Sign in to follow this  
Paigeturner

Your thoughts on the power of MUTE?

Featured Comment

I have noticed lately that the mods have been using the power to mute a little excessively. So many loyal players of the stake community have been getting muted for ridiculous reasons. I know there has to be a system in place to combat spam, begging and disrespect... but if it doesn't fall under these categories what's the big deal? 

I hear so many people complaining at other sites about stake chat and being muted for the silliest reasons.  Some People are afraid to even chat at stake anymore because of how sensitive and petty some mods have become and how quickly they are are being muted when it's really not necessary....

Why does stake feel so strongly about censoring its players? This is an online gambling chat room for crying out loud.  We are all adults, if we aren't spamming or being disrespectful what the hell is the problem? 

Anyways,  a few good friends have been muted recently for nothing more then being silly or stating thier frustrations... loyal,  depositing vip members! 

Sadly this has made being in chat not so desirable lately. 

Edited by Paigeturner | Typo

I was muted some time ago. I don't feel really comfortable at first but I realised somethimg is that I had to stop expecting anymore rain.

Initially it was tough, I felt the world had left me alone. But this also helped me in a great way 

I'll leave it to the rest of you to go to find out.  All has their journey, just don't give up.

All the best my stake friends.

Whalp! That is a good questioning! 

This is my understanding. Moderators are always favored by steak staff so their word or decisions will always be supported by steak. I have NEVER heard of moderators being penalized for making irrational and absurd mutes. Or for being bias and unfair treatment towards a specific group of players. 

What i dont understand though, and this is something new that i started seeing towards end of this year, is how they expect more from loyal depositing players then they do from newbies. With new players oh their very lenient and give them the benefit of the doubt or very small one hour mutes but with old players they expect them to not even as so much as think about breaking the rules all because they know better. 

You would think that it be the other way around lol. Expecting and being harsher with newbies then with old players. Its just what some mods use to justify their unfair mutes with old players they do not like. its so obvious when their muting because they feel like it or out of spite rather then because they honestly care about being moderators. 

So my advice to anyone struggling with abusive mods is to make a new account. i can make a topic on how to do this for these people. pm me or get my attention to this specific post and i can tell you how to make a new account that doesnt link to any of your other mains. because if your being judged then you wont ever stop being judged by the mods here and you will always run into conflict with them. but you shouldnt put up with it. make a new account and start over with your chatting not only would it be fun but also give them more of a reason to be fair-er with their mutes. all they do with unfair mutes is create negative unpleaseant feelings. and makes stake look bad. i mean i never returned to bitsler because of their mods. lol. if im playing at a site then im depositing alot over the years. i stayed at primedice because i loved the chatroom everyone was nice to me. you would think they would keep these things in mind. 

That's really bad
But i m using stake from last 1 and 1/2  year but still never get muted on any such reason.

only 1 occasion i get muted but i accept it because someone hack my account and make anonymous chat (try to trap other users) lead to get muted (Permanently).
but after conveying support i able to get back my account unmuted.

If mod using their power to mute people with wrong intention we need to take action against such Moderator.

I don't know what the problem is, but when I'm in the chat room and I often say hello hello or swear at them when I lose because maybe there are already many cursings that I take out in each of my chats I suddenly hit by mute by Modbot and it's shocking, but for other moderators they still lose good and does not change arbitrarily giving mute

The mods never mute someone if it isn’t deserved. Players that come on to the site to passive beg, scam, being offensive and doing any other malicious activity will be charged for their actions. If the mods were to mute incorrectly, then the muted person can easily talk to the support staff about it and they can further conclude their fate.

I have only have seen people muted with sufficient evidence to show that they should have been muted :) 

I dont think mods really abusing their position, and from what you just said I think the person wouldnt be muted if he/she didnt do bad things against the rules, thats the reason as well for the old players they should know what are the rules to prevent getting mute :)

thats the power and we cant do anything about that :)

but yes you are right mods are very very strict sometimes, like in bmg's case that was a bit too over time period also she wasnt talking that much worse, but anyway i have seen worst in chat sometimes, and people gets away even being noticed, and sometimes mods ban any person for a very tiny reason.

Honestly I don't have any problem with the mute function it prevents people from acting out of line and cluttering up / making the chat  bad, even when I get muted I don't get frustrated because I can acknowledge the fault in my actions l

I still think that I would be a great thing if with every mute the reason for muting is clearly stated in public when the mute is being enforced. Also another thing would be better if the red color M sign which signify being muted is brought back.

Mute is a common thing, I think it’s very difficult to find a middle ground here. Too tight rules are bad, too much freedom is a problem in the chat. This causes major problems

I think while rules should be followed and there's technically nothing wrong to mute someone who "broke a rule", it's important for moderators themselves to actually look at the context of the conversation before deciding to mute because sometimes just because certain things that are "not allowed" were said don't mean they were definitely being meant in that way. Also I think giving a warning first and only muting repeated offences will make things better; sometimes people are new to the chat and even if they aren't, sometimes people forget and make mistakes. I've seen someone making a mistake by mentioning another site (he was having a conversation with another person and was accidental) and saying sorry right after in his next message yet got muted for over 20 hours. Can't judge if that decision was right or wrong but I definitely felt it was too harsh.

Additionally because mutes are given manually by different moderators, whether someone gets muted and the length of time muted can vary quite a bit so I guess it's also a little unfair in that sense.

