Jump to content
Stake Forum
dmbadillo10

Vaping - Is it really as BAD as SMOKING?

Featured Comment

Good morning everyone!

Stakers and stakettes. Hope you guys are doing well. ?

Today, I wanna share some of my experiences, and would also like to know yours and your opinions regarding my topic for the day.

Wanna know what it is? You got it? Of course, you read the title! ???

But you're a good prognosticator if you are reading right now. This is a discussion about VAPING. ???

So, in simple words, vaping is like smoking, but you are puffing vapor, not smoke.

"But Mr. dmbadillo10 sir, what's the difference?"

Chill. Im about to go to that, silly. ???

So around 9 years ago (As far as I can remember. You can correct me down below if I am wrong. ?), vaping, vape materials has been introduced to public. At first, it looked like a cigarrete stick, or a pen-like stuff, that has batteries and a little glass container which you can put liquid on. They said that this will be a replacement, or O should say an alternative for cigarettes. Many have tried, but went back to smoking eventually.

Years passed, and vapes evolves onto something more interesting, in a way that people will put value onto it.

MODs were created, tube/box like stuff, that has batteries. And atomizers, where you can put a coil/wire, then stuff it with cotton, and put liquid on it. That's how the vapor is produced.

Here's sample:

Tube.

20160203_185135.thumb.jpg.67cb6f3b60911295f6dfcdcc7209813d.jpg20160210_105452.thumb.jpg.550c374a970c6c732f2df92293ecc758.jpg

Box.

20160707_165211.thumb.jpg.3c313be0474f0745aff377ba0939cce8.jpg

20160625_095431.thumb.jpg.d676b905650e8b1594c5a66b5ec4280e.jpg

I was a smoker back then. When I tried vaping, I felt good. It is somehow different. In terms of taste, the texture of the vapor, the heat.

By the way, that tube above is my first one. ?

It made me stop smoking eventually. In weeks time, I felt the difference. I play basketball. And since the time I stopped smoking, my stamina improved. I also think vaping will help you get away from cancer.

Some say vaping is as dangerous as smoking. But I say no. Why? The liquid juice that is being used is composed of vegetable glycerin, which is a safe ingredient. It is your choice to add liquid nicotine, just for the sensation. The way the vapor is produced is of course through evaporation, versus you smoking, burning the solid tobacco literally, that goes to your lungs every puff of a stupid cigarette. Hahaha. 

If I can convince you, switch over to vaping. It will cost you a bit at the start, but that is it. The money is worth the try. Save your lungs, bruh. ?

So, what do you think? Which one would you choose? Leave a comment down below!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ravenyvolle2 said:

I heard vaping can cause lung cancer as well? or respiratory problems:P But if you are vaping, it seems and looks you are cool:)

 

I tried it before, I love the flavors:P 

They said. I mean, the non-vapers. Hahahaha.

Tastes better than cigarette for sure. ??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmbadillo10 said:

They said. I mean, the non-vapers. Hahahaha.

Tastes better than cigarette for sure. ??????

Yeah i am not a vaper thats why haah xD I tasted the caramel and vanilla before and it is good. I was vaping in one party before. I felt cool haha xD They thought I am really a vaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ravenyvolle2 said:

Yeah i am not a vaper thats why haah xD I tasted the caramel and vanilla before and it is good. I was vaping in one party before. I felt cool haha xD They thought I am really a vaper.

Definitely cool. Especially when you are blowing a lot of vapor outta your mouth.

Like a dragon, that's what they say. Cloud vaping is the vaper term. ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys I dont know whether this is the ideal place to ask yet I essentially expected to ask regarding whether it is possible to smoke marijuana strain like this in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/lemon-fire/ through a vaporizer? I never tried using a vaporizer yet im needing to get one. Do you guys have any beginners advice to tell me? Much thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Remigius said:

Hi guys I dont know whether this is the ideal place to ask yet I essentially expected to ask regarding whether it is possible to smoke marijuana strain like this in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/lemon-fire/ through a vaporizer? I never tried using a vaporizer yet im needing to get one. Do you guys have any beginners advice to tell me? Much thanks!!

On my own opinion, it is possible to vape marijuana. That is, if you know somebody or a store who produces e-juices, marijuana based.

Not sure if that's legal, but it is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to be a genius to know that in few years from now we will all know that vaping is as bad for health that smoking, or maybe just slightly better.

