Mazda3

Startup Tangem will release "smart" crypto banknotes

Featured Comment

The rapid growth in popularity of crypto currency makes even initially far from the topic people pay attention to them. But to understand the diversity of the "coins" and technologies associated with them, an ordinary person is quite difficult. Therefore, the startup Tangem decided to make the technology mass and accessible, releasing smart crypto-banknotes.

Andrey Pantyukhin, one of the founders of the company, explained that the goal of the startup is to release the physical embodiment of the Bitcoins, which can be touched. Each banknote will contain a special chip containing crypto-currencies and other digital assets. The idea is that having such "banknotes" on hand, people will be able to make crypto-currency transactions by simply transferring notes to each other while maintaining anonymity. And, unlike online transactions, the process will take place instantly.

What can you say about this? ;)An interesting idea or a failure?

Well.. banks want to get rid of banknotes.. they are expensive, they cost time and so much more. The only benefit is the feeling of having it in your hands.

our and following generations grow up in a digital world. Trying to make some kind of hybrid to get people to use it is absolutely useless. I couldn’t be less interested in this.

35 minutes ago, CaptainLorca said:

Well.. banks want to get rid of banknotes.. they are expensive, they cost time and so much more. The only benefit is the feeling of having it in your hands.

our and following generations grow up in a digital world. Trying to make some kind of hybrid to get people to use it is absolutely useless. I couldn’t be less interested in this.

To be right i doubt they would get rid of banknotes, because not everybody wants to be digital. It would be more than a humongous change. They could add it as an option but next to banknotes, credit cards and everything that's a payment method to this day.

1 hour ago, btcstar31 said:

Tangem Companey is Minting Bitcoin Banknotes , Where it comes in the denomination of 0.01 btc and 0.05 btc, This company has already launched its Bitcoin Banknotes Hope its a SUCCESS ,

Yeah i hope it's all like you said too, hopefully turns a success. Would be a bit weird seeing it go though. Btw nice avatar broxD

24 minutes ago, Kuba said:

To be right i doubt they would get rid of banknotes, because not everybody wants to be digital. It would be more than a humongous change. They could add it as an option but next to banknotes, credit cards and everything that's a payment method to this day.

It’s inevitable. It will happen in the next 10 years. No doubt. Banknotes will be history soon enough.

On 5/5/2018 at 11:58 AM, chinny said:

banknotes? wont it lose the essence of being a digital currency ?

They made banknotes about gold and silver. And there is no point holding some gold on paper and not in real ... still that represent 90+% of all the transactions in gold in the world. 

As soon as they can make money out of it, it's great from their point of view ;)