Stake Forum
xtinepink

Friendster - Grandfather of Social Network

Featured Comment

Did you know that friendster is considered as one of the original and even the "grandfather" of social networks.

Friendster was a social gaming site based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was originally a social networking service website. 

I just remember Friendster as my first social media experience. Friendster was also redesigned, I was kinda new in using computer and it was really fun that I get to see some classmates on my elementary days during the born of friendster. It’s indeed a good site and I seem to kinda missed it.

Btw sone even use the website for dating and discovering new events, bands and hobbies. 

In my opinion friendster was also like a know-your-friend more kind of social networking, the testimonials of friends about is the most exciting part to read to.

Friendster users could share videos, photos, messages and comments with other members via profiles and networks. 

Friendster was once the hottest social networking site ever during my time. Where you also one of the Friendster fan?

Google even wanted to buy it for $30 million back in 2003, but sadly burdened by technical glitches and a more nimble competitor in Facebook.

Some people said that it was pretty much dead in the U.S. by 2006.

What I like about friendter is you  can do create themes depending on your taste. Unlike Facebook, it was the site where users can get creative with a customizable profile layout: we were able to choose background pictures, fonts, and colors. It also had a feature where the users can know who visited their profiles, the ‘Who’s Viewed Me,’ which pretty much got us holding back with stalking our crushes.

Friendster left us with pain of giving us very little warning of saving our most treasured files which majority weren’t backed up.

Friendster website was basically out after it removed all photos and blogs on June 27, 2011, an extended deadline to export data from May 31, 2011.

Lol I didn’t really save pictures there, I just couldn’t access it anymore since I wasn’t really aware of the shutting down, I thought it was just rumors.  ? 

Still, I enjoyed the glorious days of friendster. Hope to see this reborn too?

Below  are some examples of friendster:

Anyone here was a user of friendster too? 

What do you like about friendster??

1E3B00F5-0553-4661-8872-DA2B22A1D724.jpeg

E077009E-C25A-40CA-8115-12B1577BDB3E.jpeg

Edited by xtinepink

On 1/14/2018 at 5:30 PM, nhoyasim101 said:

ahm i miss my friendster account,that was my 1st social media  accnt, i have a lot of photo their when i was in military,sad bcoz i dont hve bckup on it before it banished.?

Same. I also have lots of photos that were not backed up? 

Edited by xtinepink