Lots of vaping liquid are made with chemicals (flavors & co), so it's probably not a great thing to inhale them. Plus having the vapor in contact with the lips is probably not a god idea neither, especially for the plastic ones who are heated by the vapor. Same for the battery close to your skin, and the risk of battery explosion (we saw some of those cases mostly because of the lithium ion batteries who will be a standard soon)

The use of vegetable glycerin can be a better choice but there is some side effects too : it can mess with your stomach (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and headache) and in some specific cases confusion and irregular heartbeat. Mainly vegetable glycerin is made from palm oil or coconut oil and could cause an allergic reaction, with symptoms including difficulty breathing, swelling, rash, itching and anaphylaxis.

Plus inhalation of vegetable glycerin tend to make your mouth dry, a sore throat, and increased thirst. And if you don't drink health liquid from that you'll push other bad things in your body (if you drink alcohol, soda & co).

* A 2016 study show that vaping is bad for your immune system : http://www.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajplung.00170.2016

* A group of Harvard researchers found that common flavoring substances found in vape liquid caused permanent, and sometimes fatal scar buildup in the lungs : https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/15-10185/

* For those who use it with nicotine, lot of myst are surrounding : https://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/ProductsIngredientsComponents/ucm456610.htm

* In one study, researchers measured the makeup of what they refer to as the “aerosols,” or the chemical composition of the vape smoke. They found that metals such as tin, nickel, silver, iron, aluminum, silicate, and chromium were present in this vape smoke in levels equal to, or greater than the concentrations found in traditional cigarette smoke. : http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0057987

*  Vaping 3 milligrams of liquid at a voltage commonly used in commercial vapes produced 14 milligrams of formaldehyde. These researchers estimated that a tobacco smoker would receive .15 milligrams of the same chemical per cigarette, or 3 milligrams per pack. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1413069#t=article

So is it better than smoking ? Maybe but I wouldn't bet too much on that. The vaping being "safer" is just some marketing to sell the product to weak minded people (like teenagers who are vaping like if it's nothing)

Is it safe ? Definitely not

I don't know why people are always asking "is that bad for me?". The right question would be "Is that good for me ?" If the answer is no or if you have a doubt, just forget it and move on ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Kargai said:

No need to be a genius to know that in few years from now we will all know that vaping is as bad for health that smoking, or maybe just slightly better.

Lots of vaping liquid are made with chemicals (flavors & co), so it's probably not a great thing to inhale them. Plus having the vapor in contact with the lips is probably not a god idea neither, especially for the plastic ones who are heated by the vapor. Same for the battery close to your skin, and the risk of battery explosion (we saw some of those cases mostly because of the lithium ion batteries who will be a standard soon)

The use of vegetable glycerin can be a better choice but there is some side effects too : it can mess with your stomach (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and headache) and in some specific cases confusion and irregular heartbeat. Mainly vegetable glycerin is made from palm oil or coconut oil and could cause an allergic reaction, with symptoms including difficulty breathing, swelling, rash, itching and anaphylaxis.

Plus inhalation of vegetable glycerin tend to make your mouth dry, a sore throat, and increased thirst. And if you don't drink health liquid from that you'll push other bad things in your body (if you drink alcohol, soda & co).

* A 2016 study show that vaping is bad for your immune system : http://www.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajplung.00170.2016

* A group of Harvard researchers found that common flavoring substances found in vape liquid caused permanent, and sometimes fatal scar buildup in the lungs : https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/15-10185/

* For those who use it with nicotine, lot of myst are surrounding : https://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/ProductsIngredientsComponents/ucm456610.htm

* In one study, researchers measured the makeup of what they refer to as the “aerosols,” or the chemical composition of the vape smoke. They found that metals such as tin, nickel, silver, iron, aluminum, silicate, and chromium were present in this vape smoke in levels equal to, or greater than the concentrations found in traditional cigarette smoke. : http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0057987

*  Vaping 3 milligrams of liquid at a voltage commonly used in commercial vapes produced 14 milligrams of formaldehyde. These researchers estimated that a tobacco smoker would receive .15 milligrams of the same chemical per cigarette, or 3 milligrams per pack. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1413069#t=article

So is it better than smoking ? Maybe but I wouldn't bet too much on that. The vaping being "safer" is just some marketing to sell the product to weak minded people (like teenagers who are vaping like if it's nothing)

Is it safe ? Definitely not

I don't know why people are always asking "is that bad for me?". The right question would be "Is that good for me ?" If the answer is no or if you have a doubt, just forget it and move on ;)

Bunch of info that make sense.

Thanks man.

