Gambling addiction

Featured Comment

Hi there, gamblers!

I wanted to make this post to see whether there are people addicted to gambling, and if so, if they are trying to stop it. 

I will be the first to start and feel free to comment under! :)

Today I had my first therapy as I had lost slightly over 9000€, which is a lot considering we earn around 8500€ per year here. The addiction dragged me down badly, I couln't talk with my friends, with my girlfriend and everytime I had free time, I gambled. I decided to change this, gambling is fun and all, but can you handle your mind? Sadly, I couldn't, therefore my addiction got out of my hands. I also wanted to suicide but luckily I am not that weak to do so. I will be a part of stake forever and I will definitely throw few bucks here and there but my gambling journey is coming to an end and a new journey is starting. The reason I started with therapy is I always chase my losses and I lie about my gambling addiction. 

Is there anybody with similar problems? Feel free to talk :)

• 1 month later...

Yes, this is a very important after-effect of the gambling world. This is because many take gambling as an activity and not as entertainment.

Winning is good and when tested becomes difficult to stop. So we usually want more and more and more. And we can't win every time, so we keep betting, and without knowing we fall into an addiction which later is very difficult to quit.

In these cases, you should better seek help from responsible services.

The first step is to acknowledge you are addicted.  

• 4 weeks later...

I wish more people would talk and be open about this. It gets easier and more manageable when you get help. Just awareness of the issue is the first step, hope you're still doing well and same to everyone else who sees this!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

My husband had a slight gambling addiction two years ago, but we got lucky to treat it when it wasn't at its worst. Well, he did lose quite a lot from our money and one car, but we managed to get him back. :D I learned a lot about this domain, and we got lucky to find great programs for him from https://fherehab.com/learning/addictive-personality-quiz/, which also assisted me with information on how to handle the situation. Now, he is totally changed, and that is because of the excellent programs and help we found back then.

Edited by BlancaColucci
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.