djangobango

Leaked CSGO source code

Featured Comment

Exposure for leaked source code to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2 has experts concerned that it could possibly lead to cheats, exploits, and a fastrack to Valve’s Source 2. 

Though an outdated model, source code for Valve’s beloved FPS title has been getting shared online. This gives everyone from CSGO enthusiasts to malicious actors a way to “literally build the game,” according to ‘2Eggss,’ an ethical hacker and Steamworks developer.

To be clear, everything that hackers and exploit makers needed to make cheats in CSGO was already out in the wild, which is why services like the Valve anti-cheat (VAC) system exist to try to thwart any potential hacks that may come out of them.

33 minutes ago, skrieeee said:

I hope source 2 will be released and port csgo to it. 

yeah there are already a lot of rumous about it, it expected to be released somewhere in summer but i don't know if this is true

i think this won't do any damage for player's pcs but i think there will be more cheaters because of this, cause they now can see the code of the engine so cheat makers make more cheats

27 minutes ago, obi1wan said:

i think this won't do any damage for player's pcs but i think there will be more cheaters because of this, cause they now can see the code of the engine so cheat makers make more cheats

let hope our "LAWD GABEN" will fix that issue if that happens.