Stake Forum
oxywizard

Flat earth

Featured Comment

Does this look flat to you? :P

And how do you explain the simple fact that if you fly in a straight forward direction you will end up where you started after a certain amount of time?...

4 minutes ago, oxywizard said:

you actually don't dude, you will keep going, do you know if the plane keeps going straight it will start to leave earths atmosphere in 5 minutes unless they keep tilting the plane which they don't :D

If you keep going on the horizontal lane tho (only straight) you will hit the same horizontal position you started at tho. And if you say you will leave the atmosphere that means you think the earth is round... xD

no im saying its not round, thats why i said they dont tilt it and, no it would leave earth, imagine a ball, bring a pen and fly it over it straight, it would leave earth if they dont adjust the plane every couple of minutes and they never do. also you cant see curve from a window plane 

1 minute ago, Snike said:

If you keep going on the horizontal lane tho (only straight) you will hit the same horizontal position you started at tho. And if you say you will leave the atmosphere that means you think the earth is round... xD

10 minutes ago, oxywizard said:

you actually don't dude, you will keep going, do you know if the plane keeps going straight it will start to leave earths atmosphere in 5 minutes unless they keep tilting the plane which they don't :D

That is because of gravity. A typical plane isn't capable of escaping Earth's gravity/exiting the atmosphere. The Earth is a sphere whose gravity pulls objects toward its center of mass.

You really believe the Earth is flat because an ancient book said so? :P

do you know science it self doesn't know whats gravity ? they can measure it and do all sorts of stuff with it but they dont know what it is, maybe you'll say magnets inside earth, but we only reached  12,262 metre out of 2800km drilling inside earth, and yes gravity would try to grab the plane to keep it inside earth but they still have to adjust with insane amount of speed which really affects gravity force :D 

7 minutes ago, LtTofu said:

That is because of gravity. A typical plane isn't capable of escaping Earth's gravity/exiting the atmosphere. The Earth is a sphere whose gravity pulls objects toward its center of mass.

You really believe the Earth is flat because an ancient book said so? :P

look my answer above, and that ancient book has facts about the entire times of existence, the past and the future 

Edited by oxywizard

That book contains lots of inaccuracies. And no book contains a verifiable record of the FUTURE. hee. It also contains what amounts to hate speech in the modern world.

As for gravity- Einstein's theories regarding it are the most widely accepted by the scientific community. It involves curvature of space-time based on mass, similar to if you were to drop a bowling ball into a stretched-out blanket, followed by some golf balls. The golf balls would roll toward the dip created by the bowling ball. Read up on it- it's a very interesting subject!

4 minutes ago, LtTofu said:

That book contains lots of inaccuracies. And no book contains a verifiable record of the FUTURE. hee. It also contains what amounts to hate speech in the modern world.

As for gravity- Einstein's theories regarding it are the most widely accepted by the scientific community. It involves curvature of space-time based on mass, similar to if you were to drop a bowling ball into a stretched-out blanket, followed by some golf balls. The golf balls would roll toward the dip created by the bowling ball. Read up on it- it's a very interesting subject!

this book actually did. look moon crack in quranic verses and scientist confirmed the moon cracking, and many other facts. and i understand but that means there must be a surface that the ball must be dropped at which there is only space and everything is just floating around us at precise ratios 

Please stop thinking like if we were still in the 15th century, it's time to stop the conspiracy shit about anything and just use your brain instead of following stupid theories all around the world just to make you feel different/rebel/not sheep.

7 Ways to Prove the Earth Is Round (Without Launching a Satellite) : https://www.livescience.com/60544-ways-to-prove-earth-is-round.html

Even a Kid Can Prove the Earth Is Round: Here's How : https://www.space.com/38931-kids-can-prove-earth-round.html

7 hours ago, oxywizard said:

what do you people think? is it flat ? is it round? explain in 1 reason :D

me personally i think its flat, because my religion states that it is :D but also many other reasons 

What time it is you are living dude, it's 2017.. And now you've created a topic asking whether the Earth is flat or round..??

