Featured Comment

On 4/17/2018 at 8:56 AM, Sefan said:

weird-book-titles-emgn-6.jpg

Hahahaha, this one might be quite useful xDxDxD

On 4/17/2018 at 8:56 AM, Sefan said:

weird-book-titles-emgn-27.jpe

WTF? o.O 

On 4/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, PeterPine said:

The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories...

By Tim Burton

melancholydeath_.png

I don't actually consider this one odd, just Burton's style, kinda suiting :D And yes, I would like to know what it is about/purchase it 😋

Btw I forgot to speak about this one and it can fit the description of "different". I try to buy one for years but the price is often too expensive for a book we can't read 😛

The Codex Seraphinianus is an illustrated encyclopedia of an imaginary world (created in 1976-1978 and published in 1981).

One of the particularity is that it's written in a cipher alphabet in a constructed language. Another one is that it's hand-drawn, colored-pencil illustrations of bizarre and fantastical flora, fauna, anatomies, fashions, and foods. The language of the book has defied complete analysis by linguists for decades.

Codex-Seraphinianus-5.jpg

codex22-660x330.jpg

Codex-Seraphinianus-02.jpg

The book can be read here : https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/CodexSeraphinianus.pdf

21 hours ago, Kargai said:

Btw I forgot to speak about this one and it can fit the description of "different". I try to buy one for years but the price is often too expensive for a book we can't read 😛

The Codex Seraphinianus is an illustrated encyclopedia of an imaginary world (created in 1976-1978 and published in 1981).

One of the particularity is that it's written in a cipher alphabet in a constructed language. Another one is that it's hand-drawn, colored-pencil illustrations of bizarre and fantastical flora, fauna, anatomies, fashions, and foods. The language of the book has defied complete analysis by linguists for decades.

Codex-Seraphinianus-5.jpg

codex22-660x330.jpg

Codex-Seraphinianus-02.jpg

The book can be read here : https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/CodexSeraphinianus.pdf

WOW, this looks like something that would hold my attention for more than an hour :D (my attention span has decreased severely in the last few months)