Grifter

About Airdrops

Featured Comment

Thanks for bringing the subject @Grifter

I wanna start by warning people about Airdrops since more and more are used in scammy ways to take advantage of your personnal informations (mail, crypto address, ...). Like we can see here  : https://forum.stake.com/topic/2927-erc20-tokens/

It's free that's true, but being stole for that it's not worth it.

I started Airdrops recently (3-4 weeks maybe) so for now those where I registered are still not officially on any exchange or else, I have some tokens on their websites but that's all, I didn't cash out anything. Some are close to the end of the ICO so it's probably a matter of weeks for some of them.

2 minutes ago, Kargai said:

Thanks for bringing the subject @Grifter

I wanna start by warning people about Airdrops since more and more are used in scammy ways to take advantage of your personnal informations (mail, crypto address, ...). Like we can see here  : https://forum.stake.com/topic/2927-erc20-tokens/

It's free that's true, but being stole for that it's not worth it.

I started Airdrops recently (3-4 weeks maybe) so for now those where I registered are still not officially on any exchange or else, I have some tokens on their websites but that's all, I didn't cash out anything. Some are close to the end of the ICO so it's probably a matter of weeks for some of them.

so scary though, even if its free... well like i said before, i dont take a risk on airdrops... thanks @Kargai for enlightening us your words...

1 hour ago, Snike said:

Could someone explain what airdrops are. Like just a simple short explanation :P The noob here doesnt know what it is

Before a coin is launched officially you have the ICO where you can invest with a better price than the normal price of the coin.

Airdrop are one step earlier than the ICO (airdrop -> ICO - > launch). It's usually based on a simple idea or with minimal data. Just a website and few explanations. Even if some airdrops now have a light whitepaper, a decent roadmap, an almost functional product, etc ... but it's not the norm yet. It's like a pre-beta, the ICO is the beta and the launch is the final work.

The big advantage of an airdrop is that they give tokens for free, no need to deposit some money like in an ICO. But the inconvenient is : more risk that the coin will never exist or end by being useless. Nothing to loose since they ask only some basic stuff like email, crypto adress, social media accounts, ... except that since some times more and more turn to be scammy and just stole your name/mail/etc trying to hack you. It's easy to do since a lot of airdrops work on the ERC20 token and that people tend to use the same address, the same password & co on each of the airdrop they register.

3 hours ago, Kargai said:

Before a coin is launched officially you have the ICO where you can invest with a better price than the normal price of the coin.

Airdrop are one step earlier than the ICO (airdrop -> ICO - > launch). It's usually based on a simple idea or with minimal data. Just a website and few explanations. Even if some airdrops now have a light whitepaper, a decent roadmap, an almost functional product, etc ... but it's not the norm yet. It's like a pre-beta, the ICO is the beta and the launch is the final work.

The big advantage of an airdrop is that they give tokens for free, no need to deposit some money like in an ICO. But the inconvenient is : more risk that the coin will never exist or end by being useless. Nothing to loose since they ask only some basic stuff like email, crypto adress, social media accounts, ... except that since some times more and more turn to be scammy and just stole your name/mail/etc trying to hack you. It's easy to do since a lot of airdrops work on the ERC20 token and that people tend to use the same address, the same password & co on each of the airdrop they register.

exactly, they got so much resources just to get some of our infos base on logging in, in their pages.... and many more tricks, so thats why you guys need to watch closely what you've trying to enter, coz its very dangerous now. Safety first your accounts also.

On 6.12.2017 at 11:38 PM, Kargai said:

Thaaaanks big beaaaaar! Appreciate it :)