I was a $5000 winner in the June 5th 100k giveaway. I can't claim!

DragonL80

Featured Comment

On 7/14/2021 at 1:53 PM, baarttv said:

"it was 5000 of 50000." the 5 june but nevermind

lets wait and see whats happens for you , i hope you will get your prize, if you deserve it

No June 5th was 100k see the screenshots

Just now, 7thRebuke said:

Eddie said last stream , He'll sort it out for you, and You'll still gonna get it. Maybe message the Support again

Homely i would love that. They make it right with me I'll give them the account creation flaw without even asking for a bug Bounty payout

If Eddie or Steve sees this all you have to do is just send me a chat. Tell me how to claim my prize and I will give you all the information I have regarding the account creation flaw

1 minute ago, Mystik said:

I would contact them again because Eddie and Steve both said you would still be able to claim it, if not then that's fked

Honestly I would rather deal with Eddie or Steve directly because I've not had the greatest of luck with the rest of support as you've seen in the screenshots if Eddie or Steve say they'll make it right I would prefer that Eddie or Steve reach out to me

It appears to me that over the last 6 months the stake persona has split and a kind of Jekyll and Hyde character has emerged.

One side is devious and engages in disgusting behaviour, the other side is fair and reasonable and quite embarrassed by the behaviour of the former.

Unfortunately it is the player that gets caught between these two, and which persona you have to deal with comes down to which timezone you live in.

6 hours ago, DragonL80 said:

If Eddie or Steve sees this all you have to do is just send me a chat. Tell me how to claim my prize and I will give you all the information I have regarding the account creation flaw

Honestly I would rather deal with Eddie or Steve directly because I've not had the greatest of luck with the rest of support as you've seen in the screenshots if Eddie or Steve say they'll make it right I would prefer that Eddie or Steve reach out to me

You should take the initiative and try to reach out to Eddie or Steve on telegram as its you who stand to loose by just waiting around. I suggest for you to lower down your ego and go forth contact either on telegram and claim your way overdue raffle bonus. 

• Support

Hi there. 

As you can see in the ToS of that promotion, Stake reserves the right to perform additional KYC/AM and that you must have an account not in violation of our Terms of Service.

Since you provided us with documents from a restricted area that makes you not eligible since you broke our ToS by accessing the site from a restricted area. 

image.png

Have a nice day now. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Rade said:

Since you provided us with documents from a restricted area that makes you not eligible since you broke our ToS by accessing the site from a restricted area. 

Providing documents from a restricted country and accessing the site from a restricted country are not the same thing.

You can't just slam the door in his face because he's a citizen of a restricted country, people travel.  If you don't believe him, ask him to provide more evidence. 

Edited by dupeddonk

27 minutes ago, Rade said:

Hi there. 

As you can see in the ToS of that promotion, Stake reserves the right to perform additional KYC/AM and that you must have an account not in violation of our Terms of Service.

image.png

Have a nice day now. 

There is a false perception that TOS is the be all and end all of all disputes. Do not be fobbed off by anyone who smugly quotes TOS at you. They are either deliberately trying to deceive you or are themselves ignorant of the law.

TOS are invalidated when they are deemed unreasonable, applied inconsistently, changed without adequate notification, contradicted by custom and practice, implemented inconsistently and or contradicted by the implied Terms of service of the organisation.

From my own observations stake frequently invalidate their own TOS, when staff either ignore procedures or make them up as they go along.

3 minutes ago, realbaaam said:

JURISDICTIONS. Persons located in or reside in United States......

if he provided US residence, its actually a breach of TOS... 

Yeah, if he gave them a US address then Rade is right.  I was assuming, maybe incorrectly, that he just sent them proof of identity, like a US passport.

3 minutes ago, Ghostnipple said:

There is a false perception that TOS is the be all and end all of all disputes. Do not be fobbed off by anyone who smugly quotes TOS at you. They are either deliberately trying to deceive you or are themselves ignorant of the law.