2 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Vaping is meant to be „healthier“. Healthier does not mean you‘re choosing an healthy hobby.

its still bad for you. Therefore the question should be:

is it bad for me? You know the answer.

Precisely.

We wouldnt really know unless we try.

Me, I preferred vaping since I see positive results versus smoking. So my answer to myself is, "It is safe". 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coeghacked said:

good or bad it all goes back to their respective owners. simple :)

but im vaping and smoking :D

signature.gif.c22269133dc82c6a129279477003a2de.gif

Yea. Sometimes I still smoke. Half stick. But then, cigarette tastes so bitter for me.. I still prefer vaping now. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hux said:

i think vaping is still bad for you but i dont think its as bad as smoking if im correct?

Well, for me, my own perspective as an ex-smoker and as a vaper, vaping is not bad. Smoking is bad.

I haven't experienced any side effects, and I'm going 3 years on vaping.

Well, we will see in the long run. 😊😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i vape and it was the only thing that got me away from cigs. I loved it i wouldnt say its healthy but wtf is healthy that any of us do besides eat veggies and exercise. Putting something on like deodorant every day can cause cancer and im pretty sure we all do or less you probably smell like shit every day :) And as for the formaldehyde as far as i know it is caused by cotton burning and if your burning your cotton then you are not vaping but yet smoking cotton and e liquid. And you would also def notice if you were burning it im sure it happens to the beginner because things like chain vaping to much can dry up your coil and burn it but other than that you are at least not burning and smoking something hence the Vaping. the smoking and burning of tobacco and paper creates the carcinogen which vaping at least isnt actually burning anything but heating it up to a boiling point and created steam. If any of you do vape tho i would suggest you into making you own e liquids as i do if anyone is interested i can give you a few tips because once i started making my own i havent really bought juice from a store you dont really know the conditions of what it was made in someone could have coughed in it while making it, i doubt it but you see what i mean. you can also control what is in it chemical wise what flavorings are used and how much. It has a startup cost but you can make the same size bottle for like 1/5th the cost if not less. But to the original topic is no its not good for us and if you dont smoke cigs then you dont need to vape but if you smoke cigs then you should def think it over because i really do feel better i can breathe and taste things again because as i said its not burning anything so you stop burning your taste buds off. Enjoy vaping to the vapors :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, meggiemegs said:

Well i vape and it was the only thing that got me away from cigs. I loved it i wouldnt say its healthy but wtf is healthy that any of us do besides eat veggies and exercise. Putting something on like deodorant every day can cause cancer and im pretty sure we all do or less you probably smell like shit every day :) And as for the formaldehyde as far as i know it is caused by cotton burning and if your burning your cotton then you are not vaping but yet smoking cotton and e liquid. And you would also def notice if you were burning it im sure it happens to the beginner because things like chain vaping to much can dry up your coil and burn it but other than that you are at least not burning and smoking something hence the Vaping. the smoking and burning of tobacco and paper creates the carcinogen which vaping at least isnt actually burning anything but heating it up to a boiling point and created steam. If any of you do vape tho i would suggest you into making you own e liquids as i do if anyone is interested i can give you a few tips because once i started making my own i havent really bought juice from a store you dont really know the conditions of what it was made in someone could have coughed in it while making it, i doubt it but you see what i mean. you can also control what is in it chemical wise what flavorings are used and how much. It has a startup cost but you can make the same size bottle for like 1/5th the cost if not less. But to the original topic is no its not good for us and if you dont smoke cigs then you dont need to vape but if you smoke cigs then you should def think it over because i really do feel better i can breathe and taste things again because as i said its not burning anything so you stop burning your taste buds off. Enjoy vaping to the vapors :)

Good point.

Nice one on creating your own juice. What flavors do you make?

I love pastry juices. 👍😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All kinds really i like fruit and candy type flavors mostly right now. I have a whole stash of flavors and most of them i dont really enjoy was mostly to try and test them to see what i like. I also like making milky ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, meggiemegs said:

All kinds really i like fruit and candy type flavors mostly right now. I have a whole stash of flavors and most of them i dont really enjoy was mostly to try and test them to see what i like. I also like making milky ones.

Nice. Good for ya. 😉

I prefer finding a taste that I would look for. That way, it can compensate for the crave for smoke.

I like peanut RY4 flavor. 👍😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one good topic!.. i tried vaping which made me stop smoking for 6 mos. the idea if it is good or bad.. I would say it is still bad, but hey it is your body! The only advantage or good thing i see in vaping vs. smoking is that vaping is safe for people around us..I mean I am talking about second hand smoke, so that will be the best difference there is. B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×