Takezo Kensei Chess Invitational 2020 ($1000 Prize)

Featured Comment

chess.thumb.png.db7e9e77735b2b7785dcfdf886d767fc.png

Takezo Kensei Chess Invitational 2020 ($1000 Prize)

Dates: 11/24/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT - 11/27/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT

*Free Entry*

Deadline To Accept Invite: 11/22/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT

Ratings: < 1850

Welcome to the 1st Annual Takezo Kensei Chess Invitational! I have been a Stake Member for almost a year now and have noticed we have quite a few extraordinary Chess Players. It would be my honor to host a Tournament for Stake's Chess Community so we can enjoy a Fair, Fun, and "Perfectly Splendid" evening of Chess. New players are encouraged and welcome. You have 1 month to prepare.

Eligibility To Participate:  

Guidelines.  The following pertains to players wishing to receive invitations to this event. 

a.      Lichess.org membership requirement.  Every player must be a member of Lichess.org & have an account in good standing at the time of the deadline specified above. 

b.      Stake.com Account requirement. Every player must have a Stake account in good standing at the time of the deadline specified above. Prizes will be distributed via Stake's tip feature only, no exceptions.

Note: Invitations are a privilege, not a right, and are not afforded to any player by virtue of his or her status as a Stake member. I reserve the right to disqualify any player at any time for any legitimate reason.

Activity Requirements Pre-Tournament   

Each player must complete the following Activity BEFORE the deadline specified above.

1)    Each player must play at least 30 Rated Rapid Lichess.org games against similar strength opponents.

a)   All games must be rated.  Games that are not Rapid format do not count.

b)   For games to be counted as “activity” they must be against players of strength as noted above. 

c)   Any player who fails to play at least 30 Rated Rapid games as defined above before the deadline will not be considered eligible. 

Rating Requirements

a.   Each Player must have an established Chess rating.

b.   Only Ratings of <1850 will be eligible for this event.

Prize Pool Distribution: 

Under 8 entries: Cancelled event

8 - 16 entries: $500 prize

17 - 32 entries: $1,000 prize

33+ entries: Prize TBD 

Winners: 

1st Place 

- 80% Prize Pool 

- Pawn Emoji ♟️ aside Stake username in chat until next Tournament ( Hopefully Stake allows this....I haven't asked yet lol)

2nd Place

- 20% Prize Pool

How to enter the Takezo Kensei Chess Invitational 2020 

- Go to Lichess.org, Create an account there.

- Play at least 30 Rated Rapid games with opponents similar in strength. Before the deadline specified above.

- Go to Stake.com, create an account if you are not already a Stake member. Use a VPN if needed to employ anonymity.

- Reply to this Post with both your Stake and Lichess.org Username. The Player list will be updated as more people enter. 

Rules

1)   General Info

- When you enter the Takezo Kensei Chess Invitational 2020, write your Stake username and your Lichess username in this topic.

- We can use this thread for discussion as well, you can ask whatever you need help with below. 

- On 11/22/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT, this thread will be locked and all eligible players will be determined and placed in a players list using     https://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator

- On 11/23/20 8:00 PM GMT, The Tournament bracket will be posted in Stake chat and this thread. All players will now be able to see their match-ups.

- Give it up to 48 hours after the last game for the prizes to be paid out. Time may be needed to conduct investigations for authenticity of honest gameplay.

- One Entry Per Household.

2)   Tournament Layout

a.   - This is a Single-Elimination tournament whereas players will be randomly matched up and play in a Bo3 (Best of 3) series. First to 2 wins moves on. Stalemates or Drawn' matches must be replayed.

b.   - All matches will be Rapid style, 10 Minutes at length with 5 seconds added after every move. AKA - 10/5

c.   - Dates:

If 8 - 16 Entries

Round 1 - 11/24/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT

Round 2, 3, & Championship Round - 11/25/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT

If 32 Entries

Round 1 - 11/24/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT

Round 2 & 3 - 11/25/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT

Thanksgiving - 11/26/20 (Holiday Break) 

Round 4 & Championship Round - 11/27/20 @ 8:00 PM GMT

d. Some players may be afforded Bye's due to seeding depending on the number of entries. These bye's will solely be determined by luck of the draw.

