psycked

I need some advice

Featured Comment

Hello everybody,

this topic is made in order to get some help... I'm a French guy, and I'm skinny (~6feet for ~120lbs). I don't practice any sports, but I'd like to get started.

I've already tried to do a bit of sport (starting with push-ups, abs and other stuff), the problem is I don't find enough motivation to keep practicing, does anyone have some advice to help me keep motivated ?

Remember that there are no rules that require you to go to the gym or buy exercise equipment in order to exercise. You will be more motivated to exercise regularly if you do it with other people, for example your spouse or best friend. Practice together every day or according to an agreed schedule. Also make your sports partner a motivator who will remind each other if someone is lazy

On 12/9/2019 at 4:46 PM, sheenazbay said:

Remember that there are no rules that require you to go to the gym or buy exercise equipment in order to exercise. You will be more motivated to exercise regularly if you do it with other people, for example your spouse or best friend. Practice together every day or according to an agreed schedule. Also make your sports partner a motivator who will remind each other if someone is lazy

Yes, you're right, I will try to find someone to practice with ! Thank you for you're adveice ! ;) 

you can try the one punch man challange.. for the motivation just video record your everyday work. and watch  your progress of fitness. this will be your motivation for workout.

1 hour ago, psycked said:

Yes, you're right, I will try to find someone to practice with ! Thank you for you're adveice ! ;) 

you are welcome. I hope you always enthusiasm for exercise

On 12/5/2019 at 7:38 AM, psycked said:

Hello everybody,

this topic is made in order to get some help... I'm a French guy, and I'm skinny (~6feet for ~120lbs). I don't practice any sports, but I'd like to get started.

I've already tried to do a bit of sport (starting with push-ups, abs and other stuff), the problem is I don't find enough motivation to keep practicing, does anyone have some advice to help me keep motivated ?

What is at the root of your current motivation to get started?

18 hours ago, Seoulmate said:

What is at the root of your current motivation to get started?

Well, first I'd like to have a normal shape, because I don't really think I'm in a good shape today, so that would be cool for me to get healthier :) 

21 hours ago, mhasandx said:

you can try the one punch man challange.. for the motivation just video record your everyday work. and watch  your progress of fitness. this will be your motivation for workout.

Hmm... Why not, but a few years ago, I heard someone get hurt during this challenge and that it wasn't really good to do this challenge, I'll try to learn more about this challenge ;) 

19 hours ago, Vladv26 said:

I know you probably heard this advice a lot but the whole secret is just to get started. Just start doing something(in your case a sport or go to the gym). I know at the beginning it will be very hard to accommodate but that's exactly why not everyone does it. But after you go a couple of times, most likely a couple of weeks you will get used to it and you will also start enjoying it. It will become a pleasure instead of a nightmare 

I've already been to the gym many months ago, but the problem is I get discouraged and lazy, and I just stop going there, even I know I enjoy being there while I'm at the gym !

Edited by psycked

When it comes to Sports, you will find the most fun when you play a sports that really gives you pleasure and excitement during playing the sports itself. So explore all kinds of sports to see which one fits you the best.

Well, first I'd like to have a normal shape, because I don't really think I'm in a good shape today, so that would be cool for me to get healthier :) 

What for you is a normal shape and where do you think this 'normal' ideal came from?

We can all be fitter and healthier I guess, that's true.
How does it make you feel when you think about this issue?

The reason I ask this is that I know guys who have great bodies, but they are never happy, they are always focused on some detail that they feel isn't perfect. They are caught in an endless cycle of chasing an ideal internalised image which they have gotten from advertising or social media. Always comparing themselves to someone else and always feeling bad about their body image.

This may not be your situation, but you'd be surprised by the kinds of people who have a poor self body image. Guys and girls who look super fit, spend all their time in the gym but still aren't happy. Others may not see you in the same way that you see yourself, and anyway who gives a fuck what other people think.

How many arms and legs do you have? I'll assume you have a head. If you do have the usual amount of arms and legs, hands and feet, well you doing pretty good as far as Im concerned. If its all about being more healthy then Id say go for it. But have a think about whats motivating you, is it really health or is it trying to live up to some impossible ideal created by advertising executives and photoshop jockeys.

Try this quick test it tells you what olympic sports match your physique

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/olympics/olympic-body-types/

image.thumb.png.25dd1a99becbdab61051fdc9dd08fb1a.png

Edited by Seoulmate

I would suggest to take the swimming pool.  Most complete activity in order to "fit" your body at the very first beginning.  Swimming will create for you "angel" body which is volume with no mass, then you go and look for the mass.  Also boxing is good go create strong bones, cardio and mass.  Wants some motivation?  Take a mirror every single day.  Good luck and keep it strong. 

just try to eat healthy food, like vegetables, fish and juices and then go for a walk everyday in early morning, for 4 to 5 miles, and thats it you dont have to do anything else.

Right, the correct word is "motivation".   That word is the only one that, when you find the answer, success is guaranteed. I am typing this at Quarantine lockdown season, all the world is about to get fat and in order to find motivation, hard to find indeed.