Stake Forum
Kargai

Keep an Eye Out for These Bitcoin Tech Trends in 2018

Featured Comment

In this article you will see that if 2017 was an amazing year for Bitcoin, 2018 could be even better. Not from a financial point of view but from a technological one.

Don't forget that 2017 was only the first year were Bitcoin was massively used around the world, and he could't follow the rise of users ... making the network slow (lots of unconfirmed transactions) and expensive (high fees). But some new tech could help the blockchain to have a better future.

For example Segwit was implemented in august 2017, the problem is : lots of exchanges, wallets or services ... simply don't use it. But that transition will be better in 2018 because the core wallet will allow every users to accept and send SegWit transactions (ETA is may 2018). Coinbase plan to upgrade to Segwit in 2018 too.

sidechain2018.width-800.jpg

That will be the first step to decrease the fees and the time for confirmations. But Lightning Network will be an important second step. The promises are to enable near-free transactions and instant confirmations, all while leveraging Bitcoin’s security.

Want more features ? An increased privacy through TumbleBit and ZeroLink sounds good ? What about the best type of cryptographic signatures in the field (Schnorr Signatures) ? Or sidechains ?

As you see, a lot can be done to make BTC wayyyyyyy better and more usable on the long term. There is a bright future for it if everything fall in place.

Source & details : https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/keep-eye-out-these-bitcoins-tech-trends-2018/

I am waiting for lighting network to be implemented because these fees destroy the beauty of bitcoin. I have heard that wirh lighting network the fee is going to be only about 0.5$ per transaction wich would be extremely nice.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:44 AM, wilberthh said:

I think 2018 will be the year of altcoins. As long as lightning Network not yet released, I think bitcoin will going nowhere.

I agree too, 2018 will be altcoin's showdown and Bitcoin's question of crashing or holding will be asked this year for sure.