Or they're just explaining what rule you broke.

Posted (edited)

At all times i would advise you to be respectful and reasonable. Avoid making threats, allegations or assumptions about stakes intentions. Stick to the facts. State your case clearly without embellishment.

This is how you resolve a dispute.

1 hour ago, Rade said:

Hi there. 

image.png

Have a nice day now. 

Have stake ever knowingly taken bets from a player in a restricted area or an area where it was against the law to accept such a bet?

If stake have taken money from players losses, in restricted areas, it would appear both unreasonable and unfair for them to then deny players any money won.

If they continue with this position then they must return all funds taken from all players in restricted areas. They cant apply the restriction only when players win and ignore it when they suffer losses.

This is very dangerous territory, I would strongly advise Stake to settle this quickly before the issue escalates to a much much bigger problem.

Edited by Ghostnipple

I've also seen in another thread where a customer provided a UK document (restricted region), although they live in Ireland (unrestricted) and were banned for doing so. 

There are three levels of verification, and no level should be used out of context. 

Level 1 - simples, name and address.. That's it, the starting point. 

Level 2 - ID verification, are you who you claim to be in Level 1. You provide an official photo ID to prove it.. Shouldn't matter what nationality or citizenship you claim, as that is not going to show where you reside. 

Level 3 - proof of funds and address. This is the only time your location accessing stake should come into it.. Where do you reside? Is it a restricted region? 

You can be an American or UK national living in Germany and your passport should not restrict you. 

Equally having a passport for an unrestricted region is not evidence you should be accessing stake. You could be an Irish citizen living in the US or UK. 

Now, I'm not going to say anyone is right or wrong.. I don't have all the facts. But if they used a level 2 verification to block you, that should not be the case.. A passport does not show where you reside. 

• Support
20 minutes ago, Ghostnipple said:

At all times i would advise you to be respectful and reasonable. Avoid making threats, allegations or assumptions about stakes intentions. Stick to the facts. State your case clearly without embellishment.

Have stake ever knowingly taken bets from a player in a restricted area or an area where it was against the law to accept such a bet?

If stake have taken money from players losses, in restricted areas, it would appear both unreasonable and unfair for them to then deny players any money won.

If they continue with this position then they must return all funds taken from all players in restricted areas. They cant apply the restriction only when players win and ignore it when they suffer losses.

1 question: No 

2nd and 3rd question: Imagine coming to the site and losing some balance, but then when you say that you are from the states you get all of that back, in that case everyone would be doing that.

2 minutes ago, Dave1280 said:

I've also seen in another thread where a customer provided a UK document (restricted region), although they live in Ireland (unrestricted) and were banned for doing so. 

There are three levels of verification, and no level should be used out of context. 

Level 1 - simples, name and address.. That's it, the starting point. 

Level 2 - ID verification, are you who you claim to be in Level 1. You provide an official photo ID to prove it.. Shouldn't matter what nationality or citizenship you claim, as that is not going to show where you reside. 

Level 3 - proof of funds and address. This is the only time your location accessing stake should come into it.. Where do you reside? Is it a restricted region? 

You can be an American or UK national living in Germany and your passport should not restrict you. 

Equally having a passport for an unrestricted region is not evidence you should be accessing stake. You could be an Irish citizen living in the US or UK. 

Now, I'm not going to say anyone is right or wrong.. I don't have all the facts. But if they used a level 2 verification to block you, that should not be the case.. A passport does not show where you reside. 

That is why we have level 3 verification, if you are for example from UK but you live in Germany, you will need to verify level 3 showing us that you are really living in Germany and then you will be able to play. 

4 minutes ago, Rade said:

1 question: No 

2nd and 3rd question: Imagine coming to the site and losing some balance, but then when you say that you are from the states you get all of that back, in that case everyone would be doing that.

