Grifter

Favorite International Bands

Featured Comment

My favorite and my best band ever is only Incubus. I really influenced their songs, poems, their arts and how to deliver their songs perfectly.....

One of my favorite songs of incubus is this

its because of the whole lyrics, i always remembering about my past when i play this song....

"Dig"

We all have a weakness
But some of ours are easy to identify.
Look me in the eye
And ask for forgiveness;
We'll make a pact to never speak that word again
Yes you are my friend.
We all have something that digs at us,
At least we dig each other
So when weakness turns my ego up
I know you'll count on the me from yesterday
If I turn into another
Dig me up from under what is covering
The better part of me
Sing this song
Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
We all have a sickness
That cleverly attaches and multiplies
No matter how we try.
We all have someone that digs at us,
At least we dig each other
So when sickness turns my ego up
I know you'll act as a clever medicine.
If I turn into another
Dig me up from under what is covering
The better part of me.
Sing this song!
Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Oh each other....
When everything
Else is gone.

how about you guys? whats your favorite band?

My favorite International bands are mostly Metal ones: 

Wintersun: It's a Finnish Epic Melodeath band... I love the lyrics, the harmonies, the orchestration, the emotion of rage and melancholy they portray. Everything about them is so majestic and spacy, influenced by diverse genres.

Tool: I guess most people who enjoy listening to rock know about Tool... The incredible visuals, the amazing syncopations, the complexity, the balance between brutality and harmony, the themes of their songs. They are surely one of the greatest progressive rock/metal bands ever. (STILL WAITING FOR THE NEW ALBUM).

Symphony X and Dream Theater: Both great Progressive Metal bands. Symphony X has more of a tone of Neoclassical Music, they introduce various elements and leitmotifs of diverse compositions and most of the albums are conceptual (that I love a lot)... Dream Theater is more diverse and epic in a way, since they have been around for longer and got to redefine their own style by introducing new elements and new themes, the shredding by John Petrucci is always incredible and James Labrie's voice is legendary, the symbolism is great as well.

Alcest, Les Discrets: Both bands are Shoegaze, Post-Metal bands... I've been digging their music a lot lately, which can go from raw and brutal to beautiful, uplifting and atmospheric. It can be described as a journey through one's emotions.

Other great bands I like a lot are:

Anathema, Between The Buried And Me, The Dear Hunter, Haken, Leprous, Mechina, Megadeth, Native Construct, The Ocean, Opeth, A Perfect Circle, Rishloo, Soen, Sonata Arctica, Steven Wilson, Tesseract, Votum...