Good Basics of Sports betting?

Featured Comment

Hey friend, im fairly new to it as well but i have a small grasp. The biggest thing is Research Research Research! if you don't understand a sport it would be better idea to not wager on it. Goodluck and happy gambling!

• 2 weeks later...

favorite wager.. watch MLB games and wager on innings in which a good pitcher is facing the batting line up of opposite team starting at batter #6 etc, 1.4-1.8x payouts but i feel that you'll have good entertainment and win more than u lose, but u will get upset at times! yesterday i lost 2 big bets on 2 outs 2 strikes, last pitch of the inning and the batter hits a homerun. Not once, but twice in the same game that killed my balance! good luck! But then on the other hand, you may get 4 innings in a row on a good winning streak to build some balance!

Managing bet size helped me the most , you only need to be slightly over 50% wins to be quite profitable. 

I make bets in Units - for example 1 unit may be 10 dollars, 100 dollars, 1 dollar. 

When on singles I bet 1-5 units depending on how much I like the bet

on multi's i bet half or .25 of a unit. 

To make a sure bet:

1) Bet on sports you fully understand.
2) Bet on teams you know they are strong (example, Barcelona, PSG, Manchester United, etc.) playing as home team.
3) Start with low bets

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 11:01 PM, notnic said:

I have no concept of how sports betting works and would like to give it a shot, anyone got advice on how to make a good - safe bet?

Well, first is important to find a good platform to bet safe, make sure you search a lot about it, check if is a regulated website, read all the opinion and review about it. 

Then, is important you organized yourself and find a strategy: 

-Bet on the sport you have good knowledge.
-Prepare a diary where you can put your limits (how much you will bet per bet and per month)
-Become a detective: check the matches, the odds and all of that. Inform you about the latest news of the teams. 

Don’t lose your temper when you bet, it is important you understand you can’t follow all that other people advised.

• 3 weeks later...

for a new comer to the sports apart from the sports knowledge want to tell you one more thing

- don't go for too small odds or too big ones. Only play around the x2 odds, start with a small base bet and try small increments if u loose, but don't go martingale  

• 2 weeks later...

I bet on underdogs with odds of 2.00 to 5.00 that allow for Martingaling 8-10 consecutive loses. And I like tennis and cs:go markets for that matter. It's not uncommon to see a seeded player or a highly ranked one loses to someone unknown.

In-play arb is also a good strat.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, Xylber said:

To make a sure bet:

1) Bet on sports you fully understand.
2) Bet on teams you know they are strong (example, Barcelona, PSG, Manchester United, etc.) playing as home team.
3) Start with low bets

that is a bad advice come on man :( value bets 

Bankroll is the top of the list.

Even when you are betting randomly with good managment you can be in profit, if you add some value to it you can make decent profits depends on bank.

Look for value bets, betting  Djokovic to win all the time will get you nothing but a big loss sooner or later.

I usually play women tennis waiting for mental breakdown of player ahead and betting on turn.

Footbal is great when is a big tempo game without goals in first half to bet on goals.

Basketbal on over gosh that one is golden when they dont score first half much, the odds get very favourable.

Last one Dota2 :D  litteraly their are streamers that has like 90% in predicting the wrong result :D I am just betting against them :D