Jump to content
williamshennie9

Best music video of all time

Featured Comment

What's the best music video of all time? Not necessarily the most popular, but the best in your opinion.

All suggestions welcome, no shaming anyone, we all have our own preferences :)

Looking forward to your ideas :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not, there was a time when no music vids were made.

But now if you make a great song without an associated clip, nobody will notice you. Everything is centered now only around the eyes.

So for us that were there in the dark ages and the beggining of video clips, there are some that were memorable one way or the other....

I remember for example Queen "Save me" vid very well, because it was shot in 1979 and at that time not much vids were around, but also because the vid is beautiful and the song even more.

Another memorable vid by Queen was "I want to break free", where all group members were dressed as women.

Michael Jackson "Thriller" was very important, but its not one of my favourites...

Michael Jackson "Black or white" used  face morphing, and that was impressive at that time...

And also Michael Jackson "Remember the time" had a very important production and nice details.....

"Take on me" by Aha made innovative mixing of animation and live action.

"Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel was also an important video in its time for using stop motion animation....

"Crazy" by Aerosmith will surely be mentioned by older people like me.

Personally I like a lot "Pale shelter" and "Head over heels" by Tears for Fears.

Madonna´s "Papa don´t preach" and "Like a prayer" made a lot of headlines in its day.

There are some that I remember as a dissapointment, I love Mick Jagger´s song "Hard woman" and I had great expectations on the music vid that was made using computer graphics (revolutionary at that time), but it was not so nice for me ....

"Go west" by Pet Shop Boys is nice too ....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, maverick528 said:

"Take on me" by Aha made innovative mixing of animation and live action.

 

Omg, I honestly love this one, still watch it gladly, and remember the times when I used to hang out with my sister next to the old MTV and wondered how the fella from the comic book managed to get out and get the girl :D❤️

11 hours ago, maverick528 said:

"Crazy" by Aerosmith will surely be mentioned by older people like me.

 

Okay, I'm old then officially too ;) Speaking of Aerosmith, this one was also revolutionary in a way, ahead of its time for sure (I still love the motorcycle scene the best! :$)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bojana said:

Omg, I honestly love this one, still watch it gladly, and remember the times when I used to hang out with my sister next to the old MTV and wondered how the fella from the comic book managed to get out and get the girl :D❤️

Okay, I'm old then officially too ;) Speaking of Aerosmith, this one was also revolutionary in a way, ahead of its time for sure (I still love the motorcycle scene the best! :$)
 

 

And this one I like it too=

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, maverick528 said:

And this one I like it too=

 

 

Mmmmm, Jessica Biel, yum! 😋

Can we just agree that Aerosmith has always had the best looking girls in their videos (after Enrique Inglesias ofc xD)?
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, maverick528 said:

Believe it or not, there was a time when no music vids were made.

But now if you make a great song without an associated clip, nobody will notice you. Everything is centered now only around the eyes.

So for us that were there in the dark ages and the beggining of video clips, there are some that were memorable one way or the other....

I remember for example Queen "Save me" vid very well, because it was shot in 1979 and at that time not much vids were around, but also because the vid is beautiful and the song even more.

Another memorable vid by Queen was "I want to break free", where all group members were dressed as women.

Michael Jackson "Thriller" was very important, but its not one of my favourites...

Michael Jackson "Black or white" used  face morphing, and that was impressive at that time...

And also Michael Jackson "Remember the time" had a very important production and nice details.....

"Take on me" by Aha made innovative mixing of animation and live action.

"Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel was also an important video in its time for using stop motion animation....

"Crazy" by Aerosmith will surely be mentioned by older people like me.

Personally I like a lot "Pale shelter" and "Head over heels" by Tears for Fears.

Madonna´s "Papa don´t preach" and "Like a prayer" made a lot of headlines in its day.

There are some that I remember as a dissapointment, I love Mick Jagger´s song "Hard woman" and I had great expectations on the music vid that was made using computer graphics (revolutionary at that time), but it was not so nice for me ....

"Go west" by Pet Shop Boys is nice too ....

 

 

Great answer Maverick and great picks as well, i remember when those videos were making headlines......another one that came to mind while reading your post was the music video "satisfaction" it was very sexual for its time,  much like almost all Madonna's videos lol 

Forgive me for straying a little off topic from the original post but since you brought up videos that made headlines, it brought a few to mind,    Now here's one i won't soon forget lol, i can't even say i liked the video or the song but this definitely made headlines....its been entertaining to say the least,  witnessing how far we've advanced from our primitive but not so modest or humble beginnings....lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×