Viksen

Medical fasting/starvation diet

Featured Comment

Very cool, this is just water? for this amount of time? 

My friend has done this before, I tried it, managed 4 days. 

I'm thinking of trying it again in the new year. I found first 2 days were tough but then physically it was ok, it was just psychological craving to want to eat something that caved me in. 

I had a prop bet with my friend, the first one to come off before the 30 day time we set has to eat dog food... I came off first, but luckily I was let off without having to eat dog food ;/ 

But yeah want to try again in new year. 

Do you find you lost much weight in your 25 day fast? Did any of it stay off?

How did you handle socializing? or did you just cut that back?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SuddenlyBroke said:

Very cool, this is just water? for this amount of time? 

My friend has done this before, I tried it, managed 4 days. 

I'm thinking of trying it again in the new year. I found first 2 days were tough but then physically it was ok, it was just psychological craving to want to eat something that caved me in. 

I had a prop bet with my friend, the first one to come off before the 30 day time we set has to eat dog food... I came off first, but luckily I was let off without having to eat dog food ;/ 

But yeah want to try again in new year. 

Do you find you lost much weight in your 25 day fast? Did any of it stay off?

How did you handle socializing? or did you just cut that back?

just water

I lost first time 13 kg

second - 18kg

third  - 18kg

I didn`t have a problem with socializing. but if I need to speak with somebody I always got with me brush and toothpaste because I afraid of my breath/ this is a most uncofortable thing in starvation 

2 minutes ago, Viksen said:

I always got with me brush and toothpaste because I afraid of my breath/ this is a most uncofortable thing in starvation 

haha yes about the only uncool side effect of Ketosis I think! 

How was your energy levels like in days 10+ ? How about when you was at day 20? Did you still manage to function normally , or did you have to rest a lot?

Posted (edited)
On 31.12.2017 at 5:55 PM, SuddenlyBroke said:

How was your energy levels like in days 10+ ? How about when you was at day 20? Did you still manage to function normally , or did you have to rest a lot?

I hadn't any problem with my energy levels at all/ First experience of starvations I also slept less then ever / I had a lot of energy and 2-4 hours sleeping at night

18 hours ago, RicciRivero said:

fasting? just water right? i still didnt have any experience of that. :) many muslims are doing this its traditional i guess. ill try this when i feel heavy haha. thankyou

yes just water. Once I had 4 days starvation without water

Not many muslims had this experience . Ramadan isn`t strvation/ Ramadan - fasting during the daytime. Until the sun sets. Then you can eat

Edited by Viksen

Posted (edited)

My friend is 3 days into a water fast... I decided to join him... Christmas was a lot of partying! 

Time for a bit of regeneration xD my record is 2 days water fast haha, so looking to at least excel that this time, but plan is 40 days. 

Edit

OK I failed even my 2 day record, and lasted.... 13 hours. 

I'm really not cut out for this water fasting xD

Edited by SuddenlyBroke