Eddie Stream Giveaway - Minimum of 50 posts needed

Featured Comment

There is no point in denying it, it is blatant that multi accounts are coming to the forum to enter the stream giveaway on a Saturday. Not only does this lower the odds for people to win, it is a waste of time and resources for the staff that have to remove these accounts and in most cases, ban them.

So then, what could be a solution for this?

Personally, I think that a minimum of 50 post is a reasonable amount, with my reasoning below:

-->A legitimate account getting at least 50 posts isn't impossible, It would take around 5-10 days of genuine comments and discussions

-->It can reduce the incentive for people to multi account. If an account is banned with 10 posts, that isn't an issue to the person cheating. It is extremely easy for them to make a new account and get in 10 posts in a day. By increasing it to 50, it would be a huge cost for someone to get banned, therefore decreasing the incentive for someone to cheat

-->It can increase forum activity again, without the need for the old "pay-per-post" system. Before, people would earn a small amount of satoshis per comment, and there isn't really an incentive for people to comment on the forum. If this were to increase to 50, it would be an accomplishment for new players to get up to 50 posts, letting them know more about the community and have in depth conversations with other members at the same time.

-->Everyone can have an equal chance in winning. If all accounts are active on the forum and each person is legitimate, the odds of you winning will drastically increase. If you thought that there is bias between everyone that is being picked, if everyone is a legitimate account and the staff know this, this could increase the likelihood of you winning as they know that you are a genuine customer.

Overall, I think that a minimum of 10 post count for the stream giveaway is a huge disadvantage for the community, having an equal negative effect on both players and the site. Increasing this to a more challenging but realistic amount, not only reduces cheating, it improves the morale of the Stake community.

Edited by Thepug

How about people dont use forum like me, i dont participate on vip chalanges or type to much here. Should i start spaming the topics to get 100 posts like u said. I never won on eddie stream but i dont care. There are ppl who stay on chat site all day and they are seems by mods differently. yeah ppl can make multi account but i understand moderators can see that ...

20-50 post are fine to me 100 i think is to much

Edited by pocstar

I kinda agree with you there, as 10 posts are really easy to get, but if you look over the forum it is even really easy to get like 25. I think 100 might be a little bit over the top though. So I would be fine if we raise the required amount to 50.

And to the one mentioning that only VIP wins and these new accounts will not win anyway, you forgot that there are 2 random winners every round too.

34 minutes ago, Thepug said:

There is no point in denying it, it is blatant that multi accounts are coming to the forum to enter the stream giveaway on a Saturday. Not only does this lower the odds for people to win, it is a waste of time and resources for the staff that have to remove these accounts and in most cases, ban them.

So then, what could be a solution for this?

Personally, I think that a minimum of 100 post is a reasonable amount, with my reasoning below:

-->A legitimate account getting at least 100 posts isn't impossible, It would take around 10-15 days of genuine comments and discussions

-->It can reduce the incentive for people to multi account. If an account is banned with 10 posts, that isn't an issue to the person cheating. It is extremely easy for them to make a new account and get in 10 posts in a day. By increasing it to 100, it would be a huge cost for someone to get banned, therefore decreasing the incentive for someone to cheat

-->It can increase forum activity again, without the need for the old "pay-per-post" system. Before, people would earn a small amount of satoshis per comment, and there isn't really an incentive for people to comment on the forum. If this were to increase to 100, it would be an accomplishment for new players to get up to 100 posts, letting them know more about the community and have in depth conversations with other members at the same time.

-->Everyone can have an equal chance in winning. If all accounts are active on the forum and each person is legitimate, the odds of you winning will drastically increase. If you thought that there is bias between everyone that is being picked, if everyone is a legitimate account and the staff know this, this could increase the likelihood of you winning as they know that you are a genuine customer.

Overall, I think that a minimum of 10 post count for the stream giveaway is a huge disadvantage for the community, having an equal negative effect on both players and the site. Increasing this to a more challenging but realistic amount, not only reduces cheating, it improves the morale of the Stake community.

Who makes the law, deceives. In the end I think there are always people who want more and more. Now with the keyword I think it shows who is attentive and who is not, although I don't know if the Mods take it into account.

I think the best solution is to punish those who cheat and not punish those who are responsible.

100 messages may not sound like a lot, but for those who don't speak English it can be very tedious.

1 hour ago, JacksonPalmer said:

I kinda agree with you there, as 10 posts are really easy to get, but if you look over the forum it is even really easy to get like 25. I think 100 might be a little bit over the top though. So I would be fine if we raise the required amount to 50.

And to the one mentioning that only VIP wins and these new accounts will not win anyway, you forgot that there are 2 random winners every round too.

Yeah I don't think that 100 is a realistic number, and maybe it is going overboard, but it is just an idea. Reading through the comments I do think that 50 is more realistic and more achievable.

The matter of the fact is that a minimum of 10 posts is just way too small for a punishment, if the account is banned.

Also, multi accounting will be less frequent if people have to post 50 times. The incentive to cheat will decrease and there will be more legitimate accounts.

Personally, it doesn't bother me if I do or don't win, it's just losing about losing fairly :)

I'm one of the people who is only coming on the forums when I have time or when Eddie is streaming. I'm not a very social person and I'd hate to post on the forum just because I need to have a high post count. If I have nothing meaningful to say, I should not have to post nonsense. That's just my opinion.

Suggestion: A better way to weed out multi accounts is to only allow BRONZE or better accounts to post in Eddie's giveaway thread.

Just my 2 cents on it. 😃

p.s. I'm platinum account.

Edited by Muppet

I didn't quite understand what you want from us. I stopped writing on the forum until the payment was canceled on the forum, due to the fact that the alpha mod gave me mutes, because of spaces, naming the reason (that I thus increase the number of characters in order to receive more payment). But I always write a lot in the topic, revealing the essence of my opinion and those spaces between the commas do not in any way affect the number of characters when paying, it is in my message. I always and everywhere write like this ( , ). It is very difficult and takes a long time to correct the text by removing the extra spaces that the alpha does not like. 

I translated the text in Google and Google put the commas and periods as it should. In Russian it looks like this: Привет ребята , как дела , как жизнь ? Я пишу со смартфона , а вы ?

And about bias, I'm sure it's common among mods and support. Always the same players win on Eddie's streams, although many people write an additional word in their message, heard on the stream in tweet. And not always who wins, it happens on the stream on the air.

Also in this topic,

I scored the same number of points with this player Baqee, who published the record later than me and his goal is further from mine in minutes, but they gave him a prize, not me

Boosting posts for newbies don't think that's a good idea. I brought a newbie and told him to participate in the competition, you need to write 10 messages on the forum. He had a fight and closed the dice completely. If you return the payments, then perhaps beginners will strive to add something new to the forum in the form of their opinions)))

• 4 weeks later...