firenine

Blackjack Basic Strategy

Featured Comment

Hello!

I recommend everyone to play blackjack optimally by using the basic strategy.

To use the chart you must look up your hand at the left vertical edge and the dealer's up card at the top.

From top to bottom you have three sections: hard hands, soft hands (hands that has an ace or more that you can't bust if you hit), and splittable hands (pairs).

Other rules: Never take insurance against dealer's ace and if you can't split for reaching the re-splitting limit, then look up your hand as a hard total.

image.thumb.png.e9d42fd09ff9a239813f98ec06225f9f.png

If you have any question on this strategy I will be glad to help!

Good luck!

Thanks for posting, I will try it.

But remember that in Stake there are infinite decks of cards, so maybe this is not 100% accurate....

I busted a lot at BJ, but I must say that I shoudn´t have played without knowing all the rules, like splitting, insurance or double....

3 minutes ago, maverick528 said:

But remember that in Stake there are infinite decks of cards, so maybe this is not 100% accurate....

From where did you got that info? I was looking for more information about the rules used here but could not find.

But that strategy is good for 4+ decks ;)

For other blackjack rules I recommend the Wizard of Odds Blackjack Calculator here:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/strategy/calculator/

5 minutes ago, firenine said:

From where did you got that info? I was looking for more information about the rules used here but could not find.

But that strategy is good for 4+ decks ;)

For other blackjack rules I recommend the Wizard of Odds Blackjack Calculator here:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/strategy/calculator/

I looked only for the tables, the rest of it is my explaination of how to use it. ^^ I don't think you can actually find so detailed info anywhere..

I just got a PM from @maverick528 with a blackjack hand where the dealer got two identical cards (4 of diamonds in dealer's hand).

In this case the basic strategy (4+ decks) in the opening post should be the best one to be used here.

image.png.70a564bfc1071c27a9a33731a3601d3c.png

Thanks @maverick528 and good luck everybody! :)

Edited by firenine | post updated with @maverick528 information

On 1/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, maverick528 said:

Thanks for posting, I will try it.

oh wow really? i did not know that there are infinite decks, your sure about that?                                                                                                                                   
thanks for the info btw.                                                                                                                                                                  

your chart is probably wrong because 1. stake use infinite deck (confirmed by ask support) and 2. dealer doesn't peek for blackjack (confirmed by got the dealer have 10 then A, no he doesn't peek, i got this more than twice so i'm pretty sure) 

i believe the corrected one would be something like this (i use math sign so it's easy to see, + meant hit, x meant double, // meant split and = meant stand):

image.thumb.png.a3fa17bfd54fca0056e08636f6b19b2b.png

edit: also confirmed here 

Edited by lolipant

On 1/14/2018 at 5:28 AM, firenine said:

Hello!

To use the chart you must look up your hand at the left vertical edge and the dealer's up card at the top.

From top to bottom you have three sections: hard hands, soft hands (hands that has an ace or more that you can't bust if you hit), and splittable hands (pairs).

Other rules: Never take insurance against dealer's ace and if you can't split for reaching the re-splitting limit, then look up your hand as a hard total.

Good luck!

wow this is great this will be helpful and useful

thats really nice sharing man, never knew there is some strategy chart exist :)

i will try according to this chart then will see if it works, i usually play random game, and never asked for more card if i have 14 or above, i always take chance win or bust.

On 1/14/2018 at 2:28 AM, firenine said:

Hello!

Good luck!

Ohh very nice information for playing blackjack game before I don't know how to play this game even I don't know about winning and losing cards I think this strategy give me help to understand this game

This can be a good basic strategy. It serves a lot to make some correct decisions during the game. But that cannot mean everything. The player has to learn how to create his own strategies.

Math helps. But sometimes the intuition of luck speaks louder!

Good luck!