Reliance Jio planning its own cryptocurrency called JioCoin

kurian

Featured Comment

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd plans to create its own cyptocurrency, JioCoin. With Mukesh Ambani’s elder son Akash Ambani leading the JioCoin project, Reliance Jio plans to build a 50-member team of young professionals to work on blockchain technology, which can also be used to develop applications such as smart contracts and supply chain management logistics. Read the full news here http://www.bgr.in/news/reliance-jio-to-develop-its-own-cryptocurrency-jiocoin-report/

This is a great news for crypto investors in India. As we already know, Indian govt. is trying to ban Bitcoin in India and Reserve Bank of India hinted a possible ban on cryptocurrencies. If people like Ambani makes a step into the crypto then, government would support it too. Furthermore, If they launch Jio coin then, all skeptic investors from India would get attracted to the cryptocurrencies. More people would enter crypto- world because Ambani's "Jio" trademark itself has gained trust over the past years. Let's hope for the best.

3 hours ago, kurian said:

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd plans to create its own cyptocurrency, JioCoin. With Mukesh Ambani’s elder son Akash Ambani leading the JioCoin project, Reliance Jio plans to build a 50-member team of young professionals to work on blockchain technology, which can also be used to develop applications such as smart contracts and supply chain management logistics. Read the full news here http://www.bgr.in/news/reliance-jio-to-develop-its-own-cryptocurrency-jiocoin-report/

This is a great news for crypto investors in India. As we already know, Indian govt. is trying to ban Bitcoin in India and Reserve Bank of India hinted a possible ban on cryptocurrencies. If people like Ambani makes a step into the crypto then, government would support it too. Furthermore, If they launch Jio coin then, all skeptic investors from India would get attracted to the cryptocurrencies. More people would enter crypto- world because Ambani's "Jio" trademark itself has gained trust over the past years. Let's hope for the best.

Wow man @kurian, that's really a very good news for us, the Indian crypto-enthusiasts. Furthermore, Ambani is a real influencer in Indian business market. And the success of JIO made this influence bigger than ever. And if this coin comes with a name "JIO" in the beginning, it'll sure attract million of common peoples as well as top investors and industrialists. 

Simply crossing my fingers for any positive news about this project..

Thanks, @kurian for sharing this awesome news..

Cheers..

9 hours ago, wilberthh said:

I don't know who that guy is but it seems like he is really a influential guy. Keep us informed please!!

I'd like to know more about this coin.

It's not confirmed yet... Ambani is a very influential man in India and one of the 50 richest men in the world. Jio is their telecom service provider which made a major impact on telecom market in India. i.e they gave free internet, calls and messages for more than three months.. now this offer available for very few bucks. 

So, if he is going to launch Jio coin then, every Indian would at least try to know more about Cryptocurrencies and that would be massive.

8 hours ago, Han2x said:

I think that Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd is a telecom company in India. Wonderful news for all people in India who support crypto. I hope it will awesome and will benefit all not only people in India. 

Thanks for sharing it @kurian. Give us any update.

Not only telecom services. Supermarket chains, Petrol pumps, Refineries, Textiles, etc...  Ambani is one of the 50 richest men in the world.. He is very influential. Their supermarket and textiles chain all over India itself enough for this to become a success.. What if they accept cryptocurrencies in all their stores?? Supermarket, petrol pumps, textiles, telecom service and so on ... 

7 hours ago, akki785 said:

Wow man @kurian, that's really a very good news for us, the Indian crypto-enthusiasts. Furthermore, Ambani is a real influencer in Indian business market. And the success of JIO made this influence bigger than ever. And if this coin comes with a name "JIO" in the beginning, it'll sure attract million of common peoples as well as top investors and industrialists. 

Simply crossing my fingers for any positive news about this project..

Thanks, @kurian for sharing this awesome news..

Cheers..

Let's hope it would become true..

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Kate said:

Well with the ban on exchanges they wont be releasing this coin anytime soon xD 

There is no ban on the Exchanges. Only INR deposits and withdrawals are stopped.

Here is the list of exchanges still allowing people to deposit and withdraw.

photo_2018-07-09_17-26-07.jpg

1 minute ago, kurian said:

There is no ban on the Exchanges. Only INR deposits and withdrawals are stopped.

Here is the list of exchanges still allowing people to deposit and withdraw.

photo_2018-07-09_17-26-07.jpg

Yeah well still it will be hard for people who are new to crypto to invest in India

Archived