JacksonPalmer

Manchester City banned from next two Champions League tournaments

Featured Comment

UEFA, the ruling body for soccer in Europe, has banned Manchester City from the next two Champions League tournaments and fined the two-time defending Premier League champion $32.5 million for violations of financial fair play rules.

The regulations are designed to keep clubs from accumulating massive debt by requiring teams to balance their spending with revenue. A UEFA panel investigating Manchester City’s finances determined the team violated those rules.

City was found to have falsely inflated its sponsorship revenue when it made submissions for the FFP compliance process. The finding follows an investigation begun after the publication of leaked emails and documents by the German magazine Der Spiegel in November 2018.

Manchester City plans to appeal the decision of the adjudicatory chamber to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/story/2020-02-14/manchester-city-banned

In my opinion this is a very good first step to finally make football financially fair again and showing all the clubs that the UEFA actually gonna enforce their rules, what are your opinions on this?

Edited by JacksonPalmer

I agree with you, my friend, football has become a business only, not loyalty , rich clubs attract players at huge prices, at the expense of the small clubs that continue to struggle, I hope PSG is also banned from playing in the Champions League.