Hoffguy

Do you think the Witcher will be the new GoT

Featured Comment

It's on Netflix, haven't watched any of it yet. Might give the first episode a go tonight.

Screenshot_20191221-195309.thumb.png.f3ff2bce8ce50bb5878a9e54ede27016.png

I read some article and it said this might be the new GoT. 

The person that made it said GoT opened up this fantasy genre to wider audience, and she thinks this will fill the gap left by GoT.

Have you heard of The Witcher? Do you think it'll be anywhere as good as GoT??

Edited by Hoffguy

I don't think that anything can really fill the gap left by Game of Thrones yet anytime soon. :P

GoT for sure made the general audience more accepting of that sort of fantasy genre. I don't think Netflix can compare to HBO in terms of pure production value, but it will be interesting to see.

I've played one of the Witcher games before so I was really looking forward to this. I really hope they do a good job, the whole story has a lot of potential.

Watched the first 4 episodes this morning and so far it seems interesting, even though they're rushing some things with explaining jack. But I'll refrain from judging for now. 😄

On 12/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, Uros said:

GoT for sure made the general audience more accepting of that sort of fantasy genre. I don't think Netflix can compare to HBO in terms of pure production value, but it will be interesting to see.

I've played one of the Witcher games before so I was really looking forward to this. I really hope they do a good job, the whole story has a lot of potential.

Watched the first 4 episodes this morning and so far it seems interesting, even though they're rushing some things with explaining jack. But I'll refrain from judging for now. 😄

Thanks for not giving away the Jack thing ✌️😎 haven't played the game before but watched episode 1 and 2 , I liked it! 

I get feeling there is going to be more magic in this than GoT. 

So far so good ! Shame about renfree (sp.) I won't say any more in case no one has seen first episode, but I kind of liked her!

I don't think so, GOT will remain the best of all, every new series being released that says it's going to compete with GOT, just for the sake of fame, I don't think there's a series that will compete with GOT over the next few years.

I saw these series complete its first season is really very good, I even forgot about games of thrones hehehe but I think that as more seasons begin to develop it will fill that gap that even fans feel for game of thrones and they will like this new series In the fantasy genre, let's just wait as it unfolds over time. greetings to all.

To be honest, haven't watched that one but I always see it on ads, memes, etc. well at netflix most series are good to watch. Gotta try this one then. 

Hell no, GOT was a masterpiece and has a different story line. The Witcher is quite good but has only one season for now  and season 2 production was postponed due to the pandemic. We will have to watch all seasons b4 comparing it with GOT.