Anti Cheating

Let's be adults here. I will not talk your ears off explaining what you should already know. However, if you need a reminder, please go to https://lichess.org/terms-of-service and pay close attention to what you cannot do. Do not Cheat. Lichess has software to pick up on Engine patterns and it will be relatively easy to catch.

- If you are suspected of cheating, an investigation will be conducted. All games are recorded on Lichess, and if you are found to be using outside assistance, such as, but not limited to Progs, engines, or endgame tables, you will automatically be disqualified and will NEVER be eligible for another Takezo sponsored Tournament again. 

If you suspect someone has cheated, please contact me on TG or Discord personally. Do not dirty this up by throwing unwarranted accusations simply because you were defeated. All accusations will be taken seriously. 

*This is NOT a Stake Sponsored Event. All activities and distributed prizes are the responsibility of Takezo Kensei*

**If I left anything out, please feel free to give suggestions.  Being this is the first Tourney, all suggestions for improvement will be considered.**

Edited by Takezo Kensei
Added Clarification for Tournament Layout
  • Darko changed the title to Takezo Kensei Chess Invitational 2020 ($1000 Prize)
On 11/7/2020 at 11:20 AM, DariusBrasov said:

guys I recommend you the series from Netflix, the queen's gambit. It's a very nice series with chess.

I have watched this and enjoyed every second of it. Such a masterful piece of work. Btw @DariusBrasov, I tend to watch people's games when I'm bored...I've been watching you play. You're definitely improving. Keep getting better. 😉 

13 hours ago, Sakmaestro said:

Yikes, he's using engine. 

The tournament will start at 11/24/20 8 PM GMT right? And I'm 8 hrs ahead which means, it's 4 A.M in the morning here but I'll still try to play. 😊

Ok, so here's the deal with scheduling. On the 23rd, you'll know who you're playing. Come to the forum, or meet them in chat and work out a time to play on the 24th. You can post the link in chat or in this thread. All invites must be ranked Rapid 10/5. 8 pm GMT on the 24th starts the clock, meaning you have 24 hours to play your scheduled match. If your opponent is a no show, you automatically move on to next round. 

Edited by Takezo Kensei
13 hours ago, Takezo Kensei said:

Ok, so here's the deal with scheduling. On the 23rd, you'll know who you're playing. Come to the forum, or meet them in chat and work out a time to play on the 24th. You can post the link in chat or in this thread. All invites must be ranked Rapid 10/5. 8 pm GMT on the 24th starts the clock, meaning you have 24 hours to play your scheduled match. If your opponent is a no show, you automatically move on to next round. 

This one seems convenient, thanks.

Dear Host 

I kindly request to reduce the eligibility rating because <1800 is hard to get within a short period of time. If you don't mind can you please remove the restrictions of <1800 rating. I believe that a tournament should have an opportunity by everyone to participate in it. I have checked other players profile and some are no where near the 1800 mark. Please take this request to your consideration.

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, Bamopa said:

Dear Host 

I kindly request to reduce the eligibility rating because <1800 is hard to get within a short period of time. If you don't mind can you please remove the restrictions of <1800 rating. I believe that a tournament should have an opportunity by everyone to participate in it. I have checked other players profile and some are no where near the 1800 mark. Please take this request to your consideration.

Thank you.

Bro it's under 1800, ratings higher than 1800 are not eligible coz they're way out of our league. I've checked all of the participants and all of them are UNDER 1800 which is good.

As of now we have 7 Eligible players.

@petikemas @Sakmaestro @DariusBrasov @hoodzfavorite @Takezo Kensei @Bamopa @Pandarian

Ineligible -

@Tarrterr @kodark - Accounts flagged for Computer Assistance 

@oli001r - Reverse boosting 

As noted above, without 8 players, this Tourney will be cancelled and rescheduled for later date. Which sucks, cause I gave a month + heads up...Smh

Edited by Takezo Kensei