Jump to content
Stake Forum
Katarina

Online Dating

Featured Comment

Hello everyone! :)

Since we had quite an interesting conversation in the chat on this topic recently, I decided to create a topic about it here on the forum just to see what all of you guys think about this.

As you may have noticed, online dating (and Internet services in general) is permeating our society more and more with each new generation and thus the increased number of dating sites and apps. 

What would I like to know is whether any of you has ever used such a service and what was the outcome?

Do you find it a good way to meet a new partner? If not, why?

What would be the pros and cons of it (if any)?

 

I personally have never truly tried it. I did use a few websites when I was a teenager but have never really met someone, just chatting. I'm quite old-fashioned when it comes to this, so I prefer real-life meeting and dating. :x

 

I am looking forward to hearing opinions of as many of you as possible!

 

You may also check @gougou 's topic about Dating on Stake and say what you think about that idea. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok @Katarina.Your thread looks much better.

 

My introducion: @gougou

 

I am 42 yo olds lady with 4 kids from last night ,i work by myself in mykonos at summer selling my job wich is jewels from garbage i collect from beaches and sea.

I am married 12 years now.I met my husband in ios island in a party for singles where i was working as a barwoman.Waiting for you answers

 

P.S. : i like sexy talk but only for laugh,lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ,

I am Rack001 , people call me silly rack , I am here looking for a girl , (real girls only) , if you are a real girl , and think you look gorgeous PM meeh to apply for the post of GF :D !  

Thank you 

Good luck

Rack001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am old fashioned too, in the 1st place maybe because Im old.

But Im keeping my mind open.

Online dating can have several drawbacks, like for example people that publish pics that are from 10 years ago (this is very very common), or that they lie a lot on their current or past situation, including the emotional, financial or professional status, and can be even dangerous if you believe everything.

On the other hand, I also see that sometimes people can be more open and sincere online, specially on certain topics that are maybe uncomfortable face-to-face, one of the reasons for that is that the distance and anonymity gives you a certain protection. For shy people it can be a life-saver.

I know several ppl that had positive experiences. For example I have a friend that is 10+ years older than me, so he is old oooolddddd (all his hair is white), I always talked him about all the things that can be done on the internet so he joined an international dating site, his intention was dating woman here in Uruguay because he is divorced an was bored and lonely. After a pair of unsuccesful dates here, he found a woman from far away (Colombia) on that website and 15 year younger than him, they started chatting more and more, and after several months of online relationship he even travelled by plane to her place for 20 days, they had a great time and the relationship continues now, on internet.

Relationships that are born on the internet can be as good or as bad as the ones that start face-to-face.

Depends on both persons involved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, maverick528 said:

I am old fashioned too, in the 1st place maybe because Im old.

But Im keeping my mind open.

Online dating can have several drawbacks, like for example people that publish pics that are from 10 years ago (this is very very common), or that they lie a lot on their current or past situation, including the emotional, financial or professional status, and can be even dangerous if you believe everything.

On the other hand, I also see that sometimes people can be more open and sincere online, specially on certain topics that are maybe uncomfortable face-to-face, one of the reasons for that is that the distance and anonymity gives you a certain protection. For shy people it can be a life-saver.

I know several ppl that had positive experiences. For example I have a friend that is 10+ years older than me, so he is old oooolddddd (all his hair is white), I always talked him about all the things that can be done on the internet so he joined an international dating site, his intention was dating woman here in Uruguay because he is divorced an was bored and lonely. After a pair of unsuccesful dates here, he found a woman from far away (Colombia) on that website and 15 year younger than him, they started chatting more and more, and after several months of online relationship he even travelled by plane to her place for 20 days, they had a great time and the relationship continues now, on internet.

Relationships that are born on the internet can be as good or as bad as the ones that start face-to-face.

Depends on both persons involved.

 

when you mean old how old are you?

Tip question?did you flirt on mirc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also met my wife in Internet on Facebook, we corresponded for a long time and finally met, but we were from the same country. We have been living together for 10 years and we have a child. I was also conservative in acquaintance on the Internet and did not think that this could happen to me.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the detailed answer and for sharing this with us @maverick528 ! :) 

 

That is a truly lovely story and I'm really happy to hear that both of them are satisfied with the relationship. <3 

I hope there are more people with lovely stories like this one. :) 

 

@barbarisWoow! Thank you for this heart-warming story! It made my day! I wish you and your family all the best! <3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heya!

I never tried/used online dating sites.I do use to chat with girls on facebook when was in high school it works. :)

But I do think for some people this might be working if they are like legit for relationships or really want to get in. :D 

I see nowadays there are few sites/apps which directly contact you with a girl/men for guaranteed marriage and with all management stuff. So yea dating online works if someone of you is Single and want to be in a relationship.

Goodluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of, 97% of online dating is catfishing. And yes there is an amazing and sweet 3% somewhere. 

To get things right what the both of you want from the relationship should be stated from the beginning. Some date online just  for sexual reasons; some are insecure and want a total stranger to make them feel good or wanted, while some are genuine and want some thing good out of it. 

If it must work, proximity is key. At least the both of you should live where there is a high chance of seeing each other if things get serious. Vid chats, calls and pics ain't enough to define real. People are good at masking who they are, and the internet have lots of people living their dream personality (who they wish to be), and not who they really are. 

