Should school offer bitcoin & blockchain education?

Featured Comment

Already posted here, but I just wan to add that, if not a particular class about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and blockchain, what I would offer is a strong development in programming and IT development.  Those two will strongly be tied to blockchain and with this the learning of it will be automatically done.  About Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies, I think that the search of this will be natural once they started to learn about blockchain.  There will be a future when everybody will be using it, with no questions or hesitations such as we use right now google or Excel spreadsheet.  Ask anybody who uses Excel in a regular basis in what language is it written....they don´t have a clue but the are users of it.  Same will happen with blockchain and all the apps that soon will be available for people to use.  Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally think people should have the option to study blockchain if they want to, as long as blockchain keeps existing and being used by some companies and institutes more and more universities going to offer blockchain education, probably in next 10 years or so we will be seeing more of this around the world.

• 1 month later...

What news, I have not even heard about bitcoin courses and classes, especially at university. But I think it is really smart and good ideas nowadays because we can hear a lot about bitcoins as a cryptocurrency and blockchain, so we have to be aware of it and its usage and investment to keep yourself and money in safe. It is a very common topic students light in their papers at school, so I think it worth to be taught professionally. I realized it when I went to the https://studydriver.com/cultural-identity-essay/ project to find help with assignments. I was looking for some cultural identity essay examples but found a lot about bitcoin too.

Edited by JasmineMurphy

This is a rather old topic in regards to whether institutions should employ and teach future generations more about cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin is one of the leading one of course) and about the blockchain technology, my answer would be a resounding yes since it will help to build a better future in terms of monetary convenience and value at the same time.

Of course it's very good if bitcoin and blockchain start to be given education in schools. So from an early age already understood about bitcoin and blockchain technology. That way bitcoin growth will also be more rapid. I hope in every school there are lessons regarding bitcoin.

3 hours ago, yuchan said:

Of course it's very good if bitcoin and blockchain start to be given education in schools. So from an early age already understood about bitcoin and blockchain technology. That way bitcoin growth will also be more rapid. I hope in every school there are lessons regarding bitcoin.

totally agree with you

I think people should be aware about the world of crypto currencies. It will be good to have extra classes about this in school, they will know it about it sooner or later tho so might wanna let them know ahead. It might be able to help young individuals to start earning on their own through cryptos and trading.

image.png

Edited by evet
I attached accidentally an irrelevant image
  • 1 month later...

Teaching children from a young age about cryptocurrencies is illogical because it will distract them from learning and make them turn to obtain those mysterious currencies, but in universities this is good, especially colleges that teach economics because economics students consider cryptocurrencies within the field of their studies and it is possible to develop the field of encryption So I support economics students after the age of 18 for cryptocurrencies

There is a need for digital currency to be thought due to  its relevance and important  in the society and how it transform allot of peoples life and its a great deal of knowledge that is worth to understand I believe with the basic knowledge of it it will help student to achieved  allot of thing in life 

On 6/24/2018 at 2:05 PM, ambar33n said:

The University of California is now offering a class on cryptocurrency. Arizona State University has launched a blockchain research lab in collaboration with the Dash cryptocurrency. Stanford University began offering a Bitcoin class two years ago, and Fordham University started teaching students about cryptocurrency a year before that. Cambridge University is now including blockchain education as a core part of their Masters in Finance degree 
The reality is that an increasing number of universities are starting up Bitcoin education classes, and this push is starting to filter down to high schools. Students, on a percentage basis, are much more well-versed in the cryptocurrency sphere than older generations (such as their teachers), so it makes perfect sense that there’s an increasing demand for such education to be implemented on campuses.
At what age do you think students should start learning about cryptocurrencies?

Yes without any doubt all education institutions should offer cryptocurrency learning as in future ,the world will use currency to transaction, buy,shopping etc...moreover future world will be based on crypto currency so if some one gain enough knowledge about it then they can easily earn money via crypto world...so i think crypto currency education should provide every place of institutions

Hello, I think school should be taught about Bitcoin and blockchain, because Bitcoin is a very good currency, investing in Bitcoin with blockchain can benefit a lot, so Bitcoin and blockchain should be taught.