Biggest regrets in life

Featured Comment

Hello guys! :) 

I want to talk to you about something. As you know, life is a matter of choice. There are a lot of things you did and you regret for doing them, but there are also things you haven't done, and you should have done.

I wish that I could allow myself to be happier, more than I was, for a lot of things. 

I want to hear what was the most regretful thing that you have done or haven't done. I will reward three persons a day, for the next 3 days, who post the most honest answer. 

Enjoy in your life, and don't regret doing even the scariest things! :) 

Day 1: bruhccoleh🥇, Viksen 🥇bmg 🥇;

Day 2: absentt 🥇, skywallkee 🥇, Raikage 🥇;

Day 3: Bossman92h 🥇, Virmel🥇, Luciz 🥇.

When I was a little younger I didn't know much so I followed advice of my parents, family, etc. 

Only later I realized they didn't know shit either.

Moral of the story - life is uncertain, nobody knows what may happen in the future, you can take some advice but make sure it is your own decision in the end, don't waste your life being someone else's pokemon. 

My biggest regret is that it always happens every year for me in which I don’t really study well when there are examinations and activities regarding school - I always procrastinate and waste my time on thing that makes no sense. Then I kept on getting low marks, thankfully I still pass them all. I regret wasting my time. But as I realize such things I learn from it. So if someone is reading this, my advice is that please keep in mind that “Time is gold” don’t waste your life on things that are not that important. Do things that really matters the most in life and never ever waste your time. Yes, it’s okay to have some fun but set limit as there are even more important than things that we waste our time on. Life is short so live the most of it and do what really helps you grow as a person. Again, be productive, don’t waste time, don’t procrastinate. Those are the lessons that I’ve learned. Now, time to study. Thanks for this Nevenaaa. 

When I was 19 and starting to go to the gym, I meet a very nice and beautiful girl. We used to talk and she would always ask me how are you. We used to walk half way together when going home, we lived in different directions. Then I moved to another city to attend university. I so regret I never asked her out....

Great topic :D

My biggest regret is that I haven't had the discipline to continue with a sport called Taekwondo. I was pretty good at it, I and liked it so much, but at the time I was just a teenager, and I had to choose, keep training, be disciplined and stay focused or go out with your friends, chase girls and drink alcohol. I think you know what I choose. 😂 But I learned a lot from that, so I will know better in the future when I have children on my own.

Other than that, I  have no regrets, cause every single act that I made brought me where I'm now :D

I was thinking about what I regret in my life and the very first thing is choosing a profession. I regret that I obeyed my parents and went to study at the Faculty of International Economic Relations. I chose a prestigious profession when my heart belonged to drawing, design and modeling. As a result, my diploma as an international economist is getting dusty. But painting would still be more useful to me in life. I rarely paint paintings, unfortunately, because this is a very expensive task, but I love all my paintings. I would like to work as a designer, because I know that art education would seriously help me.

Posted (edited)

Hi Nevena,

I am happy with what I have achieved in life and had not much to regret but if there is 1 thing I could think of is, when my first child was born.

She had Gastroschisis, it a birth defect.

I was young then and since she's my 1st I don't have any idea and sort.

So there are medical operations which needs to be done right after she was born.

I decided to have all operations 1 by one based on the facts that the doctors gave me and also the financial capacity I have.

She's well and good now..already 9, but after the 2nd operation, she went legally blind..fungus already ate her lense in the eye..legally blind means she can still see with the help of a very high eyeglasses Grade, aroung 1900..as early as 2mos, she already wears eyeglasses..

If I could have been prepared, Financially and Mentally, things could have turned out much better.

But still, she's the best gift ever..

Edited by Raikage

one of my regrets was not believing in my own abilities. if I were not inferior in practicing soccer maybe now I can get a pretty good career from this sport that I like. because when I was an adult I was still able to excel even at an amateur level.

to pursue it now is too late because there is already a responsibility to my family.

what I can do now and later is to support my child in whatever he likes, which I didn't get 🥰

In my.life I never regret for things I have done when they are mistakes.i am adult so I know that I have to accept my mistakes un things I have done so I never give to me an excuse to regret things I have done.

In other side I regret for things I could do but didn't make them.after that I believe these are reasons for regret 

For example. Nearly  at the start of the year 2010 a friend of me told me about bitcoin  and crypto and proposed me to buy few btc spending 100€.At this time I was investing in banks and was earning enough money every month and this was my hobby .when I asked him about what is bitcoin he told me things I couldn't understand and in few words that bitcoin is (air) meaning not real coin but a digital that its price will go up if there is confidence between  users etc..

