Jump to content

The "right" way to play blackjack


Featured Comment

On 1/17/2018 at 11:46 PM, badger said:

I was most fortunate to have a dealer that taught me the basic Blackjack rules the first time I sat at a table. The "right" way to play is very easy to learn. If I were more savvy, I would post a link to any of the sites that you can find one of those little cards they have at Blackjack tables for new players, but I'm not. 

Every play you make in blackjack is easily determined by what the dealers card is you can see.

Always assume and play each hand as if the dealer has a 10 underneath. Always. 

This is how you know whether to hit or stay:

If the dealers up card is a 7,8,9,10, face card, or ace, you hit.

If the dealers up card is a 3,4,5, or 6, you stay. The dealer must hit soft 16. These are the bust cards.

2s are kind of dangerous because there are a lot of hands the dealer can make. i stay against them, but only because i know the dealer has to hit.

Aces are scary too, but hit against aces, always.

The rules for splitting and doubling are about the same, don't double when the dealer is showing a 7,8,9,10, face, or ace. 

I happily double down with 9, or if I'm feeling extra spry, ill double down on 8 if the dealer is showing a 6. But always double dow when you have 10 or 11 when the dealer is showing a 3,4,5, or 6.

There are so many little tricks and ways to play and every hand is different. 

Oh, if you feel the need to take insurance, only insure good hands like 19 or better. Yes, I was the idiot trying to buy insurance with 14. The dealer told me no.

And don't split 20, duh. No need to wreck a perfectly good hand. 

Anyway, find a card with the basic rules online, or scrawl 7,8,9,10,face,ace hit and 3,4,5,6 stay, split, double on a piece of paper. Thats all you really need to know. 

If you are currently playing and have no clue what you are doing, this will change your game completely. Good Luck!

 

 

Sounds like you pretty much hit it on the head with your explanation. How has your success rate been since you new found logic? if you play live BJ, those are the best odds out of all games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I can’t get whether you’re being sarcastic or not) Seriously, it looks like you doubt the correctness of badger's words. As for me, I’ve got her point and have a pretty good idea how to use it on practice. And such a scheme can be applied to online casinos as well, IMO. Further, if you prefer casinos with Blackjack, I'd advise taking a look at the gambling houses provided by AllHighRollerCasinos https://www.allhighrollercasinos.com/blackjack-casinos . Though they are mostly for high roller players, you also can try your hands there. There are different types and variations of Blackjack, and you can find what would suit you best from the list.

Edited by cryptowolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 12:46 PM, badger said:

I was most fortunate to have a dealer that taught me the basic Blackjack rules the first time I sat at a table. The "right" way to play is very easy to learn. If I were more savvy, I would post a link to any of the sites that you can find one of those little cards they have at Blackjack tables for new players, but I'm not. 

Every play you make in blackjack is easily determined by what the dealers card is you can see.

Always assume and play each hand as if the dealer has a 10 underneath. Always. 

This is how you know whether to hit or stay:

If the dealers up card is a 7,8,9,10, face card, or ace, you hit.

If the dealers up card is a 3,4,5, or 6, you stay. The dealer must hit soft 16. These are the bust cards.

2s are kind of dangerous because there are a lot of hands the dealer can make. i stay against them, but only because i know the dealer has to hit.

Aces are scary too, but hit against aces, always.

The rules for splitting and doubling are about the same, don't double when the dealer is showing a 7,8,9,10, face, or ace. 

I happily double down with 9, or if I'm feeling extra spry, ill double down on 8 if the dealer is showing a 6. But always double dow when you have 10 or 11 when the dealer is showing a 3,4,5, or 6.

There are so many little tricks and ways to play and every hand is different. 

Oh, if you feel the need to take insurance, only insure good hands like 19 or better. Yes, I was the idiot trying to buy insurance with 14. The dealer told me no.

And don't split 20, duh. No need to wreck a perfectly good hand. 

Anyway, find a card with the basic rules online, or scrawl 7,8,9,10,face,ace hit and 3,4,5,6 stay, split, double on a piece of paper. Thats all you really need to know. 

If you are currently playing and have no clue what you are doing, this will change your game completely. Good Luck!

 

 

What a good summary of an essential way to play Blackjack! 

Thank you for that. 

Im going to go ahead and try this new strategy... hopefully end up with a decent win! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  I'm glad I found this thread just because I hadn't really realized the infinite deck phenomenon that happens here, I guess it should have clicked in though when I was reading how provably fair works in relation to BJ.

  Blackjack is one of my favourite games!  I don't normally always follow the basic strategy, and at one time I remember a player in a real Casino I was playing at, got angry with me because I hit (and didn't bust) but since I was at the end of the table, I had taken the card the dealer would have hit, so instead the dealer didn't bust and the other player lost and then got mad at me, LOL.

  I love how people always cry "rigged!" or try to blame other things for their dumb luck. This is gambling, every time you bet you are taking a gamble on losing.

