Stake Forum
Grifter

Signed Message For Verification [very important]

Featured Comment

I know some of you didn't know how to do a signed message using your bitcoin wallets.

How to sign a message:

you can see right here, the original post from shorena on bitcointalk.org.

there you can find some usefull wallets for you to sign a message and to get verified.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

The Format should be like this:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
i am ________, today is ??/??/????
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
The bitcoin address your signing here
Your signature here
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Example: 

This is grifter1870 from bitcointalk.org and today is 2017.12.06

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
H97gZfLE1Yf1xiBN665dqJhwzFgq/k5hIq2+6Z+vuOM2IUDduFU8JtZHtLjkBt6ehwGqXeUddP95WMoK9h4bceY=

i already got verified and posted it here already:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.new#new

Note:

You need to verify your message first just to double check it before you post it on forum that i stated above.

You can use this verifier here: http://coinig.com/

1 hour ago, Grifter said:

I know some of you didn't know how to do a signed message using your bitcoin wallets.

How to sign a message:

you can see right here, the original post from shorena on bitcointalk.org.

there you can find some usefull wallets for you to sign a message and to get verified.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

The Format should be like this:

Example: 

This is grifter1870 from bitcointalk.org and today is 2017.12.06

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
H97gZfLE1Yf1xiBN665dqJhwzFgq/k5hIq2+6Z+vuOM2IUDduFU8JtZHtLjkBt6ehwGqXeUddP95WMoK9h4bceY=

i already got verified and posted it here already:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.new#new

Note:

You need to verify your message first just to double check it before you post it on forum that i stated above.

You can use this verifier here: http://coinig.com/

Thanks @Grifter! I wish someone would have showed me how to do this 4 years ago xD it took me so long to get it right 

2 minutes ago, Grifter said:

just follow the tutorials there stated on bitcointalk.org thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

I know how to now, 4 years ago no one really signed messages and it wasn't as easy. If I recall correctly. I didn't sign a message tell 2015

Edited by HappyBitcoin

Just now, wilberthh said:

Wow I never know this.. What's the point of this by the way guys? stake our bitcoin address?

It's for verifying messages. That this is Happybitcoin. (signed messaged) they can take the sign message and input into a verifier. If it comes up false they know I've been hacked and not me.. Etc 

11 minutes ago, HappyBitcoin said:

It's for verifying messages. That this is Happybitcoin. (signed messaged) they can take the sign message and input into a verifier. If it comes up false they know I've been hacked and not me.. Etc 

exactly, and for additional purposes is by getting your own private key, so that if those hackers so eager to hack your account, they might be needed your private key as well. So safety first first, be wise and have presents of mind always....

21 minutes ago, HappyBitcoin said:

I think I'll have to do this too. Thank you so much grifter for this :)

5 minutes ago, Grifter said:

exactly, and for additional purposes is by getting your own private key, so that if those hackers so eager to hack your account, they might be needed your private key as well. So safety first first, be wise and have presents of mind always....

I've been into bitcoin for so long but yet I don't know what is this private key for and I don't even get it, how to hack our wallet balance with private key only? :/ Anyways, thanks once again Griff!

22 minutes ago, wilberthh said:

I think I'll have to do this too. Thank you so much grifter for this :)

I've been into bitcoin for so long but yet I don't know what is this private key for and I don't even get it, how to hack our wallet balance with private key only? :/ Anyways, thanks once again Griff!

remember we don't own any website bitcoin wallets there like qoinpro, poloniex, localbitcoins,coins.ph or what so ever, thats why we really need to have this because it is very important to us in our side that we need to take care all our bitcoins if you get what im saying, and by the way, blockchain.info/wallet maybe we cannot sign a message there, i tried it, but i dont know on your side, its for you to find it out, actually i used electrum wallet before coins.ph, but i still can access it there because of my private key, base on my experienced its very convenient wallet for me also... 

8 minutes ago, Kargai said:

I'm not using any online wallet, only local wallet on a external hard drive. But still I have put a private key to access the wallet, just in case.

thats what im talking about @Kargai , uhm what kind of wallet did you used?

1 minute ago, Grifter said:

thats what im talking about @Kargai , uhm what kind of wallet did you used?

Only the official core wallets for every crypto i wanna hold long term : Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash & Ethereum. And i'll add Bitcoin Cash wallet in the next few months.