That's insane. The Earth is pretty curved and it's been proved in few hundreds of years ago..

We need satellites because a signal cannot pass, still coherent, through the center of the Earth and reach something on the other side. Satellites in different positions around the Earth are used to relay these signals. If the Earth were flat, we'd be able to use line-of-sight microwave communications and not waste loads of money and resources putting satellites in orbit.

Every satellite dish and GPS device you encounter daily is proof of a round Earth, as we've known for centuries before such tech.

People who believe in a flat Earth deny the very facts that allow them to exist!

Edited by LtTofu

45 minutes ago, oxywizard said:

haha yes because thats what they want them to grow up thinking

No offense buddy.I did not mean that. Maybe you think otherwise. It has long been proven that the earth is round.

4 hours ago, oxywizard said:

dont believe everything in the past we're in 2017, people have spotted the lies

many people do, astronauts are pro liars 

I can't argue with the crazy part of Youtube: they don't respond to reason. But I will say this. His description reads:

"Most satellites they tell us are orbiting the earth. Well obviously the satellite dish on your house couldn't be pointing to any of them or you'd lose signal constantly, especially when the satellite you were pointing at around noon is on the other side of the earth hours later.Most satellites they tell us are orbiting the earth. Well obviously the satellite dish on your house couldn't be pointing to any of them or you'd lose signal constantly, especially when the satellite you were pointing at around noon is on the other side of the earth hours later."

... #1, satellites are configured in networks- you aren't communicating with just one. For example, to get a stable and accurate GPS signal, it's best to get sync'd with 5 satellites (the more the better!) This also goes for time standards (atomic clocks) that standardize time worldwide using satellites. Less links to satellites = less accuracy or no usable data (think Triangulation, but it works by comparing time signals, another interesting read)

#2, this guy has never heard of satellites in geostationary orbit that are essentially in the same location (relative to the ground), synchronized with the Earth's rotation. The satellite you communicate with is not necessarily going to the other side of the Earth like the sun appears to due to the Earth's rotation.

I can't believe I'm even arguing this- it's unfounded nonsense

Edited by LtTofu

5 hours ago, LtTofu said:

I can't argue with the crazy part of Youtube: they don't respond to reason. But I will say this. His description reads:

"Most satellites they tell us are orbiting the earth. Well obviously the satellite dish on your house couldn't be pointing to any of them or you'd lose signal constantly, especially when the satellite you were pointing at around noon is on the other side of the earth hours later.Most satellites they tell us are orbiting the earth. Well obviously the satellite dish on your house couldn't be pointing to any of them or you'd lose signal constantly, especially when the satellite you were pointing at around noon is on the other side of the earth hours later."

... #1, satellites are configured in networks- you aren't communicating with just one. For example, to get a stable and accurate GPS signal, it's best to get sync'd with 5 satellites (the more the better!) This also goes for time standards (atomic clocks) that standardize time worldwide using satellites. Less links to satellites = less accuracy or no usable data (think Triangulation, but it works by comparing time signals, another interesting read)

#2, this guy has never heard of satellites in geostationary orbit that are essentially in the same location (relative to the ground), synchronized with the Earth's rotation. The satellite you communicate with is not necessarily going to the other side of the Earth like the sun appears to due to the Earth's rotation.

I can't believe I'm even arguing this- it's unfounded nonsense

Well I think we’re all fooled in this new world order and they make everything too real and give us too much info so we never look it up for what it really is but maybe I’m wrong I don’t know but this is what I believe and see with my eyes, and it actually makes more sense to me than it being round, also I have never seen any satellites in the sky ever 

34 minutes ago, oxywizard said:

Well I think we’re all fooled in this new world order and they make everything too real and give us too much info so we never look it up for what it really is but maybe I’m wrong I don’t know but this is what I believe and see with my eyes, and it actually makes more sense to me than it being round, also I have never seen any satellites in the sky ever 

I've seen one or two. Also some planets and a killer meteor shower.