Stake Forum
gougou

Let's help people that they are hungry

Featured Comment

Hi everybody

Last days i watch on TV kids are crying in Syria from bombing and losing parents and everything.

I want to propose to Admins and to all players to make an account that anyone can donate anytime he or she wants as many as he wants to help those kids.

For being fair and cause i trust Admins and support here i think that they would make that account so anyone can help as much as he or she wants.And it would be somewhere on stake.com  so anyone can see the balance that we all make.

I believe that if we give 10sats per day at least all users we will not get poorer fr9m that.

Thank you very much.I wait your answers!!!!!

if they do this everytime i get above 100k i will donate 25k it makes me so sad seeing people that don't have food and I want to help in any way i can

What a wonderful idea!!! I like it this idea alot! But now we must think of how we can use the money that is raised on that account to help these people. Maybe look for organizations that are actively helping already and either cash out and send the money to them and post proof of send here. Or ask them to maybe learn how to accept and cash out bitcoin so it  can just be withdrawed  to them .

List of things we need to make this work. 

1. Think of how we can use the money to help them. 
  2. Find active organizations helping them to consider financially supporting. 

3 minutes ago, blueprints said:

I think an account would have to be made and controlled by admin or support staff. 

This way we will not risk the money or be in doubt of the integrity. 

but if you posted proof of donations and it was a trusted member e.g. godloft i think it would work

But it would be a lot of work that could be avoided by just having only all support access to it. It could work but if the account is owned only by support, Then it would have the credibility that everyone can trust. But lets say Godloft owns it, and a person comes along that is willing but doesnt know godloft. That person might hesitate or doubt. But i dont think thered be question if support controlled it. 

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is a great idea and certainly something we would like to help facilitate. Does anyone have a suggestion for an appropriate charity?

in my opinion unicef would be a good charity
https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/nutrition-liberia-feed-childs-future/?sisearchengine=284&siproduct=Campaign_**Nutrition-Generic-Broad&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rKgq6fM2QIVyr3tCh3gBA11EAAYAyAAEgKJyPD_BwE
theres link 

So here's an update, in efforts to see what I can do to support this great idea, I have found an initiative setup by UNICEF France, called Game Chaingers. All information can be found here: https://www.chaingers.io

With this initiative a few of us with decent graphics computers can use some of our graphics card power to mine Ethereum for the UNICEF pool. (Don't worry they set limiting to reduce any chance of potential damage to our computers!)

With this initiative it also lets us make donations to the Syrian Children by depositing to an Ethereum address, which is perfect for the little community initiative you hope to setup. So what we can do is create an admin account for everyone to tip their spare satoshi to, and at the end of the month we can convert it to Ethereum and send to the address listed on the website.

I really like this initiative and it's definitely something I would like to get behind on a personal level and community level. Very good idea everyone!

Thoughts? feedback?

I think helping out those in need is a great idea but I was under the impression it would be more directed towards helping our own stake community members who are in need?   

1 hour ago, 77kdub said:

I think helping out those in need is a great idea but I was under the impression it would be more directed towards helping our own stake community members who are in need?   

I am not aware of any Syrian players, furthermore that would be too difficult to help facilitate, we would require KYC to verify identities which wouldn't be a viable service.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

I am not aware of any Syrian players, furthermore that would be too difficult to help facilitate, we would require KYC to verify identities which wouldn't be a viable service.

You're right it would be almost impossible I'm sure.  I think you're idea is a great choice dan I think everyone will agree.

Over 400 people have been killed in Syria in the last five days 150 of them were children.
Why is the world in silence now? If a celebrity dies, there would be an avalanche of condolences.
Thousands of innocent kids get brutally murdered in Syria nobody speaks a word. Such a cruel world we live in today.#savesyriachildren