Stake Forum
skillex

Circulating supply reach the maximum

Featured Comment

Hello to veterans here, what will happen if a certain coin will reach its circulating supply to its maximum supply? Say for example EOS has currently have 800 million in circulation now and it has 1 billion in maximum supply, what will happen to its price if it hits its circulating supply to 1 billion? 

When you say circulating supply will be equal to the maximum supply that is a great thing. That means the exchange are active. Most people how possesses that coin are buying and selling or active in the market. If there is enough supply to cater the demand then the price will not go up. That is just my opinion. 

According to this article:

https://www.investopedia.com/news/what-happens-bitcoin-after-all-21-million-are-mined/

which uses bitcoin as its basis, the price of the coin will likely go up (which makes sense, when you think about it, because more demand, less supply usually equals higher price in any market). 

What about the miners? How can they get rewards if there are no more coins left !! The article says maybe transaction fees wont be enough to keep them mining, that would be kind of a scary prospect.

But... it also says the protocol could be changed to allow more coins to be generated! I never even thought of this. Suprising it can be done, but I guess with no central regulating body anything can in theory be done. 

Edited by SuddenlyBroke

Umm then the coin is a very active or the coin is not worth hodling or this means the price is gonna rise if buyers are more or if sellers are more then prices is gonna drop of the coin