21 hours ago, Paigeturner said:

I have noticed lately that the mods have been using the power to mute a little excessively. So many loyal players of the stake community have been getting muted for ridiculous reasons. I know there has to be a system in place to combat spam, begging and disrespect... but if it doesn't fall under these categories what's the big deal? 

I hear so many people complaining at other sites about stake chat and being muted for the silliest reasons.  Some People are afraid to even chat at stake anymore because of how sensitive and petty some mods have become and how quickly they are are being muted when it's really not necessary....

Why does stake feel so strongly about censoring its players? This is an online gambling chat room for crying out loud.  We are all adults, if we aren't spamming or being disrespectful what the hell is the problem? 

Anyways,  a few good friends have been muted recently for nothing more then being silly or stating thier frustrations... loyal,  depositing vip members! 

Sadly this has made being in chat not so desirable lately. 

There is nothing worse than being muted on Stake in my humble opinion. It's happened to me twice, both times were to my surprise. I think it's a great way to teach people to be respectful in chat. I do feel that sometimes it's used a little excessively at times, though. I also feel like there are some people that, no matter what they do, they don't get muted. I'm not going to mention anyone there, it's just my personal observation. For all I know, those people may get muted when I'm not online.

I am not speaking for all mods, but some mods really do abuse their power. I think the quality control and the mod appointment procedure is very flawed on Stake. They definitely do not do proper backround checks on some of the mods.

Well the debate isnt new. 

I can admit that some people where muted without legit reasons. It might had happened once in a while. 

But there's appeal possibility firstly man's then I think in most cases it's fully legit and people that were muted know why... 

I already have been muted twice for posting  !rain a long time ago ( mistyped) then for 24h muted.. And recently I wanted to help someone looking for a place to buy coins.. I shared a telegram exchange bot.. And posting telegram link isn't allowed well I made appeal and it was took in account. You talk about other place and I know them too. And I don't feel comfortable in those chats because almost everything is forbidden  there if you curse or talk bout drugs or just say "fuck" You are warned and after muted... So I'm home stake chat is one of the most tolerant I know. 

But surely mods are human and they can do mistakes... But I'm supporting them even in their mistakes bc their benevolent work is Hard and not appreciated and well being mute isn't a big deal imhob( as long as it's not more than 1 month mute) 

Sometimes being muted allow people to think a little to their attitude publicly and maybe bring them to question themselves about how they act. It's hard to talk generally about that bc I'm sure you are talking about real abuse of mute but I can't keep myself from thinking that without all the info that lead to a mute it's hard to have an opinion. Maybe it was deserve and maybe not. 

And finally having more exigence from old member than from new one is a good thing. People like me that has been around for more than 2 year perfectly know the rules and for that reason should be an example for newcomers ... Being a vip and depositors doesn't justify to have extended right to abuse from the rules.. 

Yet it's just my opinion and I say it again being a mod is an ungrateful job and I admire them for that reason... 

More importantly, context isn't taken into consideration at all when making the decision to mute someone.

I get it how rules must be enforced... but we are not a Communist nation so it has to be judged on a case-to-case basis.

Otherwise, what's the whole point of having moderators? Might as well just have bots to mute whenever keywords are triggered... 🤔

13 hours ago, Etude said:

I still think that I would be a great thing if with every mute the reason for muting is clearly stated in public when the mute is being enforced. Also another thing would be better if the red color M sign which signify being muted is brought back.

Yes I think both of these would be great. Red M so we know when our friends are muted so we know they can't reply to us, instead of just not being about in chat! Also reason for being muted will be good as people in chat can see why that person got muted, and it will help others to learn not to make the same mistake or they will get muted too. 

For the person getting muted, mutebot says the reason so not as important but I think it'll help the community if they can see why people are muted, as it'll be a good teaching tool as well about what chat is acceptible and what isn't - I mean I know there are rules and people can check them out. But they have to be applied and interpreted so if reasons for mutes are in chat when people get muted, this will help people that haven't been muted quite a bit to learn what is acceptable and what isn't I think. 

hey paige,

I feel like this too. I definitely feel like the mods and that have really cracked down on the muting and stuff. They have been really strict with it. It is good in some ways but, as you said, people have been getting muted for ridiculous reasons. This is wrong to be honest. I think they have definitely cracked down on their muting though :)

Hell Yeah!  The Power of Mute is as strong as the Power of Love!  You will change the way you are once you feel it!  Your behavior will come as obedient as a puppy can be.  Once you feel the Power of Mute your entire gambling attitude here in STake can change, if not the gambling attitude at least the way you manage yourself while in contact with the community.  I feel it once, and I am very cautious from that moment.  Yes, the Power of Mute can make you change.  And those who has that power are like a god once they warn you when you are about to get those infamous "mute coins".... good luck and avoid muting. 

On 12/21/2019 at 5:14 PM, Etude said:

I still think that I would be a great thing if with every mute the reason for muting is clearly stated in public

Generally for most mutes the reason is given to the player and a link is provided to the appeals section so rarely does the person really not know why they were muted.  Also of course they often go directly to support to complain and inquire why.

The use of mutes is a very blunt instrument, by nature it's a dichotomous function.  Maybe it would be cool if your messages just got dimmer and dimmer rather than simply being blocked.

As to amounts wagered, it doesn't matter, the chat rules are the same for everyone.

While intelligent people can disagree I've not seen many mutes that were not warranted and easily validated by looking at chat logs.  At the same time, I try to use them as sparingly as possible, often asking nicely works.

I think not anyone mute without any reason if anyone not follow the rules then mod or support team mute him i think every mod and support team members very nice and they try to not mute anyone