About localbutcoin exchanger.

Featured Comment

One of the most popular peer exchange sites in the bitcoin ecosystem is currently LocalBitcoins. But this platform, based in Finland, has been the epicenter of multiple controversies.

LocalBitcoins has made quite questioned decisions in recent months, such as the withdrawal of the option of personal exchanges for cash, without prior notice; or the constant increase in the requirements of personal information to its users in order to satisfy the regulatory requirements in the Finnish jurisdiction.

Particularly, the controversy became stronger weeks ago, when the platform froze the accounts of its customers without prior warning and providing little or no response. The event covered more than a dozen countries, including two Latinos: Panama and Puerto Rico.

LocalBitcoins is one of the most popular sites for the exchange of bitcoin between peers, although it is not the only option to perform this type of operations. The activity on the site has recently declined and its exchange volumes have been reduced considerably.

They're pretty much done at this point, I loved this service, was buying exclusively there, but since the implementation of verification that defeats the purpose of this service many people just pulled the plug!

Many people complain on Twitter about how arrogant support is, how many disputes were resolved in the favor of a scammer, preposterous!

There's a tremendous alternative: LocalCryptos.com, lots of big players from LocalBitcoins went there and imported their reputation!

Three cryptos are available there, well, now just BTC and ETH, soon they'll add a Litecoin!

they also closed their operation in many countries, including mine so we dont give a damn anymore about this site, they are killing their self i think they dont wanna grow more, or maybe some partnership problems, ist they became so hard in restrictions and then they completely shutdown their business in many countries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe Localbitcoins is much better and safe place instead of exchanges for fiat trades as they have good and quick support and we can do this all very instantly but on exchanges mostly you have to wait for withdrawals and need to check limits for all your sell and buy options just try to catch good trader on localbitcoins is much better and safe for any one

As far as i know local bitcoin exchange site has changed a lot which lead it popularity lil bit down because many new specification added in local bitcoin exchange that is difficult to understand and their support team look like lazy nowadays... By the way it has advantage too that it's not scam and we can easily buy bitcoin and etherum  from here...unfortunately localbitcoin exchange are not available in some country

I've used local bitcoins when I was new to the crypto world but then I found some better exchangers that is available in our country so I went for them and sticked with them cause of trust issues. 

Hello, I used to use local Bitcoin before, but this is not a good coin, it is difficult to exchange locally, because the demand for local Bitcoin is low, I have encountered a lot of problems exchanging local Bitcoin.

You may don't know localbitcoin exchange site change their operation system which lead lot of account go down..most of people are now leave localbitcoin exchange site for this circumstances..i also used localbitcoin but now i change the site