Edited by KharmaBetz
formatting
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Simple game that tends to get boring when the payout is generally always the same. For me it comes down to how lucky I'm feeling when I raise my bet a huge amount. If the dealer is getting a six then I double and he ends with 21 thats when I'm soured from the game >:( lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

this is great advice, i especially hate watching someone stream playing blackjack and they have no idea how to play then complain that they keep losing lmao. Only when playing the game perfectly puts the house edge at .48% otherwise you'd be playing at a disadvantage. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

so the first time i played blackjack at a casino, i had no idea there was that set of unwritten rules.  SO me and a couple friends smoke a few  blunts do a lil yay and hit the casino up.  i see this guy banking at blackjack so i decide to sit next to him as there was only one seat at the table avaliable.  Immediatly i hit black jack so im like "okkkkk maybe this gonnna be a good night" then the next hand my card  shows 6 dude next to me has 4 and dealer has a 5, i hit and recieve a 7 and bust and the dude next to me has to hit he winds up getting an 8 and busts and everyone at the table just goes krazy and pretty much run me off the table.  i took about 3 months playing and learning the game and it took me about 6 or 7 months to show my face back at a blackjack table

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kingcashedout said:

so the first time i played blackjack at a casino, i had no idea there was that set of unwritten rules.  SO me and a couple friends smoke a few  blunts do a lil yay and hit the casino up.  i see this guy banking at blackjack so i decide to sit next to him as there was only one seat at the table avaliable.  Immediatly i hit black jack so im like "okkkkk maybe this gonnna be a good night" then the next hand my card  shows 6 dude next to me has 4 and dealer has a 5, i hit and recieve a 7 and bust and the dude next to me has to hit he winds up getting an 8 and busts and everyone at the table just goes krazy and pretty much run me off the table.  i took about 3 months playing and learning the game and it took me about 6 or 7 months to show my face back at a blackjack table

 

That's the crazy thing about playing Black Jack live at a casino.  You go out to have a few drinks or whatever with friends and decide to play Black jack and have a little fun.... but if you sit down at a table, especially where folks are playing for big bucks, they will cry and scream and call you names if you don't play "by the book!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 8:46 PM, badger said:

I was most fortunate to have a dealer that taught me the basic Blackjack rules the first time I sat at a table. The "right" way to play is very easy to learn. If I were more savvy, I would post a link to any of the sites that you can find one of those little cards they have at Blackjack tables for new players, but I'm not. 

Every play you make in blackjack is easily determined by what the dealers card is you can see.

Always assume and play each hand as if the dealer has a 10 underneath. Always. 

This is how you know whether to hit or stay:

If the dealers up card is a 7,8,9,10, face card, or ace, you hit.

If the dealers up card is a 3,4,5, or 6, you stay. The dealer must hit soft 16. These are the bust cards.

2s are kind of dangerous because there are a lot of hands the dealer can make. i stay against them, but only because i know the dealer has to hit.

Aces are scary too, but hit against aces, always.

The rules for splitting and doubling are about the same, don't double when the dealer is showing a 7,8,9,10, face, or ace. 

I happily double down with 9, or if I'm feeling extra spry, ill double down on 8 if the dealer is showing a 6. But always double dow when you have 10 or 11 when the dealer is showing a 3,4,5, or 6.

There are so many little tricks and ways to play and every hand is different. 

Oh, if you feel the need to take insurance, only insure good hands like 19 or better. Yes, I was the idiot trying to buy insurance with 14. The dealer told me no.

And don't split 20, duh. No need to wreck a perfectly good hand. 

Anyway, find a card with the basic rules online, or scrawl 7,8,9,10,face,ace hit and 3,4,5,6 stay, split, double on a piece of paper. Thats all you really need to know. 

If you are currently playing and have no clue what you are doing, this will change your game completely. Good Luck!

 

 

Couldn't have said it better myself!  This was a great read

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this topic is very old but has quite few interesting latest replies...

I do find interesting some informations that will surely help me making my own strategies in the future into blackjack.

Also loved the deep explanation on some of the replies involving how to gamble in a more proper way with blackjack. 

Thank you for that.

Edited by DreamStage
Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks badger for this blackjack tut post. 

i also played same same with the your way ,but black jack really not my fav game

i have a question . if we have 100k sat , how much basebet for start u think is good? 

i usally just start at 5k and double when i lost. wbu?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 11:38 PM, hanvee said:

thanks badger for this blackjack tut post. 

i also played same same with the your way ,but black jack really not my fav game

i have a question . if we have 100k sat , how much basebet for start u think is good? 

i usally just start at 5k and double when i lost. wbu?

hello hanvee, not sure if your asking everyone or just badger, however ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎i  like to play using 10k bets if i have a 100k balance. but be warned its risky
you can try it out and let us know in the comments below how it turns out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...