vijaypondini

A way to lock out your coins ( safely ) [Idea]

Featured Comment

Posted (edited)

HI guys. Ever since i've been on stake, all the money I get from rains/ tips/ninjas/trivias/challenges etc.etc. I always seem to gamble away and lose. Honestly, it's been a real pain, i've lost 2,000$+ like this , all free money from stake that could have been put to good use. 

Now what i think we should do is create a system, where you deposit to the vault, and lock yourself out from the vault for a specific time period ( say 14 days ), so you can somehow, forget about the money and not gamble with it. I was researching all over the internet, found no solution to prevent me from taking my crypto around. Sure we can ask our friends to hold it for us, but anyone, ANYONE, can scam and leave you.

What do you guys think about it? Lockout system in stake vault, to ensure smarter playing

Edited by vijaypondini | changed title

In case emergency 14 days lockdown period  can appear as boon. Instead try this send  your saving to second person whom you can trust and tell him to ot give it back to you untilll 14 days

Its a very good concept but there should be seperate option (not vault) because there may be emergency in money. A seperate option of deposit  should be added to lock up our coins.:)

As somebody that uses the Vault just to keep the balance away from my eyes I don't agree with that suggestion.. I don't really like the idea of having my own funds locked no matter how long it would be.. these are my funds and I like to have full access to deposit or withdraw whenever it suits me better.

As for you, @vijaypondini, if gambling is being an issue then you should probably look for some help lol

On 6/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, vijaypondini said:

HI guys. Ever since i've been on stake, all the money I get from rains/ tips/ninjas/trivias/challenges etc.etc. I always seem to gamble away and lose. Honestly, it's been a real pain, i've lost 2,000$+ like this , all free money from stake that could have been put to good use. 

Now what i think we should do is create a system, where you deposit to the vault, and lock yourself out from the vault for a specific time period ( say 14 days ), so you can somehow, forget about the money and not gamble with it. I was researching all over the internet, found no solution to prevent me from taking my crypto around. Sure we can ask our friends to hold it for us, but anyone, ANYONE, can scam and leave you.

What do you guys think about it? Lockout system in stake vault, to ensure smarter playing

That's pretty much why the vault has been added. People wanted some "other" place to hold their funds so that they won't be as tempted to gamble them. If having a separate place that also requires you to put the 2FA so you waste time in order to withdraw funds isn't enough, then I'm sure that it's already becoming an addiction and if you need help with it, on Stake platform, way down at the bottom, where the footer links are, you have the "Support" category, in which, there's a link to "Gamble Aware". Click on it and ask for help, because gambling addiction is just like a drug addiction and it needs to be treated.

If you want a workaround, make another account on Stake, send your funds there and set your password to a random long password. Copy and paste it in an alarm on your phone set to 15 days from now and that's it, in 15 days you'll have your password with your funds back.

But trust me, no matter what, even if you'd have an option like that, it still won't be enough. Why? Because you'll use it once/twice, you'll feel the "pain" of gambling and there won't be a third time for you to use it.

I'm totally against it as I am more than sure that it's simply a waste of developers time, which could be better focused on implementing new awesome features as they already did. This has been requested and over requested and I really hope that the devs won't actually do it, because it won't be used much.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:09 AM, Carollzinha said:

As somebody that uses the Vault just to keep the balance away from my eyes I don't agree with that suggestion.. I don't really like the idea of having my own funds locked no matter how long it would be.. these are my funds and I like to have full access to deposit or withdraw whenever it suits me better.

As for you, @vijaypondini, if gambling is being an issue then you should probably look for some help lol

Definitely Agree to this

control emotion bro, im here just for fun, like playing game, playing small bets

there are a few sites where you can lock your "investments" for a certain time crypto related... goodluck in the future

Lockout may be ok if its for a short time period, maximum of 1 week so you can access coins later anyways. 1 week is good enough to cool off and short enough to not worry about locking away funds.