Jump to content

Gamble Aware.


Markoc

Featured Comment

I don't know too about that, but you should know your limitations when gambling because if not gambling will destroy you. Don't be one of the compulsive gambler here on stake, you must have a self discipline and good attitude when playing. Don't be in rush to win there's a time for it just wait. And give what you can give, play what you can play, lose what you can lose and risk what only you can risk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gambling addiction can occur to anybody from any walks of life. This activity goes from a fun, harmless diversion to an unhealthy obsession with really serious consequences. Either you gamble ib sports, scratch cards. roulette, poker or slots, in a casino, landbased or online, gambling addiction can strain your relationships, interfere with your job, and worst, lead to financial chaos. You might even do things you never thought you'd do, like running up with huge debts or even stealing money just to be able to gamble. Before it's too late mate, if you really believe you do need help, GambleAware is a good place to look for help. Since, gambling addiction is an impulse-control disorder, if you are compulsive, especially, you won't be able to control the urge or impulse to gamble even if it would jeopardize or compromise very important aspects of your life. Of course, you can also have a gambling problem without being totally out of control. Problem gambling is any gambling behavior that disrupts your life. If you’re preoccupied with gambling, spending more and more time and money on it, chasing losses, or gambling despite serious consequences in your life, you have a gambling problem. Although it may feel like you’re powerless to stop gambling, there are plenty of things you can do to overcome the problem, repair your relationships and finances, and finally regain control of your life.
 

PS.

If you are looking for help, advice or support in relation to your gambling, please go to: BeGambleAware.org or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dp10011 said:

I was very addicted for a while, but I was never able to access this service. Maybe for not admitting at the time that I was addicted to the game. I was even curious to see how the service worked, but I didn't use it.

 

I hope no one needs it! ;) 

Thanks for the honesty. And I'm glad you recovered.

4 minutes ago, Nicol3 said:

Gambling addiction can occur to anybody from any walks of life. This activity goes from a fun, harmless diversion to an unhealthy obsession with really serious consequences. Either you gamble ib sports, scratch cards. roulette, poker or slots, in a casino, landbased or online, gambling addiction can strain your relationships, interfere with your job, and worst, lead to financial chaos. You might even do things you never thought you'd do, like running up with huge debts or even stealing money just to be able to gamble. Before it's too late mate, if you really believe you do need help, GambleAware is a good place to look for help. Since, gambling addiction is an impulse-control disorder, if you are compulsive, especially, you won't be able to control the urge or impulse to gamble even if it would jeopardize or compromise very important aspects of your life. Of course, you can also have a gambling problem without being totally out of control. Problem gambling is any gambling behavior that disrupts your life. If you’re preoccupied with gambling, spending more and more time and money on it, chasing losses, or gambling despite serious consequences in your life, you have a gambling problem. Although it may feel like you’re powerless to stop gambling, there are plenty of things you can do to overcome the problem, repair your relationships and finances, and finally regain control of your life.
 

PS.

If you are looking for help, advice or support in relation to your gambling, please go to: BeGambleAware.org or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.

Thanks for your message. I really appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think when you are addicted you can not admit it and fall in the web of lies and deceit to ourselves to cover it up.

The only way out of it would be to have no money left to gamble with. Then at this point you can seek help if you have a good support system in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Markoc, don't forget to take note of the contact information. It is very important that as early as now you assess yourself . Do not be shy to ask for help. It would always be better to prevent than to cure. I wish you all the best mate. You can do it. I believe you are very strong and courageous. One thing is the fact that you have the courage to say things like this about you is something that I can say shall be a good sign that you will overcome this problem in your life. Do not also forget to pray to our One and Only Creator. He will be always guiding you and loving you unconditionally. Take care of yourself. It all starts with self discipline and self love. You can do it mate. Cheer up! Ü

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, rdbase said:

I think when you are addicted you can not admit it and fall in the web of lies and deceit to ourselves to cover it up.

The only way out of it would be to have no money left to gamble with. Then at this point you can seek help if you have a good support system in place.

You're right @rdbase And you cannot fix it until you admit it. I hope many of experiencing this would have enough courage to admit and reach for help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gambling addiction?  I guess we all here have some of that in more or less levels but all of us.  Setting limits should be considered as part of each particular strategy when gambling, I am pretty sure I read some post in this forum regarding some gamblers having really problems with their addiction to gambling.  Speaking to myself, so far I don´t think I have a "important" addiction because so far I has been here for couple of years and my limits in gambling remains the same, probably gambling little longer messing with my time but not with my resources which at the end is what matters.  Anyways, I am always testing my self every single day and I really hope to note when I will be in "danger" to become a gambler with an addiction that makes me be in money problems.  So, pay attention to your own behavior and don´t hesitate to call a specialist to help you in case you think you need it.  Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cryptofly said:

Gambling addiction?  I guess we all here have some of that in more or less levels but all of us.  Setting limits should be considered as part of each particular strategy when gambling, I am pretty sure I read some post in this forum regarding some gamblers having really problems with their addiction to gambling.  Speaking to myself, so far I don´t think I have a "important" addiction because so far I has been here for couple of years and my limits in gambling remains the same, probably gambling little longer messing with my time but not with my resources which at the end is what matters.  Anyways, I am always testing my self every single day and I really hope to note when I will be in "danger" to become a gambler with an addiction that makes me be in money problems.  So, pay attention to your own behavior and don´t hesitate to call a specialist to help you in case you think you need it.  Good luck. 

You said 'setting limit'. What percentage of your income have you set as a 'limit'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One night after huge loss almost my saving from last 2 years i decided to take. A shot on them like how they process and handle things.

So i chose the easiest one that is text based..

It all started how am i doing how it started at what point i felt like i am over spending.

They gave me some points which i would like to share with you guys.

Finance manager - let anyone else handle your finances so you don't have access to your funds easily.

Take help if necessary they asked my location and forwarded me the list of groups and places near me where i can join support groups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too not tried because I am completely to this world but yes I am getting good suggestion from the fellow members e.g:

"you should know your limitations when gambling because if not gambling will destroy you"

We all should remember and play to enjoy the game but not ruin your and your family life.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, I never needed any help when it comes to gambling simply because I set my own limits. First of all I never spend more than I can afford and I don't take any loans for gambling. When I loose money that's it, I don't try to desperately recover by depositing more money that I can't afford. The only thing I noticed is how much time I spend gambling, so the only thing I am losing here is time. However that I can control myself since when I don't have money I can't play so I don't waste time xD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

No i have never had the need to contact them in any gambling situation. Glad for it.

The reason why is because i have studied how to gamble properly before starting doing so.

Also i have been experimenting several strategies and see which ones benefit for my gameplay type so i won't lose too much often as newbie Players do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...