Ghostnipple

Stake Staff: Adjust your tone please

Featured Comment

4ssbSY6.jpg

Please do not address me in this tone, it is as condescending as it is unhelpful. At best it is an excellent example of poor UI and it appears to be symptomatic of an attitude creeping through Stake at all levels*. That is an attitude that looks on players as an inconvenient nuisance. I suggest you consider the advice of Friedrich Nietzsche:

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”
― Friedrich  Nietzsche

* there are some individual exceptions.

So i guess you got muted right ? 
if that is true maybe you can show us why that is before blaming anyone else 😁

1 hour ago, Hugthis said:

So i guess you got muted right ? 
if that is true maybe you can show us why that is before blaming anyone else 😁

Your guess is incorrect.

Try to Separate fact from opinion, its a basic sign of intelligence.

3 hours ago, Ghostnipple said:

Your guess is incorrect.

Try to Separate fact from opinion, its a basic sign of intelligence.

I'm starting to see why you got muted, no offence.

14 minutes ago, Carl1995 said:

I'm starting to see why you got muted, no offence.

I was not muted. Why do you think that? oh the error message. 

You are mistaken I was not muted and did not receive the error message in that context. But your confusion illustrates my point. So thank you for your comment.

Guys chill I got this error message before not because I was muted but for a different reason, And Ghost it's so simple it's says ur not allowed to do that there is no offense in the message, what tone are you talking about there is no human talking to you. take it easy Ghost I feel you are exaggerating about it, have a good day :D 

What's wrong with that message? Alternatively it could be "You do not have the permission to do that", but I think it would make no difference for some snowflakes. If you want to be offended, you will be!

Besides, it's not the Stake Staff writing you that message. It's the code that tells you, you can't do what you were trying to do.

I am perfectly chill. The message is condescending and unhelpful. It does not explain what the error is it does help or assist me in any way. Good UI design would state what the problem is and suggest a solution. A computer did not write that message it was written by someone in Stake who decided that, that was an appropriate way to address the players.

4 minutes ago, cryptonesiac said:

What's wrong with that message? Alternatively it could be "You do not have the permission to do that", but I think it would make no difference for some snowflakes. If you want to be offended, you will be!

Besides, it's not the Stake Staff writing you that message. It's the code that tells you, you can't do what you were trying to do.

I was trying to log in. I have professional expertise in UI Design, so I know how to evaluate user feedback. Not everyone has that expertise. Ive taken the time to share my expertise freely, I dont see what the issue is. 

OK, so either you're really not allowed to login (banned) or the message should say something like: "your credentials do not match".

Context is important in your allegations though

2 minutes ago, cryptonesiac said:

OK, so either you're really not allowed to login (banned) or the message should say something like: "your credentials do not match".

Context is important in your allegations though

I agree, "your credentials do not match" would be helpful if that is what the issue is. That error message is used in a range of contexts, which is what makes it confusing.

6 minutes ago, Ghostnipple said:

I agree, "your credentials do not match" would be helpful if that is what the issue is. That error message is used in a range of contexts, which is what makes it confusing.

You know what to do, you are not a new user and you know that in such situations you need to contact support. Please contact support and they will tell you what the problem is :)