Stake Forum
Snike

What came first? Egg or chicken?

Featured Comment

What came first? The egg or the chicken? 

If you reply please provide a explanation to your theory. 

This could go on for ever and I finally want to see what's the right answer to that question. 

"Roman scholar Plutarch made the earliest written reference to this problem, but it's clear from his treatise "On Whether the Hen or the Egg Came First" that he wasn't the first to ask it. In his circle, it wasn't just about poultry. The seemingly endless cycle of chickens and eggs, to them, suggested that the world had always been exactly the same as it was, with no discrete beginning or ending. But if they'd understood that species of animals change over time, they might not have been so worried about it.

Because we know that the world hasn't always been the way it is today, that evolution is real, and that there was a time before both chickens and eggs, we know that there really is an answer to the question. This argument is over easy: it's the egg.

Eggs have been around since fish evolved, long before birds in general and chickens specifically. Eventually, a bird that was very much like a chicken laid an egg, and a chicken hatched out of it. There might be some quibbling over exactly where in the evolutionary line is the division between "chicken" and "not-chicken," but no matter how you slice it, the egg was there ahead of time."

On 6/24/2018 at 12:04 PM, Kuba said:

"Roman scholar Plutarch made the earliest written reference to this problem, but it's clear from his treatise "On Whether the Hen or the Egg Came First" that he wasn't the first to ask it. In his circle, it wasn't just about poultry. The seemingly endless cycle of chickens and eggs, to them, suggested that the world had always been exactly the same as it was, with no discrete beginning or ending. But if they'd understood that species of animals change over time, they might not have been so worried about it.

Because we know that the world hasn't always been the way it is today, that evolution is real, and that there was a time before both chickens and eggs, we know that there really is an answer to the question. This argument is over easy: it's the egg.

Eggs have been around since fish evolved, long before birds in general and chickens specifically. Eventually, a bird that was very much like a chicken laid an egg, and a chicken hatched out of it. There might be some quibbling over exactly where in the evolutionary line is the division between "chicken" and "not-chicken," but no matter how you slice it, the egg was there ahead of time."

Sorry, i got this from https://curiosity.com/topics/which-came-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg-curiosity/ , basically there they explain it all how it started. I couldn't sum it all up in my own words, and i think it just answers the whole topic. So i quoted, it was counted as spam and i got a warning point, well done @ThugStream.

Edited by Kuba

The egg! Here’s why.

my theory is the egg came first the egg was formed by different organisms. Maybe different kind of organism was stock on a cold place and the egg was formed then when the place becomes warm the egg got hatched and thats where the first chicken was born. Hahahahahahahahaha

5 hours ago, Kuba said:

Sorry, i got this from https://curiosity.com/topics/which-came-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg-curiosity/ , basically there they explain it all how it started. I couldn't sum it all up in my own words, and i think it just answers the whole topic. So i quoted, it was counted as spam and i got a warning point, well done @ThugStream.

There are many explanations online that's not the only one. Snike could have just googled it himself to find the answer. Why waste your effort on copy-pasting? 

Please check out forum rules below. :) 

Goodluck

8 hours ago, ThugStream said:

There are many explanations online that's not the only one. Snike could have just googled it himself to find the answer. Why waste your effort on copy-pasting? 

Please check out forum rules below. :) 

Goodluck

Maybe it's a topic about your opinions what came first, and my believe is all i quoted there, That's why i "waste" my effort QUOTING another article.

7 hours ago, Kuba said:

Maybe it's a topic about your opinions what came first, and my believe is all i quoted there, That's why i "waste" my effort QUOTING another article.

You may share your opinions without copy-pasting from other article/sources. Rules were violated so the warning point remains. 

Edit: @KubaI Have changed the time of Warning point will be revoked automatically after 7 days. Make sure to read forum Rules to avoid the future violation.  :)

Goodluck

9 minutes ago, ThugStream said:

You may share your opinions without copy-pasting from other article/sources. Rules were violated so the warning point remains. 

Goodluck

Hmm, thank you for the opinion and comment.

Edited by Kuba

The answer to this is easy. Nobody really considers the reality of the situation. Rather, they approach it with a metaphorical or philosophical sense. When you think about it..... Really put yourself there. Close your eyes and imagine the scenario....... The answer is........

The Rooster Came First.

my theory is the egg came first the egg was formed by different organisms. Maybe different kind of organism was stock on a cold place and the egg was formed then when the place becomes warm the egg got hatched and thats where the first chicken was born.