rest of the users.

And maybe this is the result of many users ignoring that they can do it in private.

For example, you can do:

  • /pm chatbot !seen maverick528
    to get privately in your Inbox the result of the "seen" command.

You can also use this to know the number of unconfirmed transactions, the current bitcoin price, etc......

  • /pm chatbot !help
    sends you a list of all the available commands.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, maverick528 said:

Sometimes users generate spam in chat box, information that is of no interest to the rest of the users.

And maybe this is the result of many users ignoring that they can do it in private.

For example, you can do :

/PM chatbot !seen maverick528

to get privately in your Inbox the result of the "seen" command.

You can also use this to know the number of unconfirmed transactions, the current bitcoin price, etc......

/PM chatbot !help

sends you a list of the available commands.

 

seems hard for devs. its good idea to avoid spammers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dreramon said:

Not working for me...Im getting this when i try to do it "No available commands". I typed in the command the same way you explained to.

Sorry, I already edited my post, if you type PM in capital letters it does not work..... Now it is OK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, maverick528 said:

Sometimes users generate spam in chat box, information that is of no interest to the rest of the users.

And maybe this is the result of many users ignoring that they can do it in private.

For example, you can do:

  • /pm chatbot !seen maverick528
    to get privately in your Inbox the result of the "seen" command.

You can also use this to know the number of unconfirmed transactions, the current bitcoin price, etc......

  • /pm chatbot !help
    sends you a list of all the available commands.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

14 hours ago, dreramon said:

I had no idea that was possible. So does it apply to all commands or just a selected few? 

 

Aha thanks! i did not know about this either until now                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
Thanks for the info, will for sure try it like that, btw some sites mute for people spamming like that (after warning them not to of course)
                                                                                                                            
something to consider hehe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

again.... great idea,                                                                                                                                                                                                             
But with the thought/idea/maybe even rule not being enforced....
                                                                                                                                                
its never gonna happen                                                                                                                           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 9:17 PM, maverick528 said:

all the "!" commands, if you send "!help" you can have the complete list in your Inbox.....

 

lol im wondering why you didnt just edit your post instead of making a new extra one. Im also wondering why the system didnt just auto add it to the original topic but anyways

I dont think this is all necessarily spam, Just because one thing is irrelevant to you Maverick does not mean it is to everyone else. There are many people who im sure are interested or wondering the same thing one person is wondering. So when someone asks the price from chatbot then its not just one person who is benefiting or making use of the information. 

You seem to consider anything you see a lot of as spam these days but think on the usefulness rather than the frequency of the data provided. Now if the same thing is asked for more then once then i would consider that excessive and therefore spam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueprints said:

lol im wondering why you didnt just edit your post instead of making a new extra one. Im also wondering why the system didnt just auto add it to the original topic but anyways

I dont think this is all necessarily spam, Just because one thing is irrelevant to you Maverick does not mean it is to everyone else. There are many people who im sure are interested or wondering the same thing one person is wondering. So when someone asks the price from chatbot then its not just one person who is benefiting or making use of the information. 

You seem to consider anything you see a lot of as spam these days but think on the usefulness rather than the frequency of the data provided. Now if the same thing is asked for more then once then i would consider that excessive and therefore spam. 

You are wondering a lot of things it seems. There is a hidden message between my two posts, it was a question by a user that is now banned, so you can not see it. But I can.

And my 2nd post was a reply to that question.

As to why the system does not join automatically 2 posts by the same person, there is a time period when this is done, and if more than this time has gone by when the person makes another post (following another post made by himself), they are kept separate. Maybe you did not know this, so Im happy that you are learning a lot today.

What is spam and what is not is sometimes subjective, I would say that if something is only interesting for the person that posted the command, then it is spam for all the rest of the users.

Its like if I do !seen sexyAF it is probably not interesting for a lot of people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maverick528 said:

You are wondering a lot of things it seems. There is a hidden message between my two posts, it was a question by a user that is now banned, so you can not see it. But I can.

And my 2nd post was a reply to that question.

As to why the system does not join automatically 2 posts by the same person, there is a time period when this is done, and if more than this time has gone by when the person makes another post (following another post made by himself), they are kept separate. Maybe you did not know this, so Im happy that you are learning a lot today.

What is spam and what is not is sometimes subjective, I would say that if something is only interesting for the person that posted the command, then it is spam for all the rest of the users.

Its like if I do !seen sexyAF it is probably not interesting for a lot of people.

 

"There is a hidden message between my two posts,"
Uhm i never said i thought there was you just assumed that. I stated two simple harmless things i was confused about and It be nice if you could help clarify without being so defensive and without making so many assumptions and without being so sarcastic and condescending, "Maybe you did not know this, so Im happy that you are learning a lot today."

Edited by blueprints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×