Discord removal

Featured Comment

Darn that's very sad to see discord server go ūüėʬ†I am an active member on there as I love the discord app and have used it for years , so naturally when I found out stake had a discord I was really excited, I never managed to win one of the giveaways, but one of my favorite memories was climbing through the ranks and fulfilling¬†each requirement, aswell having¬†a place to chat with my friends from stake.¬† Going to miss it very much, but from your guys perspective I totally understand, the amount of scammers is ridiculous and I hope everyone manages to stay safe now.

First private messages and friends on the site getting removed, then payed posts on forum getting removed killing any activity around here, now the discord server gets closed too. Why are we not just removing any community features this website has and only keep the games and destroy all the fun, this sounds like an amazing idea. Maybe remove the chat in the next step.

I'm sorry, but I think this is the absolute wrong way to handle all of this and way of an overkill. It's like if a city removes all the stores in their town, so criminals can no longer rob them, instead of doing something against the criminals.

Also I don't want any prize for that, thank you very much. This is like the 3rd change in a row going against community-stuff on this site and I just wish we would see something positive for the community too once in a while.

Thats sad man I will always remember the days setting an alarm and waking up in the middle of a night to enter the discord giveaway and never miss them and those days collectiong forum posts and increasing the wagger to grind and get the next role in discord...but its gone now anyway... let it go for good 
RIP stake discordūüíĒ

3 hours ago, JackStraw42 said:

who are these idiots getting scammed ruining private messages and discord for everyone.

Word.

As for the memories. Rebuilding servers from the scratch (sometimes twice a day) was helluva fun :D Like, nope, you can't defeat us! :D 

First, I woulf like to thank STAKE especially Dose and all the MODs who spent time making challenges, reading all entries one by one and entertaining querries on the platform.

Gonna miss the chat, there are good people there. 

My best experience would be my 1st win, it was hard to enter and i really exerted effort to reach the requirements, im now on 232 post and wanted to to be able to join legendary but was suprise today of this event.

I won 3$ on my 1st win, never thought it is possible, and after got 2nd third and so on..also got picked on challenges, and i get to know Mods and Supports with my stories and experience. I became close to most especially @Faris and @Nevena.

It is really very suprising but i do know that stake is doing its best for the community.

I do hope people stop taking advantages of these kind of platforms.

See u arpung Discordūü§ó

My best memory was when the discord was just new and there was still the 10 minutes giveaways because I mostly won there. Also when I was eligible for Elite role.

Stake discord will be missed but I understand why it was removed since I also receive suspicious messages from random people esp those "fixers".

Thanks for all the fun with the discord server. It was really fun to sometimes win the GA, and the social challenges. 

Really sad and horrible about these scammers/spammers and the victims. Ruining some of the fun that Stake so generously offers and makes Stake kinda unique. It is hard to believe people still fall for the old tricks of the scammers, the function of being able to send funds to another user should be disabled, if need to send it should first be sent to a third party to verify the other user. (third party verification) 

Let's hope twitter, telegram and twitch challenges will not be affected....

This is sad but totally understandable.  I have also had many many people trying to scam and impersonate people. Once had an Eddie imposter who used his profile pic and all trying to do a depo bonus scam.  Checking discord every day for the giveaways has been a thing for so long every day that I think I will continue to check once in a while forgetting for a week or 2 :). RIP Discord :)

My best experience? Well wouldn't it be seeing the discord chat kind of dead when there's no discord giveaway, but the discord chat alive and full of things when there are challenges xD.

Basically my fondest memory was how people scammed, people mass dmed, people had alts to win giveaways, and how people chatted there only for the money

7 hours ago, JacksonPalmer said:

First private messages and friends on the site getting removed, then payed posts on forum getting removed killing any activity around here, now the discord server gets closed too. Why are we not just removing any community features this website has and only keep the games and destroy all the fun, this sounds like an amazing idea. Maybe remove the chat in the next step.

I'm sorry, but I think this is the absolute wrong way to handle all of this and way of an overkill. It's like if a city removes all the stores in their town, so criminals can no longer rob them, instead of doing something against the criminals.

Also I don't want any prize for that, thank you very much. This is like the 3rd change in a row going against community-stuff on this site and I just wish we would see something positive for the community too once in a while.

I completely agree with you and @nikowin88. It seems all aspects of the "community" are getting removed. Don't be surprised if the chat disappears too, at this rate it seems highly probable. 

12 hours ago, Steve said:

Unfortunately the discord server is getting to the point where it's causing more harm than good and it's a tough decision to let go but it will be beneficial to the Stake community as a whole moving forward. If you're in the server you probably understand already what's going on with the amount of people sending scam messages and trying to steal your coins through discord.

The amount of complaints we're receiving from the community about being scammed or people attempting to scam them through discord is only increasing as the days go and the amount of bots flooding things such as the public giveaways is also increasing. Another big problem is people impersonating Stake staff members in an attempt to gain your trust. From here you can be certain of impostors because we will no longer be using discord.

I'll certainly miss the server myself and if anyone was around from the beginning you'll remember the struggle of keeping one open! Rest in peace Stake discord you'll always be a positive memory!

Comment below your best Stake discord memories for a chance to win a prize!

Hi Steve,

I have earned $ 1, $ 2, and $ 3 before .... although I don't get it often, thanks for team Stake, but now discord elimination, what is the team stake decision about discord .... i hopefully it is the best, thank you once again for the memories that happened :)

i joined discord in late 2019... and always active had a lot of fun with stake staff members especially with dan his humour always made me laugh i mean what a great community was in discord group everyone was so good to each other.

what good¬† vibes it was missing so badly ūüėĒ ... you'll always be missed and i wish that stake will come up with new discord server with security will miss ya :(