I am not discouraging anyone I'm a sucker for love irrespective of how and where I find it. I just want to be sure it is the real deal. For now online friends YES, online dating PENDING. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, chinny said:

First of, 97% of online dating is catfishing. And yes there is an amazing and sweet 3% somewhere. 

To get things right what the both of you want from the relationship should be stated from the beginning. Some date online just  for sexual reasons; some are insecure and want a total stranger to make them feel good or wanted, while some are genuine and want some thing good out of it. 

If it must work, proximity is key. At least the both of you should live where there is a high chance of seeing each other if things get serious. Vid chats, calls and pics ain't enough to define real. People are good at masking who they are, and the internet have lots of people living their dream personality (who they wish to be), and not who they really are. 

I am not discouraging anyone I'm a sucker for love irrespective of how and where I find it. I just want to be sure it is the real deal. For now online friends YES, online dating PENDING. 

 

Very very nice Chinny. Lots of true things there.

Anyway, if there was just a 1% chance, or even a 0.1% chance it will probably be worth trying. With care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barbaris said:

I also met my wife in Internet on Facebook, we corresponded for a long time and finally met, but we were from the same country. We have been living together for 10 years and we have a child. I was also conservative in acquaintance on the Internet and did not think that this could happen to me.:)

Are you male or female, looks your name is female. I also met wife on Facebook and got married, however we are looking to get kids soon. We were from same place and same area so that is the reason for accepting her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, suresh said:

Are you male or female, looks your name is female. I also met wife on Facebook and got married, however we are looking to get kids soon. We were from same place and same area so that is the reason for accepting her.

I am male. And this is not my real name. We have similar stories.:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, barbaris said:

I am male. And this is not my real name. We have similar stories.:o

Yep, I am not interested to marry her, because of different caste, however I have give up as it was my fault chatting with her. We here marry according ot the caste, but in these days Facebook is for dating in India.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maverick528 said:

Very very nice Chinny. Lots of true things there.

Anyway, if there was just a 1% chance, or even a 0.1% chance it will probably be worth trying. With care.

 

Mav Ikr! Gl to us all. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of scammers on dating sites! But of course, not all dating profiles are fake. And it takes time but you can find really good person on some sites. You may go through many before you find a good one but you can. In my opinion it's better to read few reviews of dating sites on https://gloriousbride.com/ before start using them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has it's pros and cons just as much as dating in real life does really. 
In my personal experience tho, as a male, you just kinda have to make a profile, fill it in, and browse.. then if someone is interested they will see you visited them, and maybe message you. This is for the fact that, every girl has a full inbox, of a bunch of dudes that are not even remotely in their league, and were they out in public, say at a bar.. They know damn good an well they would not have a chance, and wouldn't think of approaching that chic.. Online.. all these desperate nerds flood all the chics inboxes, destroying all chances of you getting a message to them.
 

I personally, like the part where you just get to know someone over a period of time, and slowly but surely, all them red flags will start to appear with out ever even having had to waste time going out with them yet. You start messaging, then it turns to texting... then a couple weeks later.. your phone dies or you leave it at home by accident, and when you turn your phone back on or get to it, you see a buncha crazy messages, because eventually they will show their true colors... and start throwing up the red flags for you, you just have to give em time :) 

It's worth having a profile , if you are playing the field, but unless you are just lookin for a booty call.. you should wait to meet someone and get to know them for a while, talk on a daily basis for a month or so before you jump in... it can be quite an awkward setting when you meet to soon and don't realize you really didn't cover all the important issues that truely make you a compatible pair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't have a profile on any online dating site. I really haven't had the time to be honest , don't get me wrong I have had a few on off boyfriends and 1 serious relationship that ended around 8 months ago, Apparently cheating was all the range when we split, (eye roll) .

Im actually fairly out going and speak my mind when i feel its needed and i guess that probably comes across as being loud maybe , i don't know ,

A couple of my friends close friends have used online dating , but have yet to find what they're looking for, I've seen some of the messages and request they receive on a daily bases and even i have said some of them look and sound too good to be true,  The advertisements that are everywhere these days are quite misleading if you ask me. Apparently they are supposed to match  your profile to someone who shares your interest, But in reality they are nothing  like what they make out to be.

I think I will just wait and let fate do its thing , If I'm meant to cross paths with that special someone, It will happen, probably when i least expect It. I'm not sure why but when i think of online dating I tend to think of the older generation despite that fact some of my use it , To me it's something i personally would only use later on life if I'm like 55 with saggy boobs and still single. (hopefully not)  ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I met a girl so she is very good to me as I am good with her and little by little we fell in love although the obstacle for us is distacia although someday we will see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

never used dating site... pros u can meet new people... cone pictures can be deceiving.. I do think its a good way too find a fuk for a night..... but nothing beats meeting someone at a Barr per say and  hitting it off right up to bat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just don't get how people get hookups on Tinder, for example, half of the users are bots and half are bored teenagers. I had my luck there but the time I waste to ooze through all the bs, just doesn't pay off. It's way better to be specific both about the region and sites made especially for the hookups. For instance, here's the list just perfect for San Diego hookups https://onlinehookupsites.com/san-diego-hookups/. If happened to be from the city, you're a lucky guy, now you know the trick.

Edited by Matronzek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×