At this time I said no and that thing is a scam and it will be shown in some months.then he said why you dint invest the 100€ "it's like you went  in a restaurant  and spend few euro " and then i was mean with him  that he wants to sell me bitcoin  so he can take my money.

On 2017 on January  i heard again about bitcoin  and that  its price is about 850€ .Then I said that if I invested  then the 100€ I could buy  100/0.003 (bitcoin  price)=33333.333 bitcoin and  then on  January of 2017 I could have  26.666.664 € and on end of 2017 the fortune  would be  close to 330.000.000 € meaning that I would be REALLY RICH ,and the prices I tell that i could have its cause i know about invest and i would never sell ALL but only few so i could reinvest. 

SO this is the most regrettable  thing I DIDNT  and for that i will regret for a life

My biggest regret is that I haven't traveled to China when I had a chance, few years ago all things worked for me that I could do it but I was thinking that I will have time and that option will always be easy available for me, now that is not I regret now going when I could. :) 

My biggest regret in life was not spending enough time with my mother before she passed away .  She was a very kind women and  a good mom.  When i was 11 months old she adopted my sister and I .. She always made us feel like we were her girls no matter what I miss her dearly .

So if anyone reading this has their mom  in your life just pick up the phone and call her and let her know your thinking of her and make time to see her  because I would give anything to see my mom again.

Starting gambling at a young age, starting with no actual money, I thought it would do no harm, later turned into an addiction and now I'm down quite a bit due to that and just before I start university too. That's my biggest regret up until today - getting introduced to gambling

My biggest regret in my life was I chose work over my personal happiness.i had this hot Chinese guy I met in Malaysia and he asked me to marry him.But because I don't want to disappoint my boss in doing my job as asst.manager pretty well, I turned him down even deep inside if me I want to be with him.and after that we broke up.

4 hours ago, ham0117 said:

My biggest regret in my life was I chose work over my personal happiness.i had this hot Chinese guy I met in Malaysia and he asked me to marry him.But because I don't want to disappoint my boss in doing my job as asst.manager pretty well, I turned him down even deep inside if me I want to be with him.and after that we broke up.

Who knows why it's good.. You never know what might happen to you, maybe he wasn't right for you. :)

5 hours ago, Yuka666 said:

I've been doing music for a long time. There was even its own performing group. But life turned out so that I had to choose either a job or a dream. I had to work..😔. Now I sing only for my children..))😊

But you sing to your favorite and loyal audience! It's the most important. Sometimes we need to put something in the first place even if we don't want to, who knows why. :)

15 hours ago, Raikage said:

Hi Nevena,

I am happy with what I have achieved in life and had not much to regret but if there is 1 thing I could think of is, when my first child was born.

She had Gastroschisis, it a birth defect.

I was young then and since she's my 1st I don't have any idea and sort.

So there are medical operations which needs to be done right after she was born.

I decided to have all operations 1 by one based on the facts that the doctors gave me and also the financial capacity I have.

She's well and good now..already 9, but after the 2nd operation, she went legally blind..fungus already ate her lense in the eye..legally blind means she can still see with the help of a very high eyeglasses Grade, aroung 1900..as early as 2mos, she already wears eyeglasses..

If I could have been prepared, Financially and Mentally, things could have turned out much better.

But still, she's the best gift ever..

Oh dear... So sorry to hear that :( Glad that she is okay now, and she will be, don't worry. You never know what it's like until you feel it on your skin. The most important thing is that she is alive and now healthy. :)

There was a time when I was too sure of myself, used to think that I'm "superior than norm" and that I only need to focus on myself, my work and short-lived amusements. Naive and prejudiced, I spent the "best" years of my life and youth, wasting them! I realized it too late that work isn't everything and found myself exhausted, depressed, socially distanced and in a pit of loneliness, having hurt my best friends and love of my life emotionally, not knowing how to gain back their trust because of betraying it one too many times out of selfishness.

I have tried to mend it since, but I'm still in a lower situation than I was before I dived down this path. I have my old friends and new, I'm still good friends with my ex, but we're not together and the fact that I hurt them aches me.

I have sworn to care about the people in my life, more than anything.

My biggest regret is that I can’t see my mom face before she died while I was working in foreign country which is far from home. 
. Every time I think about that, I’m still in pain 

the most regretful thing that I have done is giving a second chance to a girl that cheated on me. She keep doing it in secret after I gave her that second chance. After that she asked for another chance but for me it was over.