seanwattson

New Users Beware

Featured Comment

Hello stakers! I just wanted to drop a topic on the noobs and tell them something I learned early on.

Newbies! I hope your journey on Stake is fun like mine has been. We are a group if people who have learned a lot about the site and each other. Everything here is provably fair and support is freaking phenomenal. Now after saying that, not all days have been sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. 

You will notice that there are certain members who know everyone and you will start recognizing some names. Be careful, if there is a symbol in front of their name there is a reason for it. Don't know what?! Then ask!. I found myself in chat with what I though was a moderator for chat. You will notice a blue M in front of their name. Well, I was speaking to somebody with a red M (muted). This person leads me off the site to a well known chat app. Well this person told me I could get VIP benefits if I sent them some coins. It wasn't that much and I had it already so I thought I would give it a whirl. 

Needless to say, I never saw that person again. Hell, they could be in the chatroom under a different name and I would never know. No one in stake (mid, support, devs) will ever ask you for money, so don't do it. Be nice, make it rain from time to time, especially when winning, say hello to support before griping to them about your woes. You will enjoy your stay here I promise!

well seems like he rocked you good and took some coins for free... only send coins to omeone you know very well and if you want to help someone..

I made a lot of friends on stake and we trust each other here... We share our balance in times of need ...

Never ever give anything to a random stranger

Hi there is a bad person who usurps the nickname of some player with a letter or more like it and claims pieces that should be referred to the support for scam and beg intempesstif in my opinion

well nice advise for newbies, they really need this kind a experience to learn, and i hope it will help them to understand how to behave in chatroom and how to recognize legit people and scam people, thanks for your post.

This think already happen with me and don't know how but that person hack my current account.
(i always keep funds on website but luckily no coins in account that time)
but he use my account to trap other people and my account get muted permanently that time.

Luckily i recover my account by resetting password and un-muted by conveying to support after 2-3 months. 
now i have secured my account with 2 factor.
hope it won't happen again with me.

for me when I was just starting back to be active at stake and I felt I was a new member again and I was more happy to ask my old friends or if there were no friends, I would rather ask the moderator directly and it was very helpful.

Scammers around the corner.  Here and every other sites in cryptoecosytem.  That "DYOR" concept is a valuable one and you always make sure you practice it.  And what @seanwattson just said about ask is really true, ask everything at any moment before you compromise your money.  Gambling means risk but you don´t need to increase it by letting others to handle your "luck" or your wallet.  Good luck. 

good advice for beginners here, indeed here we must be careful. in this online world, we only know the name but don't recognize the face, even though we know the face, maybe they are far from our country, so don't trust anyone here, it's better to focus on playing and focus on making a profit

I'm sorry this has happened to you, Sean, and thank you for sharing your experience with the community. 

This is a good reminder to never trust that kind of offers and also to always check who you're talking to. Mods always have blue M next to their name and they and anyone from the staff will NEVER ask you to take the conversation off the site and will NEVER ask you for funds. 

You can also always check someone's tag by moving the cursor over the tag - it will show what it stands for in order to avoid any confusion, if there's any. 

Since they offered you some VIP deals, I will also remind you that VIP benefits are given only by the staff, namely VIP managers, that contact you via Live Support. 

Also, please, do report to us the username in question so that we can respond with the necessary action regarding this. 

Cheers! 

most sites that has the same format for chat.. have Mod or M by their name.. and some with S are the live supports.. there are no trickery around or what not. why should players be aware of their present.. some people get along with them some people dont.. i can say i dont get along or even give a rat ass for a couple mods.. but they are players but authority.. it doesnt affect my gambling or my money if it did then it wont be known.. there some stuff i dont agree with mods.. but they just doing their jobs.. 

I really like your story but it kind of seems fake the reason is if you are talking to a muted player then that's like talking with a dumb person because muted players can't chat. Then how did you even talk with them when they were muted.

Well what I have noticed that if I have made some rains some dudes going to add me to friendlist.And first question they ask "Do you have telegram?".What is it with telegram?But others gl and dont ever give any money to strangers,better make some rains or withdraw.

I would also be careful on discord chat. A few days ago there was someone trying to scam people pretending to be a moderator. He wanted people to send him money and claiming he will be giving back 25% more as stake deposit. Fortunately he was quickly banned.

A guy tried to scam me the other day, but he chose the wrong guy to scam. This was his 4th attempt trying to scam me.

So I had enough of this.

5 mins later he lost his entire br 1.6btc

Money he more than likely scammed from others.

Dun fuck with me scammers, no do fuck with me. muahahaha

Hello,

Yes yes I have already noticed several times that some fun has recreated accounts but it is banned soon after, I think something, stake can not ban an ip address or so permanently ban a player ? The problem is quickly set as his, thanks for the information in passing my friends.

Good luck to all on stake!

I believe here has no friends. some people look familiar in chat rooms and sometimes say hello to each other but not to me. I know because I'm nobody. when I often won big I often did rain. and now I believe it's not very useful. I better keep my winnings for myself because when the battery is lost, no one will care about me. and the number of beggars when we are on the highroller? I no longer care about friend requests. 🤣🤣🤣