Seoulmate

To mute or not to mute, that is the question.

Featured Comment

This is a good idea. It's kinda annoying when two parties are arguing onto something that doesn't even needed to. They should be both move to a chat and get back after they fix the problem 

8 hours ago, Aiza824 said:

Guys, wrap it up. This is a very sensitive and taboo-ish topic. Putting things simple, I prefer to just follow the rules and when apprehended with a mute you can always do an appeal directly to a support representative and they will investigate it for you plus they will also approach the moderator. Like I said above, that is the only effective way to appeal- either you get a lenient sentence served, get barred if the reason is justifiable (other than ignorance) or luckily, get freed. 

Thank you for your comment. I think that it paints the moderators in a poor light, it assumes they are not open to rational discussion and can't tolerate suggestions nor any constructive criticism on the subject of muting.
The fact that the topic was started a week ago and hasn't been shut down demonstrates that they are both open and receptive to feedback.  So long as discussion is not mean spirited and does not descend into unfair personal attacks, I don't see why it can't continue. If the topic does go that direction I'd be quite happy to see it closed.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Seoulmate said:

Thank you for your comment. I think that it paints the moderators in a poor light, it assumes they are not open to rational discussion and can't tolerate suggestions nor any constructive criticism on the subject of muting.
The fact that the topic was started a week ago and hasn't been shut down demonstrates that they are both open and receptive to feedback.  So long as discussion is not mean spirited and does not descend into unfair personal attacks, I don't see why it can't continue. If the topic does go that direction I'd be quite happy to see it closed.

Yeah nothing wrong with the mods theyre are in the end doing there jobs and following company policy i guess 

Also this isn't about the way mods are moderating but a suggestion on a 'better' way to deal with these behaviours outlines i guess

Edited by kaostriker

There is a form of muting called shadow muting, in which a player can still comment in the main chat, but nobody sees it except themselves. They can continue to rant and rave, or speak in whatever language they want to, just nobody sees any of it. That may be useful in some situations. Particularly in cases of spam.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:12 AM, kaostriker said:

Facts. I agree but probably too late for me and they'll just say thats what appeals are for

Appeals no good either dude.  

You get the same Mod judging his/her own actions... 

They Twist what is written in Appeal to Suit their own agenda & then close the discussion 

In effect muting you again because they don't want to have to address some awkward facts presented to them..

It seems to be a good idea, but dont think thats gonna work.  When people lose so much they blame all it on site, scam, ponzy, cheater, etc. and when you put them in a separate room they might get more arrogant and dont even listen what Mods wants to say, people usually lose their thinking power when they are angry.  That separate room might work for them as an anger management think to just blew all their anger there and it might make Mods' work more hectic and Mods here mostly are calm and they dont want to do all these things.  They usually give warning before muting people and users can explain their side after that warning if they think they are right about that.  So idea seems to be good here, but I dont think in practical it will be easy to implement.

But I think that has already been sorted out, because when you look at what is happening, then you know this is a very restrictive forum you get a warning, then you violate that you get punished , thats one case but its important to know what is the best idea to what we can do, there is nothing more to it, I think that situation has been handle my friend

I’m sorry to tell you, but the Stake chat isn’t a therapy session between players and moderators. If someone is misbehaving, then they need a timeout to think about what they have done and know it is wrong.

As @maverick528would agree, this is the best way to solve people breaking chat rules. Also, I don’t think that he has the time to talk people through their problems, unless he gets a fat paycheque from them xD 

I don't really want to comment on this matter as I cannot see anyone who is being favored upon by moderators and supports in terms of reprimanding and warning players, except on those instances where some players get no warning at all, but everyone would get why would they do that though if you are attentive in the chat flow.

I love that idea of creating a time out room for some users who are stepping into the line of breaking the chat rules intentionally or not . Its a form of counselling among them.. and advising /reminding about the rules to be followed. It's a great motivational/professional approach from the mod on duty.   

all that can happen because of the defeat experienced so angry in chat one way to vent emotions, I often find people who vent their emotions with anger in chat and make a fuss so that one easy way the moderator silenced them.

It would be nice to have something like this to resolve some conflicts, but not all conflicts can be resolved in this way, there is no point in offending a user and then apologizing and then returning, because then it would be a bad way to punish these types of people, if you have committed any and the person knows that he has broken a rule he must pay to be an example.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, reebox said:

all that can happen because of the defeat experienced so angry in chat one way to vent emotions, I often find people who vent their emotions with anger in chat and make a fuss so that one easy way the moderator silenced them.

...which is simply wrong. The problem with those people is that all the while they were thinking that they will beat the game, which they simply can't. They would even blame the game as rigged on chats, which just add up to more reasons why they should be muted (libel).

On 4/7/2020 at 7:10 AM, Thepug said:

I’m sorry to tell you, but the Stake chat isn’t a therapy session between players and moderators. If someone is misbehaving, then they need a timeout to think about what they have done and know it is wrong.

As @maverick528would agree, this is the best way to solve people breaking chat rules. Also, I don’t think that he has the time to talk people through their problems, unless he gets a fat paycheque from them xD 

Nobody is suggesting that the chat is a therapy session. I think you are missing the point. There is an issue whereby muting some players in some instances is causing further disruption/problems for the support staff, we are discussing possible solutions. If you have an alternative proposal to address the issue please make it. Criticising the suggestions of others without making an alternative proposal, does nothing to move us towards a solution. 

On 3/27/2020 at 7:11 PM, Seoulmate said:

It seems to me that there are many ways to deal with people, who are angry or abusive or ignorant of the rules in the chat.
It's all too easy to hit the mute option and 'poof' 🌩 problem gone.

Moderators therefore never develop the skills to recognise and diffuse a potential conflict situation early on.

Muting people breeds resentment and can just exacerbate the problem for support staff or other mods to deal with later on.

I would recommend that Players who offend are moved to a Time out chat room where a moderator can talk to them
about their behaviour. If they continue to break the rules after that then maybe a mute is required.

Or sometimes two players are arguing over something which is an issue betweeen themselves.

Move them to a Time out room and let them resolve their issue out of the main chat room.

Hi Seoulmate, I do agree with your statement within context. However, what would you say if I told you this?

Moderators are fellow community members and not employee's, knowing that would you still consider the same rationale regarding your statement?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Hi Seoulmate, I do agree with your statement within context. However, what would you say if I told you this?

Moderators are fellow community members and not employee's, knowing that would you still consider the same rationale regarding your statement?

Yeah Im aware of that.  In the past I have done this kind of unpaid mod work, so I do understand the shit that players get up to all day long. It may not appear this way but In truth I'm trying to be helpful as I've seen how mutes can escalate conflict. Creating bigger headaches for mods and support down the line. I just tend to come at problems from odd angles.

Im guilty of click baiting the topic title, I hold my hands up to that one. Maybe I can tone it down a bit.

Edited by Seoulmate

This is a good idea, to show some patience before apply the law.  But the chat rules are very clear and are there for all to read as many times as we want and because of that the muting in my opinion is valid at the very moment when someone breaks the rules.  Maybe what Mod should do is to apply these to all in the same way, and this is without hesitation and instantly at the eyes of everyone.  My opinion.  Thanks. 

I totally agree with you, because i was writing with a person something for religions and one of the moderators said i am going to perm mute if you continue doing that, is not funny when you talk only serious in stake or how?