I also have the Dogecoin core wallet because i have thousands of them but i will sell them at one point or another in 2018 probably.

Same with Burstcoin, i stake them for now but if i don't see the price rising next year i will dump them too.

Thank you for sharing this info with us and the community,                                                                                                                                                                        

It also took me a long time to understand this on my own, I hope this helps some of the newcomers and old alike!                                                

40 minutes ago, wilberthh said:

Hey, kinda confused, what to fill on the 'signature' section? I don't get it. Thanks for your help!

doesnt matter what you fill on signature section just write anything and click sign after that you will get some hashed entry so thats your signature which prove that wallet is yours

to others to see it you have to say

look i signed this with my wallet 

18keU9BL7t9qYamn1A8d4K5W4NKaJxm7Rh

this is my signature today 20 january

blablaablabla=(thats your encrypted result of "this is my signature today 20 january")

so others will verify if your encrypted msg will be ok with your wallet adress

27 minutes ago, hamur said:

doesnt matter what you fill on signature section just write anything and click sign after that you will get some hashed entry so thats your signature which prove that wallet is yours

to others to see it you have to say

look i signed this with my wallet 

18keU9BL7t9qYamn1A8d4K5W4NKaJxm7Rh

this is my signature today 20 january

blablaablabla=(thats your encrypted result of "this is my signature today 20 january")

so others will verify if your encrypted msg will be ok with your wallet adress

Example : 

IP4OHlczghH+dnoxNpycvIse1eZD2BH+56mh2U9oYnA1G5jjRXH2zDnY5oHZ7c6Mnut0Wz4L8oiNjJVjkb6kTLM=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

Where can I get those words? I tried coinig but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks btw!

47 minutes ago, wilberthh said:

Example : 

IP4OHlczghH+dnoxNpycvIse1eZD2BH+56mh2U9oYnA1G5jjRXH2zDnY5oHZ7c6Mnut0Wz4L8oiNjJVjkb6kTLM=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

Where can I get those words? I tried coinig but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks btw!

IP4OHlczghH+dnoxNpycvIse1eZD2BH+56mh2U9oYnA1G5jjRXH2zDnY5oHZ7c6Mnut0Wz4L8oiNjJVjkb6kTLM= that was your result

you need to give which adress you used for this

and you need to give what was your message

so we can verify if those results match or not

if match we will be sure you are owner of that wallet

i am gonna give you full example wait a minute

1Gm211MUJgQVca1Q9ZWDKRhxWYHqTAyMGC

hi thats my wallet today 21/01/2018

HwjVHLU0gTHfxdvoglgf1/NofE7bvMcHeHXVCXCQPWosEI21jU+WcBkTBP+vnAbQ2ovXpwkEgNT4g9FitHHLwgA=

first one my adress

second one my message

third one my siganature

when you try to verify this just put them and see if they match or not 

if they match i am realy owner of this wallet if not i am not

verify.jpg

On 1/21/2018 at 3:24 AM, hamur said:

IP4OHlczghH+dnoxNpycvIse1eZD2BH+56mh2U9oYnA1G5jjRXH2zDnY5oHZ7c6Mnut0Wz4L8oiNjJVjkb6kTLM= that was your result

you need to give which adress you used for this

and you need to give what was your message

so we can verify if those results match or not

if match we will be sure you are owner of that wallet

i am gonna give you full example wait a minute

1Gm211MUJgQVca1Q9ZWDKRhxWYHqTAyMGC

hi thats my wallet today 21/01/2018

HwjVHLU0gTHfxdvoglgf1/NofE7bvMcHeHXVCXCQPWosEI21jU+WcBkTBP+vnAbQ2ovXpwkEgNT4g9FitHHLwgA=

first one my adress

second one my message

third one my siganature

when you try to verify this just put them and see if they match or not 

if they match i am realy owner of this wallet if not i am not

verify.jpg

Hey, how did you get that codes on the signature section? I tried to 'write anything', but it says : "incorrect padding". How to fix this? Thanks by the way and sorry for bothering you!

1 minute ago, hamur said:

signature section produced when you write message and click sign with your wallet

to make things clear 

signature=encryption of your message with your wallet adress's private key

Oh hey thanks for the quick reply!

This is my last question, I fill up the address and the message section while leaving the signature empty. Then when I submitted it, then that's it. I got no "verified' message :(