Rade, please take this as well intended advice. I strongly advise you to remove this last post unless you have the full backing of the Senior management team and are authorised to speak on their behalf. 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Ghostnipple said:

This is very dangerous territory, I would strongly advise Stake to settle this quickly before the issue escalates to a much much bigger problem.

I couldn't agree more.

This ToS is only used in their favors, while there are lot of US users and US sponsored streamers currently using and exposing VPN usage.

Edited by posimoh

25 minutes ago, Rade said:

That is why we have level 3 verification, if you are for example from UK but you live in Germany, you will need to verify level 3 showing us that you are really living in Germany and then you will be able to play

That makes sense. So in those cases I mentioned, as soon as the player attempted level 2 verification they would have been blocked. 

So, essentially if someone is a citizen of a restricted region they are unable to stop at verification level 2, and must proceed to level 3. Even though they may be happy to confirm identity, but don't wish to share proof of funds etc? 

Not being awkward, just curious.. The last thread on this issue, with the guy living in Ireland, made me curious to why he was banned. But I guess it makes sense. 

Posted (edited)

Lets not kid anyone here,

A good % of stake users are from US/UK/AUS and 'owners' are aware of it.

Not gonna name any names but take a look at regular stake affiliated streamers and u will find some

Edited by jerrahmaya

11 hours ago, Rade said:

Imagine coming to the site and losing some balance, but then when you say that you are from the states you get all of that back, in that case everyone would be doing that.

that would be wrong of course, as would taking their money when they lost and denying them money won.

neither of these scenarios would arise if stake did their due diligence in the first place.

11 hours ago, dupeddonk said:

Yeah, if he gave them a US address then Rade is right.  I was assuming, maybe incorrectly, that he just sent them proof of identity, like a US passport.

Or they're just explaining what rule you broke.

to what end?

10 hours ago, Dave1280 said:

That makes sense. So in those cases I mentioned, as soon as the player attempted level 2 verification they would have been blocked. 

So, essentially if someone is a citizen of a restricted region they are unable to stop at verification level 2, and must proceed to level 3. Even though they may be happy to confirm identity, but don't wish to share proof of funds etc? 

Not being awkward, just curious.. The last thread on this issue, with the guy living in Ireland, made me curious to why he was banned. But I guess it makes sense. 

Ireland is one island with two countries. Northern Ireland is currently part of the UK, and the citizens of Northern Ireland are British and subject to the laws of the UK.

The Republic of Ireland is a sovereign state and is not subject to the laws of the UK.

Best clarify which part of Ireland the player was residing.

I did not provide any one with an address anywhere the verification I attempted was from a Google sheet and involved uploading a picture of my ID they used that document to try to say that I was residing in the US the address I provided on stake is indeed in Sweden and was subsequently verified which was how I was able to claim verification bonus no less incidentally after my account was suspended

On 7/20/2021 at 11:05 AM, StromShadow said:

You should take the initiative and try to reach out to Eddie or Steve on telegram as its you who stand to loose by just waiting around. I suggest for you to lower down your ego and go forth contact either on telegram and claim your way overdue raffle bonus. 

If I knew how to reach out to Eddie or Steve on telegram I would

What I'm honestly the most surprised about is the lack of interest in the account creation flaw that I have I would think stake would want to make their site more secure, and the flaw that I found it's pretty freaking serious

OP: There is askgamblers neutral compliance board for gambling sites, if you are sure you are not in violation of terms and and you rightful won the money (and are allowed to claim it at any point you want). 

Dont discuss this in public, to talk about a  personal situation is not professional from both sides here I am afraid to say.

/ ask for close. 

Sad story... I feel sorry for you.

But well it's been a month and a half before you woke up. Yet i don't think there's expirancy limit for lottery winners for example . At least not as short 

But many times keeping the words nice and having positive attitude will bring better results.  I read in last comments that Eddie and Steve said they would be creating a new coupon. Let us know. 

And be as loudy once you will be satisfied !  I'm pretty sure